XPO | Miami Union

I don’t really understand this. Is there in fact a contract between XPO and the Union thats been ratified? When there was an organizing push at a company that I worked for, the Union told us the since there was a contract already in place at other terminals, that was all that was available. I don’t see how you can think that there’s another one coming.

I don’t really understand this. Is there in fact a contract between XPO and the Union thats been ratified? When there was an organizing push at a company that I worked for, the Union told us the since there was a contract already in place at other terminals, that was all that was available. I don’t see how you can think that there’s another one coming.
yes. i believe they're in Teamsters local 769

There was actually another. Trenton,Nj

Each location negotiated separately. The company would not agree to a Master type of contract.

Last edited:
The amazing part if I remember right old Dominion stock was at $50 a share went Xpo bought us .
In Sept 2015 it was announced the XPO was buying Con-way and closed in Oct 2015. At that time OD stock was hanging in the $35 to $45 price. To give some insight to others. Back in Dec 2018 I bought through my advisor share of XPO stock for about $70 per share. The sold it when Jim Crammer was pushing it at $90 per share in Sept 2020. So how are the others doing well lets see
Arcbest(ABF) Sept 2015 around $25 as of this posting $89.59
OD Sept 2015 around $40 as of this posting $325.77
Saia Sept 2015 around $35 as of this posting $254.09
FedEX Sept 2015 around $140 as of this posting $232.10
TFI(UPSF) Sept 2015 around $19 as of this posting $11.42
Yellow Sept 2015 around $16 as of this posting $1.81

With the split up of XPO the stock history is incorrect due to the spin-offs. If you just take the price when I sold it just over 2yrs ago of $90 and as of this posting it's $30.13.

The amazing part if I remember right old Dominion stock was at $50 a share went Xpo bought us . I will have to go back and look to verify. We’ve staggered and lagged the entire time Jacobs ran the ship. My guess his intentions were to match ODFL’s stock but it never happened and he broke it up and divested. The only sure path to Xpo LTL success is to regain its former reputation ( Early Con-ways ) and build from their. This however would take upper management to invest into its employees and attract better help. Unfortunately I don’t see this happening. At this point I don’t think (because of the resistance to this ) Xpo LTL will struggle to regain its footing. Upper management has already resolved itself to hiring lesser quality employees and managing them though surveillance as it’s future .
I sorry to say many I have talked to, including me, have no confidence or trust in almost all levels of the management at XPO. There are some that know what they are doing but are pushed aside by those who don't. It is wishful thing of going back to regain our reputation, but thats not going to happen. That would mean that the college educated one would have to admit they failed and listen to us dumb azz steering wheel holders.

I sorry to say many I have talked to, including me, have no confidence or trust in almost all levels of the management at XPO. There are some that know what they are doing but are pushed aside by those who don't. It is wishful thing of going back to regain our reputation, but thats not going to happen. That would mean that the college educated one would have to admit they failed and listen to us dumb azz steering wheel holders.
That would mean that the college educated one would have to admit they failed and listen to us dumb azz steering wheel holders
That’s never gone to happen.

I don't want work rules. I think every driver should be required to do everything involving trucking including fueling, spotting trailers, hooking sets, handling freight, and anything I missed. Why do I believe this? Because that's how an LTL survives in today's business environment. The sticking point right now that Yellow is dealing with is driver intransigence and resistance to it's proposed COO, which would involve asking some drivers stepping out of their comfort zones and work on a dock. Aww the poor Yellow drivers, "We don't want to work a dock because, because all we do is drive." "It's not my job" is a poison pill phrase that's been eating away at Yellow for a long time. Job protection is fine as long as it's limited to disciplinary due process. Job protection should never be expanded to mean the company can't use sub-service to keep commitments to customers. So there you go, that's why someone, me, a driver doesn't want work rules and job protection. As for benefits and pension, of course. There is nothing wrong with an employee wanting to improve their station in life.
Hell I’d rather do my own hookups. Least thataway I know its done right

As for the “job protection” thing, gotta admit there is a lotta politics in this biz and management aint above favoritism and their own little personal vendettas

I don't want work rules. I think every driver should be required to do everything involving trucking including fueling, spotting trailers, hooking sets, handling freight, and anything I missed. Why do I believe this? Because that's how an LTL survives in today's business environment. The sticking point right now that Yellow is dealing with is driver intransigence and resistance to it's proposed COO, which would involve asking some drivers stepping out of their comfort zones and work on a dock. Aww the poor Yellow drivers, "We don't want to work a dock because, because all we do is drive." "It's not my job" is a poison pill phrase that's been eating away at Yellow for a long time. Job protection is fine as long as it's limited to disciplinary due process. Job protection should never be expanded to mean the company can't use sub-service to keep commitments to customers. So there you go, that's why someone, me, a driver doesn't want work rules and job protection. As for benefits and pension, of course. There is nothing wrong with an employee wanting to improve their station in life.
I am a driver at yellow and my problem is I don't see them matching hourly rate for what we make driving so basically now I'll be doing less miles and making less on a hourly wage on the dock. Plus these trailers are a joke we simply won't have enough time to work the trailers when you open the doors and it looks like Fat Man and Little boy exploded in there. Far as hooking and fueling I'd actually prefer to do that because these yard boys/ city boys / shuttle boys like to keep the good equipment for themselves and hook the road guys junk. Chicago is real bad at this I'd be waiting on tractor swaps when I finally get going I'll pass least 1 to 5+ yellow boys broke down already within 60 miles of the terminal. I'd love to see what this company spends on roadside repairs I bet it's through the roof.

Miami is the only location with a contract. My barn is at an impasse for 2 yrs and is at status quo currently. We have representation but no contract.
Miami accepted a contract 2 yrs ago that we decided not to agree to.
I hope this clarifies it better for you.

Why did you guys turn down the contract?

Are OD driver forced to work the dock???? Stock at $324 at this posting. They seem to be doing very well.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know Estes, OD, and R&L don't or are not forced to work the dock. One Estes driver told me at some location they don't even have to hook there sets it is done by the jockeys. There was a time when these companies only hired drivers and had a line outside the door waiting to get in. Now drivers come in find out they got to work the dock and say no thanks and go somewhere else. Companies like OD that keep the driver's azzes in the seat of the truck and not on a forklift have put them were they are today.
This is just not Yellow it's every LTL out there. At what point do we as drivers say enough is enough. Next thing you know we will be doing the office work too. Stop putting your failures as an employer on the drivers. Ask yourself on a Friday night when the FAC is short staffed do you see SCM, DM, VPs, CSR, and Sales Reps riding forklifts???? Don't you hear we are a team??? Funny how that team goes out the window on Friday night.
The problem is this company CCX/Con-way/XPO never put any value in hiring dockworkers in the past were companies like OD ,AF/FedEx, and Estes did

I think Estes hub drivers work the dock, but I could be wrong. I have a friend that works at estes and he hooks his own sets, but he mostly pulls 53s.

I don't like working the dock, but it's not the worst thing ever. It's provided a paycheck, when there was nothing else available.

All that being said, I do believe an employees job should be as close to the job description as possible and none of that disclaimer "not Representative of all duties" stuff. If dock work is included in the description of the job applied for then it shouldn't be an issue.