Midway Tn. DC

Pin Oak

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone know the staffing level of drivers at Midway TN, and London KY? What I'm wanting to know, will they be needing any drivers anytime soon?

All I can tell you is apply and tell them you'll work anywhere, and if they call you they'll tell you who's hiring. Each General Merchandise DC trys to staff at about 140 to 150 drivers, give or take. London Ky is a grocery DC and Company drivers share the work with Schnieder if I'm not mistaken. Hopkinsville, KY is a GM DC. Theres allot of time at Midway though.

I bet he means that the KY drivers spend alot of time going into Midway, I used to run Clarksville AR and they have a grocery DC there, I would always look at the location of trucks coming in and out and it ran the gammet, Searcy, Bentonville, TX, Ottawa, ect, know what I mean?

Alot of time means there are guys there with 20+ years longevity and no there are no openings anywhere in the southeast and won't be for a long time as far as i can see. We are worried about losing our jobs since US EXPRESS,Schneider, Werner ,jb and whoever else wants to haul our freight can do it so much cheaper.

I have heard there are going to be a alot of drivers retiring soon out of Midway, and they will be needing drivers...Anyone else hear the same thing?