ABF | miles of bottom guys

Why are you hiding your name and location. You seem like someone who works with management behind drivers backs. For people asking questions about a company they are applying you seem to want take them down for it. Why do you hate other drivers?

Why are you hiding your name and location. You seem like someone who works with management behind drivers backs. For people asking questions about a company they are applying you seem to want take them down for it. Why do you hate other drivers?
Because I suggested you call someone who can answer your questions? You have issues! Persecuted much? Do you feel everyone hates you? Are you saying people hate you because you are a driver? Can you expand on that hate issue?

Gentlemen,......We're not going to do this to two threads, are we?

How about if we go back to the original intent of the thread? Which would be how many miles the bottom guys could expect.
I can see some non-Union guys thinking about transferring over to ABF..(.quitting..)....if they can see an opening to feed their families.

That's good,.........and should be encouraged by every Union guy out there,....as the logical choice in this industry........

Many non-Union guys,....through no fault of their own,.........have no clue how Union companies work,....other than the propaganda that gets pumped into their heads from the non-Union management types.......

When you see a potential employee here,.....he's smart enough to recognize the B.S. lines of "information" he's getting from his current employer,.....and he's looking for a different perspective.........

Let's give them an honest one.........

Gentlemen,......We're not going to do this to two threads, are we?

How about if we go back to the original intent of the thread? Which would be how many miles the bottom guys could expect.
I can see some non-Union guys thinking about transferring over to ABF..(.quitting..)....if they can see an opening to feed their families.

That's good,.........and should be encouraged by every Union guy out there,....as the logical choice in this industry........

Many non-Union guys,....through no fault of their own,.........have no clue how Union companies work,....other than the propaganda that gets pumped into their heads from the non-Union management types.......

When you see a potential employee here,.....he's smart enough to recognize the B.S. lines of "information" he's getting from his current employer,.....and he's looking for a different perspective.........

Let's give them an honest one.........

Very true, Yet we have so many of our union guys who do nothing but make negative coments and bad mouth
the union and their own company.
Some don't realize where the industry would be today without the unions.

Very true, Yet we have so many of our union guys who do nothing but make negative coments and bad mouth
the union and their own company.
Some don't realize where the industry would be today without the unions.

And,.....They don't teach that in schools.
In spite of the fact that.....most teachers are Union......I have a daughter-in-law that teaches High School students,..and she tells me that the School Boards set the curriculum,...and they uniformly bar any mention of organized Labor, and how it works.

No wonder that most young people entering the workforce,...have no clue of the legal implications of employment-at-will,...or "Right To Work",...or the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938.......or how and why the 8 hour day, 40 hour week, overtime,...or no work on weekends, came about.......All Union accomplishments.........

And,.....In the trucking industry, where we're exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act,.......and the biggest threat to your paycheck ....is the LIABILITY you incur on public streets.....
....it completely amazes me why guys would want to drive for an employer on public highways....WITHOUT a third party(Union..) with enough legal clout, to protect you from both your employer,....and a highly litigious public.

No wonder guys....and gals,....fall for those..." private contractor" schemes that companies use to reduce their Union workforce......

and the biggest threat to your paycheck ....is the LIABILITY you incur on public streets.....
....it completely amazes me why guys would want to drive for an employer on public highways....WITHOUT a third party(Union..) with enough legal clout, to protect you from both your employer,....and a highly litigious public.
Sounds reasonably but it does beg a question Brother, didn't I read somewhere that you where an owner operator for many years?

LOL the things we do when we are young, but forget when we get older.

Sounds reasonably but it does beg a question Brother, didn't I read somewhere that you where an owner operator for many years?

LOL the things we do when we are young, but forget when we get older.

Ahh,....Yes I was......and Life is a Learning Process. I found out all about liability with my own trucks,......and how far out I was dangling on the limb,.......
.......thinking I was doing fine.........

Ahh,....Yes I was......and Life is a Learning Process. I found out all about liability with my own trucks,......and how far out I was dangling on the limb,.......
.......thinking I was doing fine.........
But at the time it seemed like a good decision based on your circumstances. I try to keep that in mind that my (and your)circumstances are not the same as they where 30 years ago. And those who are making decisions about life now have different circumstances than us now or us years ago.

I don't think Tim wants to hear from someone who doesn't work for the company yet . I'm sure he is busy I think your messing with me and know he will be upset if I call.