Milwaukee, WI. Semi hauling Beer got jammed under a bridge.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
http://www.wisn.com/news/23495389/detail.html
23495375_320X240.jpg

Just a thought the sign at the entrance is very clearly marked, which reads 12'6",I was under the impression most truckers knew their dry van boxes are 13'6".
So than this Werner trucker must not have been able to do the math?

Ok I have to, I just can't stop...........................................How in the h*ll did he not see the yellow sign up there??????????????? And chances are there is at least one more sign before you get to the bridge. And when he saw the bridge did something not click in his mind that said "hey moran, that bridge looks a little low doesn't it"??????????

He or she was probably texting, on the quallcom, lighting a cigarette, and making a sandwich all at the same time, to much multitasking..pretty fancy right there.

The truck was carrying a load of Old Milwaukee beer, and the Company slogan clearly states: IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!!

It's a Physics in structural integrity thing and those Beings without the added benefit of MATHEMATICS cannot differentiate Heights and every Overpass is then of the same passable construct regardless of location along with the conveyance being reconstitutionable to conform to said structures.
Werner hires only the BEST DRIVERS, just ask them.
--
For Casper Girl: It's Moron unless of course the person is NAMED Moran.

The truck was carrying a load of Old Milwaukee beer, and the Company slogan clearly states: IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!!

It's a Physics in structural integrity thing and those Beings without the added benefit of MATHEMATICS cannot differentiate Heights and every Overpass is then of the same passable construct regardless of location along with the conveyance being reconstitutionable to conform to said structures.
Werner hires only the BEST DRIVERS, just ask them..

Yeah and everyone knows that Swift
drivers are the cream of the crop too. That's why their turnover rates are so low...;-)

Trucking in the US is becomng a joke..a bad joke.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

[quote author=slider link=topic=79968.msg828700#msg828700 date=1273534397]
This happens all the time at this bridge.
[/quote]
Like Cities/Towns in PA. and Joisey, the City must be receiving vast sums every time they condemn that struck bridge!!
Since it happens all the time, it'll just have more guests what with the incredibly smart and conscientious drivers coming out of those shockingly well versed and glaringly honest truck driving training schools, but eyem jest saying'......end of line

[quote author=Cerberus_Kelpie link=topic=79968.msg828725#msg828725 date=1273537256]
[/quote]
Like Cities/Towns in PA. and Joisey, the City must be receiving vast sums every time they condemn that struck bridge!!
Since it happens all the time, it'll just have more guests what with the incredibly smart and conscientious drivers coming out of those shockingly well versed and glaringly honest truck driving training schools, but eyem jest saying'......end of line
[/quote]

Your brother pro1 teaches them up there, are you telling me he doesn't teach them how to read too?

Who knows anymore what is actually taught in dwiving skools apart from backing into things and how to read and understand g.p.s.
There have to be some schools that refuse students because said students are glaringly braindead and cannot fathom the enormous ability required to fill in a application, much less sign their name, however......maybe not.....considering the newbies that are evidently well versed in how NOT to drive and the companies akin to werner that hire seemingly anyone with a pulse, like jb hunt used to do.

There may or not be some trainer comments to this post.

Pic says it all, but, I cannot help but think that most of you all where born driving a truck straight out of the womb, it's not the "schools"... the "schools" teach how to pass your CDL test, the companies that hire the foolios is where the problem stems and the lack of training that follows... besides schools cannot teach common sense nor common courtesy... you either have it... or you don't

I guess things like this never happened back in the day?

Shadowhauler,I finished my 45 year city driving career,the last 2 & 1/2 years as a safety trainer,for UPS Freight.
In the 10 years or so in the past,when the company was still Overnite.
I trained some dockworkers how to drive.

I told them all the same thing after they passed their CDL test,and received their permeant license.
I said there is only one thing you need to learn now that you have your CDL.

What would that one thing be?
Well they all needed to learn by experience how to drive.
Getting a CDL is just the first step,everything after that is hands on.

[quote author=Apostolic link=topic=79968.msg828180#msg828180 date=1273365405]
http://www.wisn.com/news/23495389/detail.html
23495375_320X240.jpg

Just a thought the sign at the entrance is very clearly marked, which reads 12'6",I was under the impression most truckers knew their dry van boxes are 13'6".
So than this Werner trucker must not have been able to do the math?
[/quote]

Werner only hires the best drivers.

Heck, it says so right on their rigs, so it must be true, just like every thing else in the trucking industry ! :clap:

[quote author=Shadowhauler link=topic=79968.msg831051#msg831051 date=1274233376]
Pic says it all, but, I cannot help but think that most of you all where born driving a truck straight out of the womb, it's not the "schools"... the "schools" teach how to pass your CDL test, the companies that hire the foolios is where the problem stems and the lack of training that follows... besides schools cannot teach common sense nor common courtesy... you either have it... or you don't

[/quote]

No, not at the rate I have seen it in the last 10 or 15 years. There have been lots more "accidents" like this, then back in the 1980's and before, IMO. Common sense says if you dont know the route, to take it easy and beware or such things. Same thing with deer, ect. when you get up in the mountains, you are gonna see animals, so its best to beware and pay attention to the road, but a cell-phone.

We have a small city out here in No. Calif. that has a marked "truck route" with a 12.6 ft. railroad under-crossing, that has caught more then a few drivers unaware.

I was always under the impression that "truck route" meant your rig would clear 13.6, but obviously no one told that to the street depts so it depends on where you are located I suppose.

Going slow, looking ahead and common sense should prevail in these case, not some GPS unit or cell phone.

[quote author=Cerberus_Kelpie link=topic=79968.msg829424#msg829424 date=1273758919]
Who knows anymore what is actually taught in dwiving skools apart from backing into things and how to read and understand g.p.s.
There have to be some schools that refuse students because said students are glaringly braindead and cannot fathom the enormous ability required to fill in a application, much less sign their name, however......maybe not.....considering the newbies that are evidently well versed in how NOT to drive and the companies akin to werner that hire seemingly anyone with a pulse, like jb hunt used to do.

There may or not be some trainer comments to this post.
[/quote]

From what I have seen and heard, if you have a clean 5 to 10 year record, even just driving a car, these companies will hire you on board, at a cheap rate, of course. :thumbsup:

They don't give "competency tests", much less any real skills tests, I guess. :poke:

Never seen anything like it and cant wait to get out of this business. Talk about going to the dogs! :chairshot:

[quote author=grocery thrower link=topic=79968.msg828758#msg828758 date=1273542071]
[quote author=Cerberus_Kelpie link=topic=79968.msg828725#msg828725 date=1273537256]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Your brother pro1 teaches them up there, are you telling me he doesn't teach them how to read too?
[/quote]

If they cant read English they don't need to be driving a rig, IMO. Its not pro1drivers fault it these drivers cant read properly.

[quote author=ranger309 link=topic=79968.msg831096#msg831096 date=1274244044]
[quote author=Shadowhauler link=topic=79968.msg831051#msg831051 date=1274233376]

[/quote]

No, not at the rate I have seen it in the last 10 or 15 years. There have been lots more "accidents" like this, then back in the 1980's and before, IMO. Common sense says if you dont know the route, to take it easy and beware or such things. Same thing with deer, ect. when you get up in the mountains, you are gonna see animals, so its best to beware and pay attention to the road, but a cell-phone.

We have a small city out here in No. Calif. that has a marked "truck route" with a 12.6 ft. railroad under-crossing, that has caught more then a few drivers unaware.

I was always under the impression that "truck route" meant your rig would clear 13.6, but obviously no one told that to the street depts so it depends on where you are located I suppose.

Going slow, looking ahead and common sense should prevail in these case, not some GPS unit or cell phone.
[/quote]

Nah Ranger,
It seemed to me that Truck Routes were laid out to steer you off the nice wide main drag coming in, down through the railroad yards, across the "undesirables" residential area, and out up the big hill in front of the regional hospital (the one with the Quiet Signs). Took real genius to map these out in small towns.

[quote author=Apostolic link=topic=79968.msg831084#msg831084 date=1274238415]
Shadowhauler,I finished my 45 year city driving career,the last 2 & 1/2 years as a safety trainer,for UPS Freight.
In the 10 years or so in the past,when the company was still Overnite.
I trained some dockworkers how to drive.

I told them all the same thing after they passed their CDL test,and received their permeant license.
I said there is only one thing you need to learn now that you have your CDL.

What would that one thing be?
Well they all needed to learn by experience how to drive.
Getting a CDL is just the first step,everything after that is hands on.
[/quote]

not saying anything to you about your experience , it's great that someone with your experience is taking the time to train folks, my trainer.... no more than 6 mo's experience...that is the blind leading the blind and I do believe experience is the best teacher, I also believe if folks took the time to explain things to other "new drivers", instead of rediculing, the roads would be a safer place, you were all there once, regardless of your experience, and alot of folks tend to forget that!

urban sprawl and "progress" I'm sure has changed a few things over the years, and it is not only the newbie drivers that are making mistakes out there, besides...how do we know Werner wasn't moving the bridge by request anyway?