Milwuakee,WI.I-94/I-43 Ex-way was closed 6 hrs due to Semi hauling grain rollover

I want to see that scale ticket that says the truck was hauling 78,000 lbs. of grain in a pneumatic tank like the news report states??????

That would make GW in Wisconsin around 102,000 lbs?????? On 5 axles!!!!!

That is a flat practically 90 degree bend in the interstate. GUARANTEED he was going 65-75 thru the turn. The skid marks show he lost well before he rolled it.

That would make GW in Wisconsin around 102,000 lbs?????? On 5 axles!!!!!

B R G,...They must have meant 78,000 lbs. gross. You know these Reporters don't know what they're talking about. They get it from the Law Enforcement at the scene.
:TR10driving03:

ah yes the good old plainfield curve, another one close to home. they just spent a couple years making that curve a little easier, its a 50 mph zone there. before they re-did the curve there was a truck dumped over or hung up on the wall at least once a week

B R G,...They must have meant 78,000 lbs. gross. You know these Reporters don't know what they're talking about. They get it from the Law Enforcement at the scene.
:TR10driving03:

You and I know that. But when the general public reads stories like these, they get the idea that all trucks are running around overloaded???? Great for the industry image!!!

In New York ,our DOT got the bright idea to sell all of the dirt,rock,etc earth product haulers a special (R) permit.
Which meant those companies dealing with those materials could haul unlimited weight,whatever their equipment could safely handel.
So those companies jumped at the offer,however the DOT had second thoughts after issuing the permits, that most bridges would not hold unlimited weight.
So they turned to posting our bridges with signage that read 'No R Permits.
The company's that had bought the permits never paid to renew them because of the bridge restrictions.
So I have seen the (R) permit signage disappearing these last few years.

As I'm not sure if there is anymore (R) permits being issued anymore?