XPO | mispulls

Zipper

TB Lurker
Credits
Can someone tell me if the company has the right to only pay for half the mileage,if you mispull one wrong trailer on a linehaul trip?

We are not union, so, ultimately I suppose they have the "right" to do whatever they want. I've not personally heard of this being done before, usually they just give you an L.O.I., but it would not surprise me, was the wrong pull only one trailer? Was the other trailer a valid pull or did you just have the one? If you pulled one bad and one good, I don't see how they can not pay you for the whole trip.:hide:

We are not union, so, ultimately I suppose they have the "right" to do whatever they want. I've not personally heard of this being done before, usually they just give you an L.O.I., but it would not surprise me, was the wrong pull only one trailer? Was the other trailer a valid pull or did you just have the one? If you pulled one bad and one good, I don't see how they can not pay you for the whole trip.:hide:

l.o.i was issued ,and only one trailer was a mispulled

This may be dumb, but, did you fill out your 265 right? More times then I would like to admit, when I only got paid for one leg of a trip, it was because I forgot to put the sic code into the box on one leg or the other. I had everything filled out right, but didn't put the sic code into the little box just right, so didn't get paid for both legs. If so, then I would beat up the Personnel sup, if your term has one, not paying you for work you performed is not something they usually do, and may in fact be illegal depending on your location. However, having said all that, it would not surprise me at all.:nono:

Can someone tell me if the company has the right to only pay for half the mileage,if you mispull one wrong trailer on a linehaul trip?

CCX changed this policy in 2006. Not sure of the legality of it, but as with everything else, it must be challenged in a court prior to them making a change. Dont know about the other two former companies, but yes, CCX did implement this in 2006.

well i pulled a wrong trailer the last 4 numbers were the same but different order it was next to the load thai i needed lucky it was an mty opps so now i triple check and look at the seal

yes i messed up
i got a l o i
i still got paid in full for the trip

Yes, they do it. Can they do it? Not sure, but another option is to fire you. I'll take the little slap in my wallet to remind to pay closer attention next time.

labor board in texas says they cannot do that. they give loi's and yell a little bit down here.

Not being able to independently either verify or disprove your info, I will give you my own personal (like this means more then two ounces of rat urine to somebody I am sure) benefit of the doubt and believe without my own personal knowledge about that.

It would make sense to be illegal, as even though you did pull the wrong trailer back to where you were going, you did accomplish a couple of things...you brought their equipment back, you possibly brought one correct trailer back, and the most important item is...you were still covered under their insurance and workmens comp in the event of an accident during your trip back...

Penalizing someone with refusal to pay, or however you want to look at it would seem to be illegal, and seemingly a breach of contract per se....when the cake maker puts the wrong color in the second layer of frosting, does he/she not get paid for the entire time it took to make the cake? Of course they do. There may be a personnel issue with some discipline involved, and termination if repeat of the problem happens in the future, but that is to be expected.

You know thinking about it all...I dont think I have ever heard of anyone getting pay withheld because of this...

Has anyone?

you pull the wrong trailer at Fedex freight and you get one day off, you do it again within a yr and you are terminated

you pull the wrong trailer at Fedex freight and you get one day off, you do it again within a yr and you are terminated

That makes more sense...as it would be a discplinary problem versus a borderline involuntary servitude case...of course this is taking into account that the entire miss pull was 100% due to driver error...

I'll tell you what; Why don't one of you linehaul guys pull the wrong trailer Monday night and see what happens and report back to us :) Somebody pull 1 wrong pup and somebody else pull 2 wrong trailers.

That makes more sense...as it would be a discplinary problem versus a borderline involuntary servitude case...of course this is taking into account that the entire miss pull was 100% due to driver error...

you get a trip sheet wrapped around your bills when you get them they have the tractor the lead the dolly and the rear listed on them.

if you go out the gate with either wrong that counts as a wrong pull including the dolly and the tractor

even if the dispatcher makes the mistake, you better pull whats on the sheet out the gate here

How is that possible? I thought other companies were perfect and never did anything that could possibly upset their drivers like Con-way does. I'm sure they just wiggle their finger at you and frown; they would never "fire" anyone, would they?

I'll tell you what; Why don't one of you linehaul guys pull the wrong trailer Monday night and see what happens and report back to us :) Somebody pull 1 wrong pup and somebody else pull 2 wrong trailers.
Pull one wrong you lose 1/4 of you mileage pay
Pull two wrong you lose 1/2 of you mileage pay for that trip

you get a trip sheet wrapped around your bills when you get them they have the tractor the lead the dolly and the rear listed on them.

if you go out the gate with either wrong that counts as a wrong pull including the dolly and the tractor

even if the dispatcher makes the mistake, you better pull whats on the sheet out the gate here

that is a nice practice...unfortunately not a company wide practice...i can list several SIC's including FAC's which do not do such a thing...where we are, the only numbers you get are the ones you write on your paysheat directly from the manifest in which you fill out, add up, check everything over and then give it to the FOS for t-con...many people do not even check to ensure the trailer number on the manifest is in fact the correct trailer number...i just told a newer female DSR the other night about going by trailer numbers versus hooking by door numbers...

Personally I like it your way better

You know the bottom line is simple...i would venture a guess to be about 98.9% of miss pulls is the DSR's own negligence...so it would be a better way to just ensure you do your job correctly, double check your numbers (all 7 of them), develope a routine for yourself to follow (we are creatures of habit after all) and follow your routine without deviation ever...then you will never have to worry about miss pulls and other such things. I did a miss pull in 1999. I am still in disbelief to this day..i swore it would never happen again and it hasnt...i have even on several incidences pulled off the highway and triple checked the numbers as there was a doubt in my mind whether i double checked them or not...all to simply avoid the embarrassing situation of facing my peers as they laugh in my face...