XPO | mispulls

Here my own rule .I never hook by door number or trailer number that anybody gives me. I wait for the bill pack ,match trailer number(all seven) and seal number . If one doesnt match dont leave the yard. I too have mispulled before but not since checking trailer and seal numbers against manifest. It just adds another layer of CYA.

Here my own rule .I never hook by door number or trailer number that anybody gives me. I wait for the bill pack ,match trailer number(all seven) and seal number . If one doesnt match dont leave the yard.

There ya go, thats the best way...i do admit I skip the seal number though...i am content with trailer numbers.

There ya go, thats the best way...i do admit I skip the seal number though...i am content with trailer numbers.

You know, come to think of it..i have never been formally instructed to check the seal numbers...maybe if i ever am back in a truck with conway and am formally instructed to do so I will...but until then..what seal is my motto...

Seals are to be checked at the XCW FAC. Driver is responsible for writing the numbers on the new "hook sheet".

maybe the new hook sheat hasnt filtered its way out this way yet...would be a good idea to have...

I thought they started while it was Marty's regime.

They are redundant and a pain in the butt. I do not know if they have reduced miss-pulls. However, I am pretty sure if you ask them they will say it has.

BUT, if it has, then LDA would be utilizing this technology.

Not being able to independently either verify or disprove your info, I will give you my own personal (like this means more then two ounces of rat urine to somebody I am sure) benefit of the doubt and believe without my own personal knowledge about that.

It would make sense to be illegal, as even though you did pull the wrong trailer back to where you were going, you did accomplish a couple of things...you brought their equipment back, you possibly brought one correct trailer back, and the most important item is...you were still covered under their insurance and workmens comp in the event of an accident during your trip back...

Penalizing someone with refusal to pay, or however you want to look at it would seem to be illegal, and seemingly a breach of contract per se....when the cake maker puts the wrong color in the second layer of frosting, does he/she not get paid for the entire time it took to make the cake? Of course they do. There may be a personnel issue with some discipline involved, and termination if repeat of the problem happens in the future, but that is to be expected.

You know thinking about it all...I dont think I have ever heard of anyone getting pay withheld because of this...

Has anyone?

They cannot take away pay already earned. That is a law. There was a case at another trucking company where a guy mispulled ... they took away his days pay .. suspended him for 3 days. He took them to court and won his days pay back plus damages.

Seals are to be checked at the XCW FAC. Driver is responsible for writing the numbers on the new "hook sheet".

those sheets have been around for a while just not used by all supervisors.and for those who do utilize them the weights and seal numbrs of each trailer is not strictly enforced nor that big of a deal,more so just to keep track of whhat driver pulled what trailer's should the supervisor lose track of his/her loads

I thought they started while it was Marty's regime.

They are redundant and a pain in the butt. I do not know if they have reduced miss-pulls. However, I am pretty sure if you ask them they will say it has.

BUT, if it has, then LDA would be utilizing this technology.
I don't think there is a "hook sheet" here.

I'll tell you what; Why don't one of you linehaul guys pull the wrong trailer Monday night and see what happens and report back to us :) Somebody pull 1 wrong pup and somebody else pull 2 wrong trailers.
Bankrupt, I figured you and TWB would volunteer for this experiment.

Bankrupt, I figured you and TWB would volunteer for this experiment.

No, I don't think so. Everyone would make fun of me more than they do now....BUT driving to the wrong terminal might be interesting!

It is a very important to check those seal numbers. If the seal number doesn't match when they break out the freight and something comes up short, they can go back to the driver and look at him as a suspect in the missing freight. CYA everyone!!

No, I don't think so. Everyone would make fun of me more than they do now....BUT driving to the wrong terminal might be interesting!

I've almost done that once!
was when i was on pm flex. called and told i was going to terminal A. went in, got my hooks, hooked it all up and dispatched for terminal A and hit the road. halfway there the dispatcher called my cellphone up and was like 'where are you?' that's when I actually looked at the bills and realized i was supposed to be going to an entirly different terminal....
*oops?*

:hide::hide::hide:

CCX changed this policy in 2006. Not sure of the legality of it, but as with everything else, it must be challenged in a court prior to them making a change. Dont know about the other two former companies, but yes, CCX did implement this in 2006.
i know of a couple guys this happened to. they mispulled a trailer, the company docked them pay for that leg of the trip. i think it only took them two weeks to get their money back though. you know, stand around here..... stand around there. maybe even misload some freight on purpose. just what ive heard. its a great armchair quarterback policy. it works well.

I'll tell you what; Why don't one of you linehaul guys pull the wrong trailer Monday night and see what happens and report back to us :) Somebody pull 1 wrong pup and somebody else pull 2 wrong trailers.
that made me laugh out loud. thanks beerfd.