ODFL | Mispulls

trashman79

We The People...
Credits
I overheard a driver being told that if they mispull, that they wouldnt get paid for that run. i havent mispulled at OD so im not sure. Is this true?

I overheard a driver being told that if they mispull, that they wouldnt get paid for that run. i havent mispulled at OD so im not sure. Is this true?

It should be pretty hard to do with the dispatch system. It would say dispatch failed if you have the wrong equipment. I don't know though I've never done it. I check trailer numbers and seal numbers like a thousand times before I take off

It should be pretty hard to do with the dispatch system. It would say dispatch failed if you have the wrong equipment. I don't know though I've never done it. I check trailer numbers and seal numbers like a thousand times before I take off
Hows about if ya got right trailer numbers but wrong freight on em?

A thousand times?.. no wonder you're always late.
I never checked seal numbers, seldom checked trailer numbers, checked my tractor number sometimes, and hoped switcher and dispatcher did their job.

Last I heard, do get paid ...even though they still threaten to not, and of course get written up. Even if you get out gate and turn around with a wrong trailer, you get written up for mispull. My understanding is there are laws to backup getting paid. Even if you screwed up, you were performing work and "should" be paid. However, probably another of the hundreds of things handled differently by every different manager in the company.

The best thing to do has been mentioned. Check trailers and seals against the paperwork and hook card. I’ve received paperwork and while hooking was changed trailers. Wrong freight on a trailer is the docks problem. You didn’t load it.

Hows about if ya got right trailer numbers but wrong freight on em?
Then that's not on the driver. Since we don't check freight anyways. If you have the right trailers and seal numbers you're all good. I'm referring to somebody pulling the wrong trailer numbers

I did A couple weeks ago it was an honest mistake and I have quite a bit of seniority out of my terminal so the Terminal manager swept it under the rug and told me not to do it again and I got paid and no write up this time I guess Seniority has its Advantages! ☺️
Hi.. My name is Ump and I've been mispull free for almost 2 years... I called Central when I realized what I had done. They treated me fair, told me I'd get a writeup, which I deserved. Mine was also an honest mistake and for whatever reason the trailer didn't show as a mispull. I was paid for my run and double check my paperwork with my seal number now.. I just take it day by day now. The hardest part is admitting you have a problem and you need help.