ODFL | Mispulls

Dont worry about line haul any more Billy..We found out this week that we actually work for PDX TM, and that JG is actually PDX line haul manager, not regional. He and dispatchers work directly for the PDX TM so now you know the rest of the story. Accordingly to one PDX line driver i heard the other night when questioned by another line driver about doing a **** pore post trip, he told the questioning driver it didnt matter what they do because the TM, J.L. wont fire any driver because there is a driver shortage so we can have miss pulls, not use locks, speed in the yard, hook off duty, not do pre or post trips, not check HAZ paperwork and there is no repercussion, we just do what we want. GREAT atmospherephere he has encouraged, and J.G wont do anything until he checks with the TM. All managers and dispatchers are accountable to the TM so looks like all decision will benefit PDX from now on.. Pretty sad way to run an operation..and people wonder why they are Terminal of the year...

Dont worry about line haul any more Billy..We found out this week that we actually work for PDX TM, and that JG is actually PDX line haul manager, not regional. He and dispatchers work directly for the PDX TM so now you know the rest of the story. Accordingly to one PDX line driver i heard the other night when questioned by another line driver about doing a **** pore post trip, he told the questioning driver it didnt matter what they do because the TM, J.L. wont fire any driver because there is a driver shortage so we can have miss pulls, not use locks, speed in the yard, hook off duty, not do pre or post trips, not check HAZ paperwork and there is no repercussion, we just do what we want. GREAT atmospherephere he has encouraged, and J.G wont do anything until he checks with the TM. All managers and dispatchers are accountable to the TM so looks like all decision will benefit PDX from now on.. Pretty sad way to run an operation..and people wonder why they are Terminal of the year...

thats crazy cuz i got talked to by my TM way out here becaus i wasnt scaling my trailers. was told that word came from pdx that it is required now

That is fine and all but please tell your brothers and sisters to keep their trucks on all wheels

The truth comes out. Thank you, but you forgot a few things. Wild board, can request weekends off, basically work when they feel like it. But you are so right.

lol I can’t tell you the last time I put a lock on a trailer. If they can snag it going 65 mph down the road and yank the door open they deserve every stitch of freight on that trailer!

I heard the padlocks were more or less about doors opening and freight/jacks hitting the road? There is no doubt if someone wanted fright off a trailer they could. Padlock or not. I don't check seal numbers, but I tripple check my trailer numbers. Paranoid about grabbing the wrong one. I check them when I find them, spot the dolly, and hook up the whole set. Hopefully I'll never run into an issue. Pretty embarrassing to say you can't correctly read 6 numbers. I also don't understand people not writing up equipment, specifically air leaks, even more specific if an hourly employee doesn't.

I heard the padlocks were more or less about doors opening and freight/jacks hitting the road? There is no doubt if someone wanted fright off a trailer they could. Padlock or not. I don't check seal numbers, but I tripple check my trailer numbers. Paranoid about grabbing the wrong one. I check them when I find them, spot the dolly, and hook up the whole set. Hopefully I'll never run into an issue. Pretty embarrassing to say you can't correctly read 6 numbers. I also don't understand people not writing up equipment, specifically air leaks, even more specific if an hourly employee doesn't.

Funny is we have line driver who snitch on others for no padlock but when she drove by hers just loosely on,,