Yellow | miss my teamster job

I have been laid off from Holland since January 1 2009 I do not expect to ever work again for Holland or a Teamster job again......... There are several teamsters drivers out of work in my town... competition is tough and not many jobs out there. I miss my teamster job too... but I have to feed the family and will do what ever it takes to do so.

I think you mean that you miss what a Teamster job USED to be. I miss the good ole' Roadway Express that USED to be. I'm sure that yellow guys miss there ole' company. I'm sure Holland guys miss there ole' company. Same goes for New Penn, Preston, CF, etc... Blah, Blah, Blah...
I'm not trying to disrespect your situation, but, Dammit man!!, move on, get over it. Find the best job that you can for now and IF yRc calls you back, GREAT, or NOT so great because you have found something better.
Some of US sound like a damn school boy that lost his freakin' girlfriend!! There's more out there, GO GET IT!!
IF you want to continue to drive, then look at some of the private fleets that move there own products or service there own stores or customers. These would include companies like Batesville Casket, Wal-Mart (OMG will I catch it for that one), CVS, Autozone, NAPA, cryogenics companies, Love's, etc...
What I am saying is that there IS life after yRc, you just have to find it, it's NOT gonna come knocking on your door just because you are a Teamster. Good Luck to you and ALL of US!!

[quote author=JPS link=topic=80273.msg830953#msg830953 date=1274218284]
Their are a lot of EX- Teamster drivers in those Wal Mart trucks out West.
[/quote]

Good for them! It's not a bad job, AND they still have some respect from the motoring public. That is one of the worst things about yRc. WE used to be well respected on the nation's highways, now we're just in the way..

well guys i have moved on work for a company called trymac still cant compare to the big R. no job security drivers snitching on drivers still made more money at YRC even with 15 percent pay cut.i would like to add this is a hell of a web site

Good luck blue, and don't stop looking for something better! No matter what some guys will say, trucking companies DO exsist that pay as good as Teamster lines, treat you with respect, and is a much more satisfying job than yRc. :thumbsup:

[quote author=blue link=topic=80273.msg830978#msg830978 date=1274223385]
well guys i have moved on work for a company called trymac still cant compare to the big R. no job security drivers snitching on drivers still made more money at YRC even with 15 percent pay cut.i would like to add this is a hell of a web site
[/quote]Worry about the financial security first, before the job security

Their are a lot of� EX- Teamster drivers in those Wal Mart trucks out West.

Good for them!� It's not a bad job, AND they still have some respect from the motoring public.� That is one of the worst things about yRc.� WE used to be well respected on the nation's highways, now we're just in the way..

Long live Roadway Express! The best LTL outfit there ever was.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

[quote author=ranger309 link=topic=80273.msg831105#msg831105 date=1274249443]

Good for them!� It's not a bad job, AND they still have some respect from the motoring public.� That is one of the worst things about yRc.� WE used to be well respected on the nation's highways, now we're just in the way..

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
[/quote] :chairshot: :bs: :buttkisser: :fart: ::shit:: :drivin: :biglaugh:

[quote author=Unknown Trucker link=topic=80273.msg830918#msg830918 date=1274208717]
The likelyhood of that happening is slim 2 none.
[/quote]

in bad times its easy to say that since it seems the world is ending, lets just see how everything plays out. You really just never know.

Hey blue, find another job! I was laid off Dec. 4, 09 and much to my surprise I received a letter of recall on April 12, 10. Since then I have worked 1 full week and I am laid off every Tuesday.
Look at the stock price 42 cents as of 12:15pm Wed. May 19, 10. It does not look good!

[quote author=ranger309 link=topic=80273.msg831105#msg831105 date=1274249443]

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatal Alot of X Teamsters at Conway also! :fart:
[/quote]

[quote author=blue link=topic=80273.msg831067#msg831067 date=1274236021]
thanks for the positive feed back god bless you guys
[/quote] Layed off since 2009, took that long to find something that pays good! still on probation,will never go back if I don't have too! YRC recalled some guys and they left good paying jobs. Now they work three or four days a week! STUPID IS WHAT STUPID DOES!

[quote author=BIGRNTN link=topic=80273.msg830947#msg830947 date=1274217179]
I think you mean that you miss what a Teamster job USED to be. I miss the good ole' Roadway Express that USED to be. I'm sure that yellow guys miss there ole' company. I'm sure Holland guys miss there ole' company. Same goes for New Penn, Preston, CF, etc... Blah, Blah, Blah...
I'm not trying to disrespect your situation, but, Dammit man!!, move on, get over it. Find the best job that you can for now and IF yRc calls you back, GREAT, or NOT so great because you have found something better.
Some of US sound like a damn school boy that lost his freakin' girlfriend!! There's more out there, GO GET IT!!
IF you want to continue to drive, then look at some of the private fleets that move there own products or service there own stores or customers. These would include companies like Batesville Casket, Wal-Mart (OMG will I catch it for that one), CVS, Autozone, NAPA, cryogenics companies, Love's, etc...
What I am saying is that there IS life after yRc, you just have to find it, it's NOT gonna come knocking on your door just because you are a Teamster. Good Luck to you and ALL of US!!
[/quote] Good post. I like the way you showed respect to all the former companies.