Missouri-Trucker falls asleep, drives off Interstate

SevenOfNine

TB Lurker
Credits
The rescue crew that freed a husband-and-wife truck driving team from their wrecked rig this morning found them nearly naked.

But it isn’t what you’re thinking.

The couple, with the wife driving, were headed north on Interstate 255 near Caseyville at 12:57 a.m. when their tractor-trailer went into the median and hit a culvert.

Both occupants were trapped under the dashboard, apparently naked.

But Lalita Sudyvonroediger, 51, said in an interview from her hospital bed that she had been wearing a large T-shirt, but nothing else.

"I tried to be comfortable," she explained. "I was traveling where nobody could see me from the outside."

She added: "I wasn’t planning on stopping."

Her husband, Barry N. Weinberger, 52, was indeed naked, and asleep in a rear bunk at the time of the accident.
story link

It seems to me that as a professional driver this woman would have realized that drivng a truck half naked was not the brightest idea ever had.

Just because she said she had no plans to stop doesn't mean events like having to go through a chicken coop or perhaps the police stopping her wouldn't have happened.

I am glad she and her husband were not hurt bad but I hope the embarressment factor will stay with her for a long,long time.