Yellow | Mitch Mcconnell Blocks Pension Vote

My point is, we really don't have a lot of say of where our tax dollars go.

Isn't that the truth!

A Trump Tax Break To Help The Poor Went To a Rich GOP Donor’s Superyacht Marina

“That’s the real scary part of this program, that you give such incredible power to politicians to designate zones,” said Nathan Jensen, a professor at the University of Texas at Austin who studies economic development. “The fact that this process was not transparent in almost any state is shocking.”

While the law gave the Treasury the power to vet the selections of each governor, the agency appears to have simply rubber-stamped the picks, said Brett Theodos, a senior fellow at the Urban Institute who studies opportunity zones.

“Treasury appeared to elect for the lowest common denominator screening, to just make sure tracts were technically eligible,” Theodos said. “We have yet to hear that Treasury ever denied a nominated zone because it didn’t fit within the spirit of the objective of the program.”

Drac is feeling a bit woozy, just recently emerged from his sar-cough-a-gus. Excessive cranial blood pooling.
The only thing that gives me a headache is vegans. Jeez, it's like being hungry and drinking water. When I want steak, I want steak.

No and hell no. I didn't put my money into a 401-k, for all these years, and now have part of it going to pay taxes, to support a group, who coulda and shoulda have been paying attention to their own pension fund and wasting their time writing letters. CSPF, it's actives, and its retiree's made their bed and now they want a sleepover at everybody else's house. The answer to that is No, NO, and HELL NO.
Wish you had been there 30 yrs ago to advise me when they offered 30 and out, should I have said "NO?"
I drew my first check in 1990, if I never draw another, I have no gripe or complaint.
Many have not been so fortunate, but please take my name off your (worry list), I think I can survive these few years I have remaining.
Lets talk about donuts, you reach for that last Krispy Kreme, you may get a fork in back of your hand!

No and hell no. I didn't put my money into a 401-k, for all these years, and now have part of it going to pay taxes, to support a group, who coulda and shoulda have been paying attention to their own pension fund and wasting their time writing letters. CSPF, it's actives, and its retiree's made their bed and now they want a sleepover at everybody else's house. The answer to that is No, NO, and HELL NO.
This is the problem with all multi employer plans. Watching and writing letters is all that can be done. With government oversight, (a big problem right there) and laws structured the way they are, there isn't a lot anyone can do. Every member of CSPF knew what was coming. About that sleepover, I'll bring snacks and a twister mat.

the banks paid 100% back in less than 2 years. Will the Teamsters Union pay back in less than 2 years? Hoping people die is not a strategy.
You seem to trust Bernie, or perhaps you admire that he got away with stealing the $5 million from the college....
#3 Democrats 'deregulated the economy' ask Jimmy Carter why he did it in 1980. Then vote for more Democrats..
#4 the union lobbied hard for MEPPA, they got it. By the way I got a tax cut, if billionaires did as well, fine. I am not jealous like you.
Obama was going to 'make them pay their fair share' what happened to his Hope & Change?? Oops, he is well on his way to being a billionaire, that's what happened...….
Aren’t you due over on the XPO board with your butt-buddy Serene Gene, union-buster? They really...miss you over there. By the way...President ‘Crater’ was a Southern Democrat...aka: anti-union. So your argument holds no water on that issue. It might hold plenty of ****, though.

Last edited:
Aren’t you due over on the XPO board with your butt-buddy Serene Gene, union-buster? They really...miss you over there. By the way...President ‘Crater’ was a Southern Democrat...aka: anti-union. So your argument holds no water on that issue. It might hold plenty of ****, though.

Unfortunate that you can't win an debate on facts. You whine like a child and insult...
Heck you were dumb enough to trust the folks 'managing' your retirement. That's your fault..
My 401k is up 26% in 2019 alone...… Lifetime about 9% annually....
I am retired without a worry....
What will happen to those poor folks who have worked 30 years or so and possibly face 1/3 of their expected pensions??
All because they, like you, trusted those fools to manage their retirement....
PS Carter is a screaming liberal, 'southern democrats are just /••\ founders' democrats all the same...
You keep on trusting those union folks, it's worked out great for you thus far.... You sure are a smart one.....

Unfortunate that you can't win an debate on facts. You whine like a child and insult...
Heck you were dumb enough to trust the folks 'managing' your retirement. That's your fault..
What will happen to those poor folks who have worked 30 years or so and possibly face 1/3 of their expected pensions??
PS Carter is a screaming liberal, 'southern democrats are just /••\ founders' democrats all the same...
You keep on trusting those union folks, it's worked out great for you thus far.... You sure are a smart one.....
P.S tell him about the full pension you receive from APA....Hypocrite....

P.S tell him about the full pension you receive from APA....Hypocrite....
Do you mean the pension he lied about and posted that he had to hire a lawyer and sue for? But it wasn't APA, it was the mobbed up under the hat New England Motor Freight..............He was called out on that lie years ago by a pension trustee who posted here at the time....................Just what does his 401 have to do with with McConnell not moving the bill? It is my opinion that he is a troll who not only hates unions but he also hates democrats.

Sorry for the bad news but the Senate just took up the pension bill 3 days ago . Talking about raising ppg to 80 credit.

”Dumb enough to trust the folks ‘managing’ your retirement.”
Now who’s hurling the insults? Let me throw one more...apparently you either can’t or didn’t read my post correctly. My retirement fund is doing just fine, thank you. I’m not gonna continue to argue with you on the retirement fund, or even the union issue. There’s nothing good there. And you pose a good question: What WILL happen to those who face uncertainty with their pensions? Well, wise-ass...why don’t you open yourself a nice little financial services business being that you’re the know-it-all here. I think everybody knows what’s what with you. It’s a free country, puff. I wish you well in retirement and on the ignore list.