Yellow | Mitch Mcconnell Blocks Pension Vote

”Dumb enough to trust the folks ‘managing’ your retirement.”
Now who’s hurling the insults? Let me throw one more...apparently you either can’t or didn’t read my post correctly. My retirement fund is doing just fine, thank you. I’m not gonna continue to argue with you on the retirement fund, or even the union issue. There’s nothing good there. And you pose a good question: What WILL happen to those who face uncertainty with their pensions? Well, wise-ass...why don’t you open yourself a nice little financial services business being that you’re the know-it-all here. I think everybody knows what’s what with you. It’s a free country, puff. I wish you well in retirement and on the ignore list.

I wouldn't think of wasting an ignore on Powderpuff, just think about all the knowledge you'll be missing.

What does being union or nonunion have to do with taxpayers bailing out my pension????
Nothing!!!!! But I feel Trucker 206's frustration with Puff Driver. For the past 14-15 years he has been on TBs spreading lies and attacking unions especially the Teamsters. More often than not he goes off topic just to attack the unions....................

When business people get into a jam the taxpayers bail them out , when workin stiffs get into a jam business people bail them out with mid or high interest loans

"Business people" not government (taxpayers) bailed out YRC and YRC is paying a high interest rate for that. Just saying.

On here, we are pretty similar. We mostly meet people that know our situation and think similarly.

Our CSPF is 400,000 people. Overall, there are probably 3-4 million of us in failing pensions in the USA, in a nation of 330 million. We are 1%- asking 99% to bail us out. When I tell the average man in the street I haven't retired because my Teamsters Pension is broke- they look at me like I'm from another planet.

There are 110,000 US taxpayers carrying every desire of people around the world. They are tired of demands for more bailouts. We need to humbly present our situation, and accept posters who disagree, because they have to pay for us. If we present a responsible plan, it hopefully passes. If we Demand, it won't.... it's just the way it is...

Nothing!!!!! But I feel Trucker 206's frustration with Puff Driver. For the past 14-15 years he has been on TBs spreading lies and attacking unions especially the Teamsters. More often than not he goes off topic just to attack the unions....................
I get that. Just like some come to other forums and turn every thread into union vs non. After all- look at the Title of this thread. It shouldn't be a Repub-Dem Debate. It should be if it's a viable, responsible use of Government thread.

Some may agree or disagree on whether it's the governments fault for the unintended consequences of congressional legislation regarding multi employer pension funds. Before the bubble burst in 2008 my fund was at approx 90% funded. Government regulations made it impractical to have it fully or over funded. The fund trustees followed the government regulations to the letter. So we didn't have anything put away for the down years. Now we find ourselves in critical and declining status.

Congress set the PBGC contribution rates for both SEPF and MEPF. Congress deemed that the MEPFs were less likely to fail than the SEPFs so our rates and returns are much lower. Now the PBGC is in danger of failing. Congress played a big part in the pension problem and they appear to be trying to find a fix. But partisan politics will stall any meaningful resolution to the problem.

Some may agree or disagree on whether it's the governments fault for the unintended consequences of congressional legislation regarding multi employer pension funds. Before the bubble burst in 2008 my fund was at approx 90% funded. Government regulations made it impractical to have it fully or over funded. The fund trustees followed the government regulations to the letter. So we didn't have anything put away for the down years. Now we find ourselves in critical and declining status.

Congress set the PBGC contribution rates for both SEPF and MEPF. Congress deemed that the MEPFs were less likely to fail than the SEPFs so our rates and returns are much lower. Now the PBGC is in danger of failing. Congress played a big part in the pension problem and they appear to be trying to find a fix. But partisan politics will stall any meaningful resolution to the problem.
If the gov would have forced overfunding like they did the post office (when union companies were many ) there would only be a minor shortage today

On here, we are pretty similar. We mostly meet people that know our situation and think similarly.

Our CSPF is 400,000 people. Overall, there are probably 3-4 million of us in failing pensions in the USA, in a nation of 330 million. We are 1%- asking 99% to bail us out. When I tell the average man in the street I haven't retired because my Teamsters Pension is broke- they look at me like I'm from another planet.

There are 110,000 US taxpayers carrying every desire of people around the world. They are tired of demands for more bailouts. We need to humbly present our situation, and accept posters who disagree, because they have to pay for us. If we present a responsible plan, it hopefully passes. If we Demand, it won't.... it's just the way it is...

You're right, but I agree with Crystal, some can't post without union vs non.
It would be a sad world if everyone had the same opinion and desires.

Once again which party deregulated the trucking & airline industries and didn't the same Democrat Party sign NAFTA???
Remember Obama in 2008 on a podium with Hoffa Jr swearing how Obama was going to renegotiate NAFTA because it killed working people and their communities??? What exactly did Obama do about NAFTA??? Oh yea he allowed Mexican carriers into the USA. Up to 20,000 of them.....
Once again , who renegotiated NAFTA???? I think his name is Trump... No wonder Democrats need to get rid of him...
Shut your darn TV off, you take orders from it...
Motor carrier deregulation was a part of a sweeping reduction in price controls, entry controls, and collective vendor price setting in United States transportation, begun in 1970-71 with initiatives in the Richard Nixon Administration, carried out through the Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter Administrations, and continued into the 1980s, collectively seen as a part of deregulation in the United States.

Talk about a bailout!!!! State of Illinois is 160 BILLION dollars underfunded. Their supreme court by a 7 to 1 margin said (you promised them the money, now pay them). If you reside in that state, bend over, place your wallet between your legs, & kiss it good bye. von.

Motor carrier deregulation was a part of a sweeping reduction in price controls, entry controls, and collective vendor price setting in United States transportation, begun in 1970-71 with initiatives in the Richard Nixon Administration, carried out through the Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter Administrations, and continued into the 1980s, collectively seen as a part of deregulation in the United States.
That's an oxymoronic statement. How can price CONTROLLING be part of DeRegulation???

That reads like you are citing wikipedia..... where people can just type their own opinion and call it facts.

Talk about a bailout!!!! State of Illinois is 160 BILLION dollars underfunded. Their supreme court by a 7 to 1 margin said (you promised them the money, now pay them). If you reside in that state, bend over, place your wallet between your legs, & kiss it good bye. von.
There were talks of a Federal Court having to split the State and give parts of it to other states because there' s no way for Illinois to survive and govern. Our Indiana would only be stuck taking the Central/Eastern (rural farm) part, Thank Goodness. Wisconsin or Michigan would get stuck paying for Chicago and the North.