Yellow | Mitch Mcconnell Blocks Pension Vote

Soros funded fake news!!! We all know Republicans love unions and would never do anything that would hurt them or their members. McConnell is always fighting for us little people.

Just like liberals fought for 'working people' during the Obama years.
The average household gained $1,100 in the 8 Obama years
In the 3.5 Trump years the average household wealth is up $5,100
Yea, you are better off with Democrats. Only Liberals ship jobs off to China & Mexico by the tens of millions.. Very smart.....

Yea, you are better off with Democrats. Only Liberals ship jobs off to China & Mexico by the tens of millions.. Very smart.....
Better broaden your data resources.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trum...h-challenged-by-data-wage-trap-225058764.html
"When we compare the last 31 months of Obama to the first 31 months of Trump, the trend is even clearer. In those 31-month periods, median household income rose 5.6 percent under Obama and 7.1 percent under Trump, respectively. That gives a slight edge to Trump but remember these monthly numbers bounce around a lot, so it’s unclear whether the recent pace under Trump can be maintained. In any case, the economic record of the two presidents is far closer than suggested when including the effect of the recession under Obama’s numbers."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-shiny-new-talking-point-about-income-growth/

Don’t forget that Republicans were worried about deficits when Obama was in office and he cut little dummy Bush’s deficits in half. Shockingly Republicans have forgotten about deficits since regaining the White House again and part of the growth under the Trump economy have been put on the credit card almost doubling the deficit.

Funny how the right wingers start worrying about budgets, bailouts and deficits when helping working people is discussed but when tax breaks for the wealthy donors is on the table they can’t fill out those credit card applications fast enough. Like ╰⋃╯ Cheney said “Reagan proved deficits don’t matter “
It's no secret the republicans even here on T/B have been gunning to kill off the unions from the very start . Same with Social Security. Alfred Landon a republican from Kansas ran against Roosevelt on the premise of killing off Social Security in 1936 . As deregulation goes I believe Kennedy was using his hidden republican side and well Jimmy Carter was just plain out right ignorant on trucking .

Last edited:
Yeah as I remember Trump and his daughter shipped their jobs to China, her line of clothing and jewelry and Trump with is neck ties along with suits , how about trump eye glasses? thats just for starters . O and BTW those were exempt from tariffs .

Don’t forget that Republicans were worried about deficits when Obama was in office and he cut little dummy Bush’s deficits in half. Shockingly Republicans have forgotten about deficits since regaining the White House again and part of the growth under the Trump economy have been put on the credit card almost doubling the deficit.
Since you cling to “he cut Bush’s Deficits in half”....

Bush left office, the deficit was $4.9 billion. Obama raised it , eventually, to $1.6 trillion. Then, eventually, Obama left office as it hit around $$4.8-4.9 billion, (back to what it was when he came into office) and claimed he cut The deficit by 2/3.

And people wonder why I hate DC accounting...

Personally, I hate Big Government Spending. But Trumps “tax cut”, is producing Record Revenue to the Treasury. It appears we have a Spending problem, not a Revenue problem....

Alfred Landon a republican from Kansas ran against Roosevelt on the premise of killing off Social Security in 1936 . .
You make it sound like it was an entrenched plan. It wasn’t. SS wasn’t started until late 1935. SCOTUS didn’t say it was Constitutional until 1937 (Helvering vs Davis). Most people then didn’t trust it would work.

You make it sound like it was an entrenched plan. It wasn’t. SS wasn’t started until late 1935. SCOTUS didn’t say it was Constitutional until 1937 (Helvering vs Davis). Most people then didn’t trust it would work.
Well then most people were wrong . Glad to have that extra income along with my Teamster pension am doing better than working .If republicans had their way I wouldn't have that S/S coming every month like clock work probably wouldn't have a Teamster pension because there would't be unions either .

.If republicans had their way I wouldn't have that S/S coming every month like clock work probably wouldn't have a Teamster pension because there would't be unions either .

A lot of good people who worked everyday of their lives and trusted their leadership are now finding out that their pension isn’t there. And it wasn’t Republicans that made decisions affecting their pension funds.

we watched the last administration hand out billions to the banks and car companies, and we watch today’s Democrats giveaway billions every year to illegal immigrants while they continue to con us on why they can’t fight to help our funds.

keep drinking the cool aid and make sure you vote the way the International tells you to because guaranteeing the Union endorsement for Democrats has been so good for us.

A lot of good people who worked everyday of their lives and trusted their leadership are now finding out that their pension isn’t there. And it wasn’t Republicans that made decisions affecting their pension funds.

we watched the last administration hand out billions to the banks and car companies, and we watch today’s Democrats giveaway billions every year to illegal immigrants while they continue to con us on why they can’t fight to help our funds.

keep drinking the cool aid and make sure you vote the way the International tells you to because guaranteeing the Union endorsement for Democrats has been so good for us.

I didn't realize that McConnell was now a democrat. S.2254, the Butch Lewis Act has been sitting on his desk since July. It's dead in the Republican controlled Finance committed. There is plenty of blame with both democrats and republicans.

I didn't realize that McConnell was now a democrat. S.2254, the Butch Lewis Act has been sitting on his desk since July. It's dead in the Republican controlled Finance committed. There is plenty of blame with both democrats and republicans.
I'm not defending McConell, I'm saying there's blame in BOTH parties. If you recall Butch Lewis never got a vote because democrats tied it to DACA the first time which they knew wouldn't pass. But DACA was their priority not the working mans pension. I don't recall you or pup driver complaining about that.

Well then most people were wrong . Glad to have that extra income along with my Teamster pension am doing better than working .If republicans had their way I wouldn't have that S/S coming every month like clock work probably wouldn't have a Teamster pension because there would't be unions either .
After the next election, you won't have the SS to rely on. That's an "entitlement"

No politician, of either side, is ever, ever, ever, going to touch Social Security. Why should they, they can just print more money.
I would not be so sure .The red hats will stand by trump no matter what . Like he said he could murder someone and not lose a single vote . He has a brain lock on a lot of righties . This would not be the first time in history as I recall this happen in Germany in the 1930's . Not saying trump is that bad .

After the next election, you won't have the SS to rely on. That's an "entitlement"
Yeah thats a earned benefit . We all have that money taken out every week so we are the owners of our S/S .The righties would like to take that S/S and turn it over to Wall Street like Bush wanted to do . Wall Street would take their share to manage your earned money and we would get what is left. The environment is ripe now for such a scenario .

I don't vote the way the International tells me I vote what common sense tells me .

I'm not defending McConell, I'm saying there's blame in BOTH parties. If you recall Butch Lewis never got a vote because democrats tied it to DACA the first time which they knew wouldn't pass. But DACA was their priority not the working mans pension. I don't recall you or pup driver complaining about that.
No that's not the way I read your post. I didn't see anything in it that blamed both parties. Maybe it was the kool aid dig about the union and the democrats. But whatever lets get back to Butch Lewis. I don't know anything about DACA being tied to last years bill. The way I remember it was a stand alone bill that had about 230 co-sponsors including 8 republicans. But the republican speaker of the house Ryan wouldn't move the bill. Just like McConnell on this years bill that this time passed the democrat controlled house.

No that's not the way I read your post. I didn't see anything in it that blamed both parties. Maybe it was the kool aid dig about the union and the democrats. But whatever lets get back to Butch Lewis. I don't know anything about DACA being tied to last years bill. The way I remember it was a stand alone bill that had about 230 co-sponsors including 8 republicans. But the republican speaker of the house Ryan wouldn't move the bill. Just like McConnell on this years bill that this time passed the democrat controlled house.
First off no one said LAST YEAR, I said they originally attached it to DACA which was 2017 do your own google search on it.(no bill gets a stand alone vote) What I pointed out in my post was that trying to blame pension woes on one political party is inaccurate There’s blame all over the place. It wasn’t Republicans that deregulated trucking, it wasn’t republicans that told the unions they had to much money in their funds and wanted to tax them causing the 13th check and higher pay outs in certain funds, it wasn’t the republicans who made a deal with UPS, it wasn’t even the Republicans who jailed Hoffa. What have the republicans done for us? I can’t think of much, other then stopping the Cadillac tax we were about to get hit with by the previous administrations ACA, BUT the union hasn’t endorsed a Republican since Reagan so why would they do for us ?

So tell me, what have the Democrats who get the Union endorsement every year done for us ? Other then trying to tax our health care.

You and pup driver want to thank someone that you get a pension don’t thank the Democrats thank the men and women still working so the funds continue to get contributions that those same working people are never going to see.

I would not be so sure .The red hats will stand by trump no matter what . Like he said he could murder someone and not lose a single vote . He has a brain lock on a lot of righties . This would not be the first time in history as I recall this happen in Germany in the 1930's . Not saying trump is that bad .
You know taking money from Social Security and putting it into Wall Street was Proposed by Bill Clinton during his state of the Union address right ?

Universal savings accounts to be managed by the government he called it. Was mocked as a bait and switch scam.