POLITICS Mitch McConnell's big ObamaCare conundrum

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by Magoo, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Kentucky's going for Obamacare
    Mitch McConnell's big ObamaCare conundrum

Despite it's relatively small population, the Bluegrass State has enrolled more people in new health plans than almost any other in the nation, primarily because Kentucky is one of the 14 states that built its own health exchange marketplace. The state-run marketplaces have proven far more effective than the feds' mothership, with roughly three-quarters of all October ObamaCare enrollees signing up via state exchanges.
    Kentucky also accepted the federal government's expansion of Medicaid under ObamaCare, and nearly 40,000 residents have already taken advantage of their new eligibility to sign up for it. And with a November surge, Kentucky is already beating its estimated enrollment pace, according to the Los Angeles Times.
    At the national level, too, there is reason to believe ObamaCare could be in for a big turnaround:clap:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And the cheerleading continues. By all means, beat a dead horse. Obamacare has been exposed, it is not affordable and it reduces care. It was passed as Americans and the news media slept so therefore was passed by a rogue legislative body. So the ACA does nothing but give the Government more control over the population and uses the IRS to enforce it.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/17/sen-kirsten-gillibrand-we-all-knew-obamas-health-c/

I for one am not surprised that Americans will submit to doing what they are forced to do by the IRS. It just hasn't effected you yet. But your day is coming. Now time to keep very quiet so this new thread (that could have been attached to all the numerous pro Oblamacare threads you have created) dies off so you can post yet another new thread on the same subject.

You are not only ignorant but redundant.....kinda like a Congressman who refuses to listen to those he represents. Political Zealot....that is what you are.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  3. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Did Mags learn a new word lately,"conundrum"?

4. Bubba74

Bubba74 I live Here

I heard our beloved governor on the Ed Schultz show a few weeks back saying how wonderful it has been. I think for a time 1/2 of all enrollees came from KY.

Just goes to show you if you think of horse racing, bourbon, or free medical, think Kentucky (I believe that is our new slogan)

5. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

No mention of the "conundrum" Sebelius has in her state where few have signed up mags? And no mention of thearmy of people that the Obama administration has sent to Kentucky to sign people up

6. Bubba74

Bubba74 I live Here

I personaly want to thank those in the other 56 states for helping the Kentucky welfare state.
    If Barry keeps attacking coal, we can put the entire eastern 1/2 of the state on welfare.

7. Magoo

No its not a fish Stark

8. Magoo

ObamaCare will be with us 150 years from now.
    Children in schools will ask Teacher Why would anyone not want Health Care?

9. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Self Reliance Is It's Own Reward

Doubt it. By then history will not be taught at all. The sole purpose of schools will be to ensure that all realize they exist for the state. all considerations of self will be unacceptable. Just the natural progression of liberalism.

10. Magoo

Do you think your boss will still by it for you in a 150 years?

11. dcmilkwagon

dcmilkwagon Armed, not a victim

It won't be with us for 5 years, the democrats are already walking away from it.

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Probably. I have a Great Boss! I'll prob still be working then too. We have one 84 year old driver. He retired at 67, still works for us 3-4 days a week to keep from going stir-crazy.... (and yes, Mags- he's the picture of health! he can whoop you for sure....)

13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    It'll be back in the Supreme Court by next year's Fall Session. (Over originating in the Senate, since now 'it's a tax')... that's why barry/harry broke the 60 vote filibuster majority rule on judges nominations. Barry nominated 30 more tonite....

14. Bubba74

Bubba74 I live Here

most bosses wont be buying for their employees next year

Here is another real problem for the DEms. Most Americans that get their insurance through their employer have no idea of the actual cost. People complain when they go on COBRA, the cost of the insurance which is what the employer was paying plus a small percentage. When people paying $50 a week towards their insurance are dropped by their employer, go to the exchange and find out that $50 a week is now $250 a week, they are not going to be happy.

15. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Two pathetic liars. What a disgrace. AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Actually, if it makes it until 2016, it will disappear then, when the Republicans take back over. You can thank your current Dictator for opening that door up with the nuclear option.:1036316054:

16. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Thru that option O eliminated Congress's Future. Last night he nominated a passel of judges. Once those are seated the EPA will issue new Regs (Global Warming). Even a new Repub Senate in 014 would be too late, unless Congress eliminates the EPA. All they could do is sue- where barry has the judges. Once those judges are in- barry could die the next day- his work would continue. Ignorant voters caused our Destruction...