SAIA | Money back

Demolitionman

TB Veteran
Credits
Word is the only part of out pay we are getting back anytime soon is part of the 401k. The company is going to match $0.25 of every dollar we put in up to 6%. it use to be $0.50.

Didn't make it to the quarterly meeting. I did hear that bit o' news though. Based on the ceedee we get, it's gonna be awhile until we can put cash in our pockets again. More water for the soup, more water for the soup I say!

:regretful:I didn't waste my time with the meeting. Figured we'd get a little back. They took a bunch right off the bat though. Guess we should be groveling to them

we had the meeting yesterday and it is verified that some of the 401 is coming back. it won't be until march or may; i can't remember which. insurance is not going up, but o'dell kept repeating that is averages out to $0.40 more per hour, per employee that it is costing the company. they also plan on buying 200 new, and 100 used trucks next year.

Mine just went to ATL for refurb..(Colision with two deer at the same time) I just hope I get it back..It's a pulling machine

we had the meeting yesterday and it is verified that some of the 401 is coming back. it won't be until march or may; i can't remember which. insurance is not going up, but o'dell kept repeating that is averages out to $0.40 more per hour, per employee that it is costing the company. they also plan on buying 200 new, and 100 used trucks next year.

It's ok if one is participating in the 401k, but that is still a ways off. Is the cost quoted for the "not increasing" insurance? As for the truck purchase-given the fleet replacement cycle, it seems due to the economy, that Saia is late.

It's ok if one is participating in the 401k, but that is still a ways off. Is the cost quoted for the "not increasing" insurance? As for the truck purchase-given the fleet replacement cycle, it seems due to the economy, that Saia is late.

yeah and i think it was repeated over and over b/c they want us to know our out of pocket insurance costs as an employee are not going up, b/c we didn't get a raise.

Mine just went to ATL for refurb..(Colision with two deer at the same time) I just hope I get it back..It's a pulling machine

i had a run in with a deer on 675 heading to the atl terminal. a few months later it went CLT and came back without the FUBAR'd spot on the hood. it shocked me they took the time to fix it.

yeah and i think it was repeated over and over b/c they want us to know our out of pocket insurance costs as an employee are not going up, b/c we didn't get a raise.

Yea, I remember one year getting a raise and the insurance premiums were increased to cover the raise. I guess I'll have to go to the doctor more to get my raise.