ABF | Money in the bank

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80004.msg829621#msg829621 date=1273803586]
Stoney rather work for the same wages as a foreigner. He may want to brush up on some Spanish to keep up with some of his future competition.
[/quote]

Na, don't have to. My state is final fighting illegal immigration and stopping all these stupid ethnic classes in our local schools.

[quote author=madabfer link=topic=80004.msg829457#msg829457 date=1273765070]
[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80004.msg829390#msg829390 date=1273750859]
[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=80004.msg828706#msg828706 date=1273535002]
Your fighting a losing battle,Lefty! You won't be able to convince some people that were brainwashed into believing that the company is in trouble.After all,you really can't blame them,they had the company and the union telling them that.What really ticks me off is that Tyson pushed this thing to go through and told the people what to vote instead of just presenting the facts. This is what's a damn shame!!! Luckily,alot of us can still think for ourselves!This is not meant in any derogatory way for the people that voted yes. It's just an observation.
[/quote]

You say that wasn't meant to be derogatory, but yet you start it off as a yes vote means were in someway brainwashed. NICE!!! :biglaugh:

If you reread my answer, you'll see that my vote came down to the economy more than ABF themselves. If I saw our economy rebounding, than I would have voted no. ABF didn't do anything wrong. They are a victim of a bad economy. I stand by my vote.
[/quote] I agree with you that the economy is not going to improve any time soon but WE all have to survive in this hostile economy too . If this abominable deal passes it is going to be a lot harder to survive on 2002 wages and if the economy continues to tumble the end result will be that we all have 20+ thousand less in our hands to try to weather it.
[/quote]

That don't make sense. I'm voting yes to hopefully save my job. Anyhow, I have saved up. I save $500 a week. And if ABF still goes under, I can take my time and find another job. A good job. More than likely, I would go out on my own. I have enough money to buy a nice used truck, an 06 or so, and give it a go. Well, at least enough for a good down payment to keep my truck payment low.

Sure, go ahead and vote yes. What you are voting on is making sure that ABF can cut their rates, and actually put YRC out of business. Do you actually think ABF is in trouble? They refused to open the books three times before they said yes. What do you think they were doing in the interim while the IBT waffled their position. They were cooking the books, and the best part is that you guys voting yes are going for it hook, line and sinker. If they are losing money, and I do think they are, but certainly not at the magnitude that they are portraying. Let's face facts, if the 63 million dollar loss they claimed on their balance sheet was real, that charge would be a tax deduction, and it was not. Further, they claim to have lost money all year last year, then why, did they pay a dividend on the stock PROFITS, every quarter?

If they want to argue equal sacrifice, here is an idea. ALL management, from top to bottom, Judy, Wes and everybody at Fart Schmitt, take a cut to $90,000 total compensation and deduct the 15% they want from us. This is an equal sacrifice, not the 5 million compensation packages they enjoy then take 15% from that.

Then since we are talking equal sacrifice, Jim, Tyson, and the crew at the IBT take a single salary, of $90, 000 per year and subtract 15%. I know it would be very difficult for these guys to give up their multiple salaries and pensions, but what the heck, fair is fair isn't it. Since they are selling this the way they are, they should be willing to walk the walk, if they can talk the talk.

Equal sacrifice is not equal if their is somebody making 6 figures and over.

I think there is really more here than meets the eye, and the leaders of the company and the union are not telling the whole story, and certainly not telling the truth. If it stinks like ****, looks like ****, then there must be some **** here, and I am not going to vote for it while it must be ****.

See what I mean by narrowminded, hotheaded drivers. This coming from a guy who thought Obama saved the world economy. :biglaugh:

[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80004.msg829744#msg829744 date=1273849488]
[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80004.msg829621#msg829621 date=1273803586]
Stoney rather work for the same wages as a foreigner. He may want to brush up on some Spanish to keep up with some of his future competition.
[/quote]

Na, don't have to. My state is final fighting illegal immigration and stopping all these stupid ethnic classes in our local schools.
[/quote]Yeah, that's right. Get rid of those illegals. Corporate America doesn't need illegals to bring down the wages. They just need more people like (stoney) who volunteer freely to vote Yes, and give money back to the company without question.

[quote author=705irishsetter link=topic=80004.msg829768#msg829768 date=1273856910]
WOW!!!!

MIKEY,
This Stoney is scared for his job, let him be.
As for I VOTE NO!
[/quote]

I ain't scared. Its a wonder why anyone would wanna join a UNION company. If you don't with the union zombie line, your harassed about it.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80004.msg829815#msg829815 date=1273867034]
[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80004.msg829744#msg829744 date=1273849488]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, that's right. Get rid of those illegals. Corporate America doesn't need illegals to bring down the wages. They just need more people like (stoney) who volunteer freely to vote Yes, and give money back to the company without question.
[/quote]

Well obviously you can't read. And your in college? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Well Stoney, I finally get the picture. You're voting yes because you're just thinking of yourself!I've read your last posts and you keep mentioning me,myself and I.Just say that you are voting yes because you got to take care of No. 1!!!!!! That's what it boils down to. You can afford the 15% cut easily,good for you.How about some of you're union brothers that can't miss a single hour without pay that your vote would force his pay cut!No problem,he's just that narrow minded, hotheaded driver!The word selfish comes to my mind!!! How about what all the Teamsters in the past had to give to get what we have today! No problem,they were just narrow minded, hotheaded drivers!!! Let's push the old timers out who have earned that right to stay as long as they damn well please.No problem,they are just narrow minded, hotheaded drivers!!! I could just keep going but I'll stop now.It's all about you Stoney!!!!!

[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=80004.msg829866#msg829866 date=1273881789]
Well Stoney, I finally get the picture. You're voting yes because you're just thinking of yourself!I've read your last posts and you keep mentioning me,myself and I.Just say that you are voting yes because you got to take care of No. 1!!!!!! That's what it boils down to. You can afford the 15% cut easily,good for you.How about some of you're union brothers that can't miss a single hour without pay that your vote would force his pay cut!No problem,he's just that narrow minded, hotheaded driver!The word selfish comes to my mind!!! How about what all the Teamsters in the past had to give to get what we have today! No problem,they were just narrow minded, hotheaded drivers!!! Let's push the old timers out who have earned that right to stay as long as they damn well please.No problem,they are just narrow minded, hotheaded drivers!!! I could just keep going but I'll stop now.It's all about you Stoney!!!!!
[/quote]

Its not my job to worry about other drivers. And I voted yes to help the company stay open in my opinion. Wanting our company to stay open would be good for everybody, wouldn't it? And if a Teamster who couldn't afford a 15% cut probably needs to look at there own finances. It amazes me, that Teamsters brag about how good we're paid and such, but yet complain that they can not afford to miss a day of work. Oh boo freakin hoo :hissy:

I see alot of nice cars and pickups in the parking lot. Guys always brag about there new boat or travel trailers. Nice big houses. But if they miss a day or two of work, they can't there boat and trailer payments. No I don't feel sorry for those clowns.

Ya we have old timers who stay till 70, but we have young men with families laid off. Ya, I want those old farts to retire. Wow, how selfish of me!

You know, some of the biggest crybabies are Teamsters.

[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80004.msg829875#msg829875 date=1273885608]
[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=80004.msg829866#msg829866 date=1273881789]
[/quote]

Its not my job to worry about other drivers. And I voted yes to help the company stay open in my opinion. Wanting our company to stay open would be good for everybody, wouldn't it? And if a Teamster who couldn't afford a 15% cut probably needs to look at there own finances. It amazes me, that Teamsters brag about how good we're paid and such, but yet complain that they can not afford to miss a day of work. Oh boo freakin hoo :hissy:

I see alot of nice cars and pickups in the parking lot. Guys always brag about there new boat or travel trailers. Nice big houses. But if they miss a day or two of work, they can't there boat and trailer payments. No I don't feel sorry for those clowns.

Ya we have old timers who stay till 70, but we have young men with families laid off. Ya, I want those old farts to retire. Wow, how selfish of me!

[/quote]

ROFLMAO - And all the time you talk about narrow minded hot headed drivers...lol If you despise the Teamsters so much,why are you in the union.I'll tell you why,for the wages and benefits and that is all. Do you even have the slightest idea what solidarity is anyway?Don't even try and tell me that you care about the young men with families laid off! We both know better,don't we? You're more concerned with the old timers and moving up on seniority.
What I relly like is that you say that you are doing this for good for everybody and in the same paragraph you say that its not my job to worry about other drivers.Why do you contradict yourself so much? I'll tell you why,to fool yourself into believing that you are looking out for everyone else and not yourself.
Just remember that you are the one,so easily, willing to give away what Teamsters before you fought so hard for.Atleast,now I know why, like you said yourself, "some of the biggest crybabies are Teamsters"!

[/quote]

[/quote]Yes it is selfish of you !! my question is why can't you dispute anything in my original statement. 120 million in the bank & no debt !! yet you feel we need to give back 15% to keep the company from folding ??

Lefty:He will get back to you after he calls the company to get their answer.

Well I was at the meeting with the company big wigs, and I paid attention. We were told ABF would not take the concessions and pass it on to the customers. So my question is where will ABF get new freight from, if they will not discount like everyone else. All we hear about is how YRC has a cost advantage and how YRC is cutting prices, so why the concessions if you are not going to pass them on. This is what I came away with from that meeting. We were told by ABF that they will still losemoney , but after the concessions most of it will be your money. If the concessions were in force last year ABF would have only lost 25 million out of the 100 million. The other 75 million would have come from us. How can a company tell me it is better to lose my money rather than that of the company. We were also told the concessions will slow their cash burn down and buy them sometime. Ask yourself why because they will now be losing your money. The concessions will save them about 75 million a year of your money. I can vote NO with a good heart.

[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80004.msg829760#msg829760 date=1273854726]
See what I mean by narrowminded, hotheaded drivers. This coming from a guy who thought Obama saved the world economy.
[/quote]

You know, I really expected a more intelligent, articulate answer from you Stones. I really thought that the quintessential CAPITALIST, would have better answers when your CAPITALIST idols want to reach into your wallet for your capital.

Back to the IGNORE LIST with you. Have a nice life.

[quote author=leftyblack link=topic=80004.msg829955#msg829955 date=1273907931]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yes it is selfish of you !! my question is why can't you dispute anything in my original statement. 120 million in the bank & no debt !! yet you feel we need to give back 15% to keep the company from folding ??
[/quote]

Now you know what is made of stone, don't you?

[quote author=Truxforever link=topic=80004.msg830053#msg830053 date=1273946013]
Well I was at the meeting with the company big wigs, and I paid attention. We were told ABF would not take the concessions and pass it on to the customers. So my question is where will ABF get new freight from, if they will not discount like everyone else. All we hear about is how YRC has a cost advantage and how YRC is cutting prices, so why the concessions if you are not going to pass them on. This is what I came away with from that meeting. We were told by ABF that they will still losemoney , but after the concessions most of it will be your money. If the concessions were in force last year ABF would have only lost 25 million out of the 100 million. The other 75 million would have come from us. How can a company tell me it is better to lose my money rather than that of the company. We were also told the concessions will slow their cash burn down and buy them sometime. Ask yourself why because they will now be losing your money. The concessions will save them about 75 million a year of your money. I can vote NO with a good heart.
[/quote]

ABF will put YRC out of business if they get the concession. That is what this is really about. IMO. As I said before, there is more to this than what meets the eye.

Stoney ABF, I wish you were not a union brother. I am not an old driver ready to retire. I bet if ABF told you the sky was green you would believe. Listen, pay cuts until 2013 is way to long. It should at a min. be voted on each year. Stoney, you are an embarrassment to the union. Please take your saving and buy a tractor and be an owner operator. If unions are that bad for you please leave and let someone with a backbone have your position. Stoney, you sound like a :buttkisser: and please consider that owner operator position. Your kind discuss me talking bad about the union but won't leave because you won't find it better without the union. If you need help with tractor dealers in your area let me know.

Hey Lefty. I gotta say that I agree with you for the most part. But what is your source for the fact that Judy McReynolds worked for Walmart? I have never seen that anywhere. If I can recall. She worked for Ernst and Young. A third party accounting firm that works with several trucking companies. Mainly in Arkansas. She could have done work for Walmart. But at the same time, she was probably doing work for ABF, Roadway, J.B. Hunt, etc. If you say you can back it up. Let's see it.