ABF | Money in the bank

[quote author=leftyblack link=topic=80004.msg830785#msg830785 date=1274147485]
[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=80004.msg830754#msg830754 date=1274141329]
Well foxman, first off, this vote shouldn't even be happening! Tyson flat outright lied! On the first conference call,he said that he wouldn't even pursue any negotiations unless he had an OVERWHELMING response to negotiate.But guess what,they started the negotiations even before some of the locals even had their meetings for their input.This I can prove! Which means that this whole concession deal was all planned out even before that first conference call.
Second, when people say about cooking the books,who says that they are doing anything illegal,use you head! There's more than one way to cook the books.Abf had a whole year to make the books look worse than they actually are.If you were to actually read the SEC filings,you will be able to see what they did with some of the money.But,the IBT won't tell you and ABF sure won't! Just look at the short term investments that they had.Do you actually know anything about short term investments???? I'll tell you, it's a LEGAL way to hide money for awhile! I could keep going but it would be useless because it's obvious that you even took the time to read the SEC filings! You probably wouldn't know what you were reading anyway.Just believe what the company and Tyson tell you to believe!Did you watch the DVD? Kemp said that we had 219 million in 2008 and then went on to say that now we are no longer debt free.We have a debt 26.5 million.That makes one believe that we went from 219 million to the good and are now in debt with no money! They are not lying but are not telling the whole truth.Even by their charts.They started that steep decline in Oct. of last year. Check out Moving Solutions at the BBB and you will see when Moving Solution was created. It was just a coincidence that it was created in Oct.2009.Wasn't it??????I could go on and on but it's no use when people won't take the time to do their own research instead of listening to others. Just how do you think that the people who are voting no came to that conclusion.It sure wasn't because of what they heard from the company or the IBT. It's called research and actually watching what's going on around you!!!!!!!!!!
As for the benefits, if you really are a Teamster, look in your supplement, which you should have easy access to if it's as you say that your a teamster of 21 years.
Every supplement is a little different on the benefits,but you knew that,right?
[/quote]AMEN BROTHER !! ALL IT TAKES IS A LITTLE RESEARCH...FACTS ARE THE FACTS !! PS/ HOW'S THIS ONE OUR REGIONAL VP INFORMED US TODAY THAT IF WE WANTED TO CHANGE OUR NO VOTES TO A YES THEY COULD GET THAT DONE FOR US !! REALLY ON A SECRET BALLOT THEY COULD GET OUR VOTE SWITCHED !! I WONDER HOW?? & IF YOU THINK I'M MAKING THIS UP, I HAVE A ROOM FULL OF DRIVER'S
[/quote]

Yup another conspiracy theory. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80004.msg830909#msg830909 date=1274203247]
[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=80004.msg830754#msg830754 date=1274141329]
Well foxman, first off, this vote shouldn't even be happening! Tyson flat outright lied! On the first conference call,he said that he wouldn't even pursue any negotiations unless he had an OVERWHELMING response to negotiate.But guess what,they started the negotiations even before some of the locals even had their meetings for their input.This I can prove! Which means that this whole concession deal was all planned out even before that first conference call.
Second, when people say about cooking the books,who says that they are doing anything illegal,use you head! There's more than one way to cook the books.Abf had a whole year to make the books look worse than they actually are.If you were to actually read the SEC filings,you will be able to see what they did with some of the money.But,the IBT won't tell you and ABF sure won't! Just look at the short term investments that they had.Do you actually know anything about short term investments???? I'll tell you, it's a LEGAL way to hide money for awhile! I could keep going but it would be useless because it's obvious that you even took the time to read the SEC filings! You probably wouldn't know what you were reading anyway.Just believe what the company and Tyson tell you to believe!Did you watch the DVD? Kemp said that we had 219 million in 2008 and then went on to say that now we are no longer debt free.We have a debt 26.5 million.That makes one believe that we went from 219 million to the good and are now in debt with no money! They are not lying but are not telling the whole truth.Even by their charts.They started that steep decline in Oct. of last year. Check out Moving Solutions at the BBB and you will see when Moving Solution was created. It was just a coincidence that it was created in Oct.2009.Wasn't it??????I could go on and on but it's no use when people won't take the time to do their own research instead of listening to others. Just how do you think that the people who are voting no came to that conclusion.It sure wasn't because of what they heard from the company or the IBT. It's called research and actually watching what's going on around you!!!!!!!!!!
As for the benefits, if you really are a Teamster, look in your supplement, which you should have easy access to if it's as you say that your a teamster of 21 years.
[/quote]AMEN BROTHER !! ALL IT TAKES IS A LITTLE RESEARCH...FACTS ARE THE FACTS !! PS/ HOW'S THIS ONE OUR REGIONAL VP INFORMED US TODAY THAT IF WE WANTED TO CHANGE OUR NO VOTES TO A YES THEY COULD GET THAT DONE FOR US !! REALLY ON A SECRET BALLOT THEY COULD GET OUR VOTE SWITCHED !! I WONDER HOW?? & IF YOU THINK I'M MAKING THIS UP, I HAVE A ROOM FULL OF DRIVER'S
[/quote]

[/quote] Do you question that this happened yes or no?

Hey foxman, you better re think your h/w hourly and your pension. Here you go again, talking about something that you don't know anything about! Exclamation point! You were given some false information and presented it as fact!Exclamation point! If you think that you are overpaid,then go and give it back to the company on your own! But you would never do that,would you? The only way that you would even consider it is if everyone has to. This way,you force your :buttkisser: ways upon everyone! I get so sick and tired of some people telling me on how good that we have it and at the same time they mention nothing about the people making over ten times as much! That is brainwashed,my friend! They have your mind right were they want you!

One more thing fox, if you actually read the SEC filings and still think the way you do,there's no way in making you understand anything else. Just keep listing to the company, they will never steer you wrong!!!!!!

[quote author=leftyblack link=topic=80004.msg831019#msg831019 date=1274228693]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I do.

[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80004.msg831028#msg831028 date=1274230918]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I do.
[/quote]that's too bad because it did happen monday morning at 830 am in front of 7 city drivers. i was there i witnessed it along with my 6 fellow drivers, one of which has voted yes ! I wish you were as smart as you think you are !

[quote author=leftyblack link=topic=80004.msg831033#msg831033 date=1274231478]
[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80004.msg831028#msg831028 date=1274230918]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I do.
[/quote]that's too bad because it did happen monday morning at 830 am in front of 7 city drivers. i was there i witnessed it along with my 6 fellow drivers, one of which has voted yes ! I wish you were as smart as you think you are !
[/quote]

Fine.....even if it did happen, its still just another stupid conspiracy theory. And if it were true. What good is the union anymore if you can't trust them with your vote? Another reason I"m against the EFCA. And other union bro's say I'm the problem!!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Remember when davidson said he had 600 million $ in cash in his pocket to buy out of the pension plan , my question is where did all that money go?

[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=80004.msg831022#msg831022 date=1274229446]
Hey foxman, you better re think your h/w hourly and your pension. Here you go again, talking about something that you don't know anything about! Exclamation point! You were given some false information and presented it as fact!Exclamation point! If you think that you are overpaid,then go and give it back to the company on your own! But you would never do that,would you? The only way that you would even consider it is if everyone has to. This way,you force your :buttkisser: ways upon everyone! I get so sick and tired of some people telling me on how good that we have it and at the same time they mention nothing about the people making over ten times as much! That is brainwashed,my friend! They have your mind right were they want you!
[/quote]

then what ARE the correct pension and h and w numbers? I got these from my steward. I guess hes wrong and I was wrong to even post them, so we await your response.
BTW, didnt i say in a previous post that I "would be vilified if I was off by one cent by this board"? Isnt that what you are trying to do here? Of course. What are the correct numbers, i ask again? But "here you go again" saying Im wrong in my numbers but not correcting it. That isnt how one wins debates by simply saying "youre wrong" and not backing it up.
Now, did I ever say we were overpaid? No.
Am i envious of what others make who work for this company? No. I dont count other peoples money.
There are drivers here that make lots more than me that want to run their tails off. More power to them. do I care what they make.? Absolutely not. When things are slow like now I take ATO when I can and try to give a less senior guy a chance to get out.
We await your reasoned and courteous reply.

[quote author=foxman042 link=topic=80004.msg831739#msg831739 date=1274462384]
[We await your reasoned and courteous reply.
[/quote]

Then you'll be waiting awhile. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=80004.msg831768#msg831768 date=1274468421]
That isnt how one wins debates by simply saying "youre wrong" and not backing it up.

It works for the IBT and companies. :poke:
[/quote]

well vwaggs, youve got a good point there.

foxman: To be totally honest with you, since you are under the Central Pa. Teamsters Health & Welfare Fund, I can't give you the exact hourly rate for the health&welfare and the pension. I'm used to the Central States Health& Welfare. Down here, it was $237.70 a week for the H&W and $258.00 per week for the pension in 2008 plus $1.00 per hour increase a year after that that has been split up between the two. That's $12.39 an hour with both health and pension in 2008. With the $2.00 added per hour since then, that would bring the total to $14.39 an hour for both the pension and the health & welfare. When we get the dollar increase for this year in Aug.2010, that would bring the total to $15.39.
You total added up between the two came to $17.27 an hour. That's a $2.88 difference. Could there be that much of a difference between Central States and Central Pa., it could be. I first assumed that it couldn't (because of me being hotheaded)but after I gave it some thought, I realized that it could. We all know what happens when you assume...lol. I will find out what Central Pa. is paying though. If you are right and i'm wrong, I will admit it.I will get back to you,either way. And maybe,even with an apology...lol!
Stoney, you might as well hang it up, IMO...you don't deserve the time of day! You are all about yourself.

[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=80004.msg831817#msg831817 date=1274489377]
foxman: To be totally honest with you, since you are under the Central Pa. Teamsters Health & Welfare Fund, I can't give you the exact hourly rate for the health&welfare and the pension. I'm used to the Central States Health& Welfare. Down here, it was $237.70 a week for the H&W and $258.00 per week for the pension in 2008 plus $1.00 per hour increase a year after that that has been split up between the two. That's $12.39 an hour with both health and pension in 2008. With the $2.00 added per hour since then, that would bring the total to $14.39 an hour for both the pension and the health & welfare. When we get the dollar increase for this year in Aug.2010, that would bring the total to $15.39.
You total added up between the two came to $17.27 an hour. That's a $2.88 difference. Could there be that much of a difference between Central States and Central Pa., it could be. I first assumed that it couldn't (because of me being hotheaded)but after I gave it some thought, I realized that it could. We all know what happens when you assume...lol. I will find out what Central Pa. is paying though. If you are right and i'm wrong, I will admit it.I will get back to you,either way. And maybe,even with an apology...lol!
Stoney, you might as well hang it up, IMO...you don't deserve the time of day! You are all about yourself.

Dont worry about it. Im sure that ill be apologizing in the end. The steward I talked to for my numbers isnt really known for being a fountain of solid information, but he was the only one available at the time. With each of these conferences having different contribution rates its no wonder that any one can be totally sure whats what. one fund puts more to pension than others and everything is different depending on where you go. I suspect thats what they want in the first place to keep us confused haha...
[/quote]

It has been said that ABF does not need a 15% wage give back
they just want it to be competitive
images
with YRC
that makes sense--
Exhibit A- ABF waited all this time for YRC to vanish but now needs to compete on price
Exhibit B- ABF generated millions in losses to justify the concession
Exhibit C- It could be a long, long time before economy recovers

thrain.gif

rainy days ahead​

[quote author=thejoe link=topic=80004.msg832136#msg832136 date=1274581034]
images
with YRC
that makes sense--
Exhibit A- ABF waited all this time for YRC to vanish but now needs to compete on price

thrain.gif

rainy days ahead​
[/quote][quote author=thejoe link=topic=80004.msg832136#msg832136 date=1274581034]
images
with YRC
that makes sense--

thrain.gif

rainy days ahead​
[/quote]It's only rainy if we don't take a stand and make them honor the contract that they signed with their own free will !!!! Vote NO TO GIVEBACKS ...YES TO THE STOPPING OF CORPORATION EXTORTING IT'S WORKS FOR THEIR JOBS!!!

[quote author=705irishsetter link=topic=80004.msg832154#msg832154 date=1274587937]
THE JOE,

IS A AS- CLOWN!
[/quote]

[move]
SamUgliestDogLulu.jpg
[/move]

[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=80004.msg831817#msg831817 date=1274489377]
[/quote]

I don't apologize for that either. I first concern in my life is my family household, not others. I do care about others, and I will tout the union line, when I feel its justified and or would help. But I'm not going to stay on a sinking ship just because everyone else is. I do have a limit. Again I don't apologize for that.