Central Transport | Moral?

otrpetercar777

TB Lurker
Credits
Hows the moral at your terminal? Do you think if the company started communicating with us it would improve the over all moral and attiudes of your fellow co-workers or is just about the money?

Moral is low but there are some drivers on here that will tell ya that be glad you have a job . these are the ones still drinking the koolaid. Yes Moral is low and alot of people would like info about the company but no one is speakin and you can see the low moral in the loads coming to the terminals and drivers . money would be nice to get back .

[quote author=otrpetercar777 link=topic=77434.msg811793#msg811793 date=1268486039]
Hows the moral at your terminal? Do you think if the company started communicating with us it would improve the over all moral and attiudes of your fellow co-workers or is just about the money?
[/quote]
Actually, I found most of the upper management doesn't have any morals. However, morale is low. :P
Most are just burned out. Slammed with backlog from the storms, resentment from the 5% cut while other companies are starting to give some back. Long hours, and being cut one week short, and worked to death the next...All the while seeing outside carriers haul and deliver our freight. Most guys asked feel the company is spiraling down slowly..

[quote author=WrenchMonkey link=topic=77434.msg811882#msg811882 date=1268503522]
Moral is low but there are some drivers on here that will tell ya that be glad you have a job . these are the ones still drinking the koolaid. Yes Moral is low and alot of people would like info about the company but no one is speakin and you can see the low moral in the loads coming to the terminals and drivers . money would be nice to get back .
[/quote]

Most of the guy telling you to be happy you got a job are making top pay new guys not so much.

Moral? I don't even think I could dig a hole deep enough to find it at my terminal.

Now mind you this is just coming from a simple dock man but I have watched this company go from one I was proud to work at, to one I am ashamed to say I do. I have watched them get rid of guys who knew what was going on inside and out, only to be replaced with idiots and morons. That is just in management alone. Tired of having to watch my ass just because I was not from Pjax. Have watched favoritism and nepotism run rampant while good guys get shafted and forced to make up for others.

Some of the new drivers they hire... still trying to figure out which cereal box they got their license from. Seems the do not even road test guys anymore, nor is experience preferred. This not only goes for drivers but other personal as well. When I refer good people with forklift and loading experience, they give us guys with no knowledge whatsoever, putting other peoples safety at risk.

I know, if you don't like it leave. Well I tell you what, I have invested time here and want to see it get better. Yes, there are still guys out there like that but we are being quickly weeded out.

"You don't have to be crazy to work here.. They will train you."

"If ::shit:: rolls down hill, welcome to the valley baby."