ODFL | Morale

We work so mgt can have a life. When it’s busy we’re busting butt & they’re feet are on the desk. When it’s slow, it’s cut hours, nitpick, etc. At my place(I’m a visitor), three managers for 26 total drivers. Hmmm, wonder how we could cut costs? Couldn’t mgrs work 4 days/week til April? 20% pay cut. I’d even let one have Monday off, another Friday

isn't it funny how companies talk of work life balance?...but the balance always favors the company and not you.. the scales are tilted
That's funny you used the term work / life balance....they had that term on our survey...I told them that was a joke as I have a hard time getting out for a Dr. appointment after 10 hours when I gave them advance notice.. ..SMH

That was a given at FDXF , they never , never got me in time to go to doctor even after 10-12 day with a last 17:30 appointment so I would just take off. It seemed dickspach would go out of their way to just get this 1 or 2 more skids because we got nobody else .
And here I have been mis-spelling that word all along. Thanks for the clarification!!!
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Morale is low because all the quality employees are leaving because this new era if leadership only cares about the OR and profits. It's sad to see what happens to any company once the 3rd and 4th generations of upper management start to take over. This year's raise as usual was an insult. They throw the occasional 1 time bonus at us and have their little cookouts like that's a magic wand to cure everything. It's not always about the money. You get tired of the constant stupid daily decisions that cause you to work doubly as hard. The promotions to people who do not deserve them. Favoritism was always bad but now they don't even try to hide it. All these carriers now are the same, union or non. Just different color uniforms. They've gotten too big.
Well said....I just wanna come to work at FedEx and do my job without some woke or diversity agenda shoved down my throat!

I use to sit in drivers room and talk to people. Not now! I get my bills and leave, because if you say something someone doesn't like they run to HR and try to get you fired.

Well said....I just wanna come to work at FedEx and do my job without some woke or diversity agenda shoved down my throat!

I use to sit in drivers room and talk to people. Not now! I get my bills and leave, because if you say something someone doesn't like they run to HR and try to get you fired.
End of my first year @ 050 I started carrying around a voice recorder in my pocket. During a meeting in the office I was asked if I was recording. I said yes. I turned it off per their request. BUT, I started interrupting the conversation so I could write down WORD for WORD what was spoken. They were not happy with me. But they allowed me to turn it back on to keep the meeting from going in to the next week. People become very careful in what they say when they know you are being recorded. von.

Been there done that TWICE!! Both times I got my job back.

Maybe its time for unions to start making a comeback.
For that to happen today would require a no layoff policy. Union carriers are losing out to the carriers that rotate days off as best as possible. All the younger drivers I talk to don't want to spend years losing health insurance and 401k matches when it gets slow. Seniority should prevail for job assignments but starving the bottom drivers out when only 2 LTL carriers have a good pensions anymore doesn't attract young people in the long term.

isn't it funny how companies talk of work life balance?...but the balance always favors the company and not you.. the scales are tilted
I tend to agree with your statement. But isn’t that the recent way things are. Years ago, we had Christmas banquets, everyone received a free Turkey for Thanksgiving, you was honored for major accomplishments. Now a days, it’s all about numbers, profit, shareholders and getting the most out of each employee. With the years I have put in at OD, I’ve seen things change a bit. Not that bad, but there’s been some change. It’s because that’s how the new modern world of business is. It’s in every large company.
My morale has changed. It’s all about me, now. I’ve had a good run with OD. I’ve accomplished all my goals. Management has treated me fairly. I’ve made good money. It’s time for me to saddle my horse and ride into the sunset. I’m retiring.
To all of my brothers and sisters driving, just do your job and keep under the radar.

I tend to agree with your statement. But isn’t that the recent way things are. Years ago, we had Christmas banquets, everyone received a free Turkey for Thanksgiving, you was honored for major accomplishments. Now a days, it’s all about numbers, profit, shareholders and getting the most out of each employee. With the years I have put in at OD, I’ve seen things change a bit. Not that bad, but there’s been some change. It’s because that’s how the new modern world of business is. It’s in every large company.
My morale has changed. It’s all about me, now. I’ve had a good run with OD. I’ve accomplished all my goals. Management has treated me fairly. I’ve made good money. It’s time for me to saddle my horse and ride into the sunset. I’m retiring.
To all of my brothers and sisters driving, just do your job and keep under the radar.
The first Monday after retiring is great but it only gets better, especially when it rains. or snows. Congratulations. :1036316054:

The first Monday after retiring is great but it only gets better, especially when it rains. or snows. Congratulations. :1036316054:
You have that right. Thank you. My wife and I are going up to the Dakota’s and Montana next spring and do some fishing, go out on our friends boat on the coast and do some crabbing and go down to Arizona to be with our daughter and grandkids. No pressure, no fighting for time off, nothing but doing it.

Congrats on your retirement, but you ain't BSing me.
I hear you just got a desk job with Billy's lawn care.
You finally got into the (Big Bucks)