ODFL | Morale

Met a driver in Kettleman City yesterday. Nice enough guy. 10000 employee number. Driving a 23 KW. Dont have any idea of his experience. But still. Fairly new employee in a brand new truck.

We have some electric pallet jacks. I get it. They're necessary. But some guys want them all the time. I'm 59 and gave yet to take one. And I run a liftgate 95% of the time.

Met a driver in Kettleman City yesterday. Nice enough guy. 10000 employee number. Driving a 23 KW. Dont have any idea of his experience. But still. Fairly new employee in a brand new truck.

We have some electric pallet jacks. I get it. They're necessary. But some guys want them all the time. I'm 59 and gave yet to take one. And I run a liftgate 95% of the time.

8089ADAA-DA90-4A6D-A69D-B53DD6586299.jpg

33 years and I just broke into the top 5 on P&D list…..
CCX / Xpo retired here. It took me 26 years before I could get every vacation pick that I wanted. A number of years ago A new guy at our terminal was very upset one day. He said you guys do your vacation picks all wrong! We young guys with kids still at home should get the holiday weeks off. I politely told him he was in the wrong kind of work if that is what he thought.

CCX / Xpo retired here. It took me 26 years before I could get every vacation pick that I wanted. A number of years ago A new guy at our terminal was very upset one day. He said you guys do your vacation picks all wrong! We young guys with kids still at home should get the holiday weeks off. I politely told him he was in the wrong kind of work if that is what he thought.
Hahaha, I’ve heard that too. I’ve heard it from new, young so called stud drivers also. Thank God I am getting away from it all.

Hahaha, I’ve heard that too. I’ve heard it from new, young so called stud drivers also. Thank God I am getting away from it all.
One of PIE's good points, they worked it so new hires could get a vacation in prime times.