ODFL | Morale

I tend to agree with your statement. But isn’t that the recent way things are. Years ago, we had Christmas banquets, everyone received a free Turkey for Thanksgiving, you was honored for major accomplishments. Now a days, it’s all about numbers, profit, shareholders and getting the most out of each employee. With the years I have put in at OD, I’ve seen things change a bit. Not that bad, but there’s been some change. It’s because that’s how the new modern world of business is. It’s in every large company.
My morale has changed. It’s all about me, now. I’ve had a good run with OD. I’ve accomplished all my goals. Management has treated me fairly. I’ve made good money. It’s time for me to saddle my horse and ride into the sunset. I’m retiring.
To all of my brothers and sisters driving, just do your job and keep under the radar.
Driver when your last week,, congratulations idk, I might go a few more years…,, I know some people really wanting me to go so they get what I gots, so it encourages me to stay driver

And don't even get me started on the 148 piece Samsonite delivery I had yesterday. Most of it was loaded loose in the nose of a 48. Part of it was on an 8 ft pallet. Which I can barely move to the rear much less drop with a liftgate. And it's not the first time they've given me one of those SOB pallets.
It reminds me of the Yankee Candle account that I delivered back in 06. Some shopping mall, you had to back into the man door, handle every box of various sizes, wheel them down the hall and out into the mall, then down another hall and into the store. In the freaking rain. Then the new manager there expected me to stack them on the shelves. That didn’t happen

Congratulations drivers reach out to me,, I fill ya in on the gossip if you ever need it,,, also go put a maga sticker on tb’s desk when he ain’t lookin,,, will look for your rv parked out front of the terminal making a camp fire no?
No, I’m going to start fishing all the lakes and rivers around here. In the spring go up into Montana and hopefully do some fly fishing

No, I’m going to start fishing all the lakes and rivers around here. In the spring go up into Montana and hopefully do some fly fishing
Just know one of od best drivers here is wishing you best.,, thank you for your years of safe driving,,, your experience will never be replicated by these pathetic dock to driver grads that take 8 months to pass their exam.,,,

Congrats on your earned time off Fly.
As you know I've been retired since 1990, I'll give you some advice on retardment, I find you can go all day long doing absolutely nothing but never know when you are finished.
My time is also about up here on TB since goats, grass mowing, and 102" trailers are all that's mentioned.
We're thinking about moving NW to see if we can get mama a job with Billy's Lawncare.

I tend to agree with your statement. But isn’t that the recent way things are. Years ago, we had Christmas banquets, everyone received a free Turkey for Thanksgiving, you was honored for major accomplishments. Now a days, it’s all about numbers, profit, shareholders and getting the most out of each employee. With the years I have put in at OD, I’ve seen things change a bit. Not that bad, but there’s been some change. It’s because that’s how the new modern world of business is. It’s in every large company.
My morale has changed. It’s all about me, now. I’ve had a good run with OD. I’ve accomplished all my goals. Management has treated me fairly. I’ve made good money. It’s time for me to saddle my horse and ride into the sunset. I’m retiring.
To all of my brothers and sisters driving, just do your job and keep under the radar.