More Bad News

jellybean28

TB Lurker
Credits
I usually don't post but just read the messages, however I hope that I am not jumping the gun with this news.

I have this on reasonably good authority that the owner of the property at J3 was there on site and putting padlock on the gates about an hour and a half ago.

I am a road driver on the second wave layoff list and asked what I was supposed to do with truck, load and equipment as I was enroute to J3. Told to contact Central for disposition.

It seems to me that whatever else, Jevic has just driven the last coffin nail in the casket. Man the Lifeboats! The next move appears to be that you are on your own.

Good Luck to you all. JB28

I just got a call from a friend of mine and she said its true. The gates at J3 are padlocked. She cant even get in to get her pick-up truck. The owner locked the gates for non-payment of rent. Said the rent hasnt been paid in over 3 months. It just keeps getting worse. I also notice the most vocal supporters have been pretty quiet for the last couple of days. Geesh. :nutkick:

I too was a supporter but one cannot ignore the facts. I don't see any way the company can repair the damage to their reputation with their employees or customers.

I you were a shipper would you dare put a load on this company knowing this situation? Would you as a driver (if you survived the cuts) would you go out again?

I wish it did not have to end this way! This was
a solid gold company now quite tarnished!

I hate to see anybody loose their job but i must say,what goes around comes around.I used to work for a New Jersey based company who's core business was the transportation of chemicals and other related materials.Due to companies like jevic cutting the rates so bad we were unable to compete anymore do to in part the union wages and fringes we were earning.So it was the companies decision to close down at the end of our contract rather then go bankrupt.So do i feel bad for freight companies like Jevic that are on the balls of their heels?HELL NO!!Peace out!

the owner closed and locked the gates they are 4months bhind on rent will reopen at 10:00 a.m.monday morning per opts manager at j3 and his conversation with the security to let drivers retrieve there personal belongings but NO TRUCK TRLR IS LEAVIN until paid infull

Which terminal is J3? I got the axe a week ago, your right, it was a good job. I loved it but when you just telemarket or broker p/u's you dont make money. that should have been a huge clue for every one to bail. So please Drivers look for a job now beacuse the driver pool is getting larger and it is getting harder to get a job.

Which terminal is J3? I got the axe a week ago, your right, it was a good job. I loved it but when you just telemarket or broker p/u's you dont make money. that should have been a huge clue for every one to bail. So please Drivers look for a job now beacuse the driver pool is getting larger and it is getting harder to get a job.
J3 concord NC

Woooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Well, looks like the owner of the property at J3 wants one year paid in full before he opens the gates again. UH, it don't look like we will be back at work for a little while. I bet these yahoos were trying to stiff the owner and holding him off until they closed down and the poor guy would not get any money out of Jevic. Dang I hope we still get paid. Now we got local and regional freight sitting on the dock that is due Monday. Oh well, don't worry fellas, y'all will still have a job at the other terminals............LOL. Ok I can't say that without laughing. Play the Gilligan's Island Theme once again........:butt kiss::nutkick::hysterical::chairshot:

:Pick-Me::smilies-19296::gathering:
Well, looks like the owner of the property at J3 wants one year paid in full before he opens the gates again. UH, it don't look like we will be back at work for a little while. I bet these yahoos were trying to stiff the owner and holding him off until they closed down and the poor guy would not get any money out of Jevic. Dang I hope we still get paid. Now we got local and regional freight sitting on the dock that is due Monday. Oh well, don't worry fellas, y'all will still have a job at the other terminals............LOL. Ok I can't say that without laughing. Play the Gilligan's Island Theme once again........:butt kiss::nutkick::hysterical::chairshot:

looks like tomorrow at 10am drivers and J3 employees only can recieve there personal belongings and vehicles nothing else is gonna move no jevic truck or tailer going to leave until owner has his money dam heard they had 4 grntees on the dock due for monday the VP and others cutting there own throat they'll make enuff off the grntees to pay this man up look whos the boss and go figure i guess i'll start my job a week or two early:

Guys, I hate to hear that some of Jevics terminals are shutting down.

I live in Memphis and was told the other day the one on Brookes Rd. shut down.
I called the terminal to try and help some of your drivers out with a job but they had already closed the doors.

I am a recruiter with a company based mainly in the southeast and mid-west.
We have LTL and truckload divisions and would be happy to talk to any of you who are in need of a job.

I dont blow smoke and I am paid based on salary, so I will not lie to you.
We do not have any LTL positions open at this time. But we do transfer guys out of truckload to local or dedicated before we hire outside the company.

If I can help any of you out, pm me and I will give you my number. I will try and answer any questions or concerns truthfully.
You have my word on that.

Guys, I hate to hear that some of Jevics terminals are shutting down.

I live in Memphis and was told the other day the one on Brookes Rd. shut down.
I called the terminal to try and help some of your drivers out with a job but they had already closed the doors.

I am a recruiter with a company based mainly in the southeast and mid-west.
We have LTL and truckload divisions and would be happy to talk to any of you who are in need of a job.

I dont blow smoke and I am paid based on salary, so I will not lie to you.
We do not have any LTL positions open at this time. But we do transfer guys out of truckload to local or dedicated before we hire outside the company.

If I can help any of you out, pm me and I will give you my number. I will try and answer any questions or concerns truthfully.
You have my word on that.

I live in SC just south of Charlotte, NC. What have you got. If you want you can PM me you email address. Or you could post the companies website.

I heard they were going to open the gates to let people in the get their personal belongings but thats all. I havent heard whether it happened or not.