Yellow | more concessions

yes I have a good day once in awhile. it is true that we are our worst enemies. I just can't wait to hear the cry babies crying about the new work rules and loosing their vacation, they where all crying about the last give backs.

yes I have a good day once in awhile. it is true that we are our worst enemies. I just can't wait to hear the cry babies crying about the new work rules and loosing their vacation, they where all crying about the last give backs.

Thats all spelled out and was listed in the updates. IMO I think the main focus here is when the Pension funds send out the notices of the changes that will apply to everyone. Thats when the real complaining will start. 18 month deferment for the pension (no contributions) and the rentry into the fund at 25% of 2009. These losses on top of the losses suffered from investments as a result of the stock market will force changes once the pllan administrators are able to crunch the numbers everyone will take a huge hit in the outcome of their stake of the retirement.
As for the last givebacks and the crying that went on I believe that was the result of the forced changes of medical and such that happened that was said wouldn't happen after the agreement was ratified. No doubt many will cry foul and claim the union said nothing about this or nothing about that. H&W and the Pension are out of the control of the company however they control in a indirect way what happens as with these give backs and the ratification allows YRC to force these changes without having control. Starve the funds and the funds will react to the changes and force an unpleasant outcome like we have seen and deal with now.
The year 2015 is now locked in and is a long time away and what was agreed will now stick for the term. Everyone must realize there is nothing to stop the changes of H&W fund and the Penison Funds. If they need to react during these periods there is no vote, and if they continue to reduce coverage and reduce what the entitlement would be at retirement there is nothing to stop them.

I agree with you mike and I think all is now a mute point. The average age of YRC companies employees are I believe reported at 50 it's no wonder these concessions are ratified. And it maybe that if and when the economy rebounds and the older ones begin to retire and possibly people jumping ship and leaving the company it very well in the end result there will not be enough working for the company to support those fifty year old soon to retire persons.

There is alot to think about and absorb.

Maybe this would be a good forum for the yes men to make suggestions to the company about what they would like to give up in the next round of concessions. There might be some juicy givebacks that the company hasn't even thought of. Let's hear it, what do you want to give up next?

Maybe this would be a good forum for the yes men to make suggestions to the company about what they would like to give up in the next round of concessions. There might be some juicy givebacks that the company hasn't even thought of. Let's hear it, what do you want to give up next?

I bet their are just as many no guys here.
Good luck to all of you either way, I don't like to put my opinion here because I am not a Union guy but I am going to this one time...

If the economy were good, I would have told YRC to stick it up their arse.
With the economy bad, they hold all the cards and power plays and until this economy improves, as always, the workers are the ones who are gonna take it up the you know what... I would have voted yes, not happily but I would have voted yes in order to live to fight another day...

If there were 200 Union trucking companies out there to go to work for, that would have been contributing to my pension, I would have left and voted no because the odds are in my favor, right now sadly, the odds are not in your favor but you live to fight another day for what you believe in... sometimes in life you actually have to move backwards to move forward...

Good luck to all of you, I wish you nothing but the best

thanks jeff for all the info you provide us with . and letting some of us just come here and vent when needed.

thanks jeff for all the info you provide us with . and letting some of us just come here and vent when needed.

It's all good driver, knowledge is power, I learn something everyday here, I hope others do as well.

no doubt snake eyes . i tried to tell them but the yes guys got their way . now its time to move or move out.

who ? you ... me ? some else ? nice 1st post .nothing like being late for dinner. cya the party is over

This is not a good day, I think now most teamsters are so beaten down they can't think straight, this sucks!!!

It is a good day the union is still alive and has a place to rebuild from, if voted down and YRC closed the union foot print in the market would have been reduced to ABF, the non's would have cut wages and bennies and forced ABF into the same corner we're in currently, the pendulum will swing back the other way but the economy needs to improve greatly first.

It is a good day the union is still alive and has a place to rebuild from, if voted down and YRC closed the union foot print in the market would have been reduced to ABF, the non's would have cut wages and bennies and forced ABF into the same corner we're in currently, the pendulum will swing back the other way but the economy needs to improve greatly first.
Same old lie!!! Rebuild what? This union is a joke!!!