Central Transport | more cuts for vitran and pjax

How can anyone say that Vitran bought a money pit? PJAX was doing very well before being bought by Vitran. 'The economy is killing everyone out there. I suppose that Overland was a very profitable compnay. I have said this before but all of you jealous Chris and Overland Drivers, remember Vitran Express did not buy PJAX, Vitran Corp out of Canada bought PJAX. We are all working to become one company, lets act like it! Do you think that they would put a PJAX guy in charge of US LTL if PJAX was losing money? Use your head not your CB!

The only reason that we may be a dirtbag company is because of some of the dirtbags that they made the mistake of hiring...if you are so miserable please go find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and QUIT...it is attitudes like yours that ruin a decent place to work

The only reason that we may be a dirtbag company is because of some of the dirtbags that they made the mistake of hiring...if you are so miserable please go find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and QUIT...it is attitudes like yours that ruin a decent place to work

you are out of touch with the workforce !

Im glad you think its a decent place to work, I think it could be alot better they could start by getting us all on the same pay scale alot of guys doing the same job and more work for alot less money. Hard to put your hart in it knowing the guy in front of you is making 75 to 100 more than you for the same work.

10% cut for vitran and pjax and 10% raise for chris drivers every one will be at .48 by january:nutkick:

Wow-never lets up. If you get .48, you will be getting more than 80% of current drivers. So, I doubt the cut /raise will happen. Pjax/Vitran don't do raises , so that's the big hole in your story :biglaugh:

Everyone wanting pay to be the same, there are some that need to have theirs cut even more. I think we have all heard the saying: "Work - get paid, don't work - don't get paid."

Punching in and being on the clock, does not mean working.

Sorry, just had to vent, after watching many sitting on their butt, stealing money. No wonder we got a pay cut.

I dont see anything wrong with making the same amount of money as the person standing next to you doing the same job, but I have a big problem when you feel that they should have their pay cut to satisfy your insecurity. It would be great if Vitran would give a raise to make everyone equal in pay but that reality did not even exist before they started buying companies. Be happy with what you got before they figure out how to cut all of our pay. This same situation happened when we use to get payed for drop and hooks. First we got payed by the hour, then some people complained that it only takes them 30 minutes and that they had to stand around for 30 minutes when they could have been 30 minutes down the road. So Vitran changed it to $5 a trailer which was great, but some people wanted to get payed by the hour and buy the trailer and some wanted to get payed for 2 trailers when actually they dropped the whole set and should have only got payed for 1 trailer, now look we dont get payed for any of it. I guess we won't be happy with ourselves until everyone loses everything and then there will be no reason to work in this hell hole anymore.

now look we dont get payed for any of it. I guess we won't be happy with ourselves until everyone loses everything and then there will be no reason to work in this hell hole anymore.
As the old saying goes...."we are our own worst enemies!"

just a quick question from an r&l driver. anyone know what the deal is with vitran pulling our trailers across the ill,ohio, and ind. turnpikes???we are in the same shape you guys are, layoffs, cutsin 401k ,etc., and cant afford for our company to give our work away,not enough now to go around.they are already killing us with other outside carriers,schneider,crst,etc. and we sure dont need this. thanks for your time.:hyper:

just a quick question from an r&l driver. anyone know what the deal is with vitran pulling our trailers across the ill,ohio, and ind. turnpikes???we are in the same shape you guys are, layoffs, cutsin 401k ,etc., and cant afford for our company to give our work away,not enough now to go around.they are already killing us with other outside carriers,schneider,crst,etc. and we sure dont need this. thanks for your time.:hyper:

i pretty much drive everyday inbetween cleveland and chicago on the turnpike and ive never seen one of us pull your trailers .. ive never seen one of your trailers at my terminal either

:ranting2:thanks for the reply.was posted on our board some drivers saw this.who knows. these companies are trying some strange things lately. we are now with no personal days, no 401k match, 500 people or more laid off,closing terminals.i guess with you guys im singing to the choir, tho huh!