FedEx Freight | More furloughs/relocations announced.

Is it true that when you come back from furlough you have to pay back the money that FedEx payed for your health care.
Yes it is true.
Roughly $10.00 a week for vision,$10.00 a week for dental and $50.00 a week for medical.
I took the Dec furlough and vision was caught up after 7 weeks, dental and medical will be caught up after 11 weeks for the plans I am on.

Sooo its gonna be forever until they hiring again? Im with ground contractor and the pay is terrible

I don't think you understand how much worse this is going to get.

Unemployment is expected to rise 1%

Interest rates were raised 0.25%, so it's at 5.25% now and no mention if that's the last increase.

That means that the businesses and people that rely on credit are going to stop spending. That means manufacturing and production industries start to plummet and those people stop working and they also stop spending. Because of this, banks are going to tighten up on the credit flow.

This is just the beginning.

Last edited:
Oh I know jpow has been in the passenger seat 2 yrs. Just weird how everyone but them has me offers in my area. May just take estes cause they seem the best pay wise

I don't think you understand how much worse this is going to get.

Unemployment is expected to rise 1%

Interest rates were raised 0.25%, so it's at 5.25% now and no mention if that's the last increase.

That means that the businesses and people that rely on credit are going to stop spending. That means manufacturing and production industries start to plummet and those people stop working and they also stop spending. Because of this, banks are going to tighten up on the credit flow.

This is just the beginning.

Exactly.

Has anyone been into a Walmart or Target on a weekend? They're dead.

Did they mail you something that said it was for furlough?
I don’t have the ADP app, does it say something on there?
I got some money deposited too. I thought we got money for the furlough(s) only after we came back to work.

Did they mail you something that said it was for furlough?
I don’t have the ADP app, does it say something on there?
I got some money deposited too. I thought we got money for the furlough(s) only after we came back to work.

It says misc comp. I didn't get anything in the mail other than paperwork for my added benefits informing that I had to go to choosewell to reinstate them.

It was also my understanding that we got that compensation upon return.

It says misc comp. I didn't get anything in the mail other than paperwork for my added benefits informing that I had to go to choosewell to reinstate them.

It was also my understanding that we got that compensation upon return.
Hmm. The only deposit I got during furlough was for the bonus.

I got my furlough money, but I wasn't expecting it because I'm still on furlough and I thought this had some stipulations attached.

I'm wondering if FedEx is just saying eff it, take the money you don't have to come back if you don't want to.
I got my money too. Now I'm wondering if that will interfere with unemployment. Was not expecting to get paid until I got back and already certified for that week. Also before the furlough I had a vacation put in, in a few weeks.. I wonder if I should call to cancel that just in case they pay me for that too lol. I'd assume they wouldn't.

I got my money too. Now I'm wondering if that will interfere with unemployment. Was not expecting to get paid until I got back and already certified for that week. Also before the furlough I had a vacation put in, in a few weeks.. I wonder if I should call to cancel that just in case they pay me for that too lol. I'd assume they wouldn't.

It will, that's how I found about it. Unemployment is now investigating me thanks to FedEx and "missing wages" in my claim.

Guess I better check my messages on the site.. they must have paid everyone then. No way they only paid us.. I would think unemployment would only take back the week fedex paid out. Then again id assume they want to know why. I'm wondering if the people who took it in November and then again in March got paid when they were off or got both payments when they came back.

I wouldn't even know what to tell them if unemployment asked what the payment was for. A late bonus lol idk no clue. Yeah fedex screwed us on that. Definitely wasn't expecting the pay out while still off.