FedEx Freight | More furloughs/relocations announced.

They email you a week before. Return date is a Monday according to the information they gave me. I’m not aware of any early returns to work, I’m in the Chicagoland area.
Yeah idk, I was one of the last people to get it and others that I talk to at the job keep giving me ::shit:: about how they let a few people go since the furlough and the bottom guys are going to get a call back.. it means nothing, they are just trying to ruin my enjoyment because they didn't get it I guess. Smh.

No. Either someone will strike and we’ll get slammed, or FedEx will show their plan B for the Freight division. 🍿
The union carriers don't move enough freight where them striking would move the needle more than 2% for Fx Freight.

Yellow, Tforce and ABF could close the doors today, and the other existing carriers could absorb their freight without much fanfare.

The union carriers don't move enough freight where them striking would move the needle more than 2% for Fx Freight.

Yellow, Tforce and ABF could close the doors today, and the other existing carriers could absorb their freight without much fanfare.
In 2022, the combined revenue at Yellow, Tforce and ABF equaled that of FedEx Freight. By my math, that could double ours. By FedEx math, that would likely equal 2%.

Last edited:
In 2022, the combined revenue at Yellow, Tforce and ABF equaled that of FedEx Freight. By my math, that could double ours. By FedEx math, that would likely equal 2%.
Not sure where you got those #s, but those 3 combined equal HALF of FxF's 2022 revenue. Hell, ABF's 2022 revenue was less than 1 Billion.

Then, divide that by the 8 or so other carriers. (FxF won't get every piece of freight. It will be divided between other carriers), and it just won't be that much extra freight for Freight.

Not sure where you got those #s, but those 3 combined equal HALF of FxF's 2022 revenue. Hell, ABF's 2022 revenue was less than 1 Billion.

Then, divide that by the 8 or so other carriers. (FxF won't get every piece of freight. It will be divided between other carriers), and it just won't be that much extra freight for Freight.
2022 top LTL

If YRC closed tomorrow I'm sure all our furloughed drivers would be called back.
I'm talking all segments of the YRC family.
You have to consider their volume... Not just revenue.

I think it would be bigger than that. Hiring again, scooping up some union drivers.

That is a significant amount of freight, IF SALES chooses to go after it.

Don't get me wrong, it'll be absorbed... Less so by FXFE, than others, due to price. Still, capacity will be strained. OT for everyone, like or not. I think

Our terminal is aware of the potential UPS strike and Yellow being on thin ice. So we have been tasked with wearing rainbow wigs and approaching businesses about freight.

We have to coast into their parking lots and tell them we have an electric fleet and they have made Dylan Mulvaney magnets to put on the trailer doors. It hasn't generated any more freight yet, but FedEx is playing the long game.

Our terminal is aware of the potential UPS strike and Yellow being on thin ice. So we have been tasked with wearing rainbow wigs and approaching businesses about freight.

We have to coast into their parking lots and tell them we have an electric fleet and they have made Dylan Mulvaney magnets to put on the trailer doors. It hasn't generated any more freight yet, but FedEx is playing the long game.
Has Kid Rock shot at any of your trailers yet? :smile new:

Yoh should feel right at home...

Yoh should feel right at home...
Well, if I start generating more freight its gonna affect you too. Instead of just drinking coffee with your lesbian terminal manager, you will be buying her Rosie O'Donnell posters and tickets to the Ellen show just so you can get off work to kiss your boyfriend AZpilot.

Last edited:
Well, if I start generating more freight its gonna affect you too. Instead of just drinking coffee with your lesbian terminal manager, you will be buying her Rosie O'Donnell posters and tickets to the Ellen show just so you can get off work to kiss your boyfriend AZpilot.
Sounds like deep seated homophobe problems...

Sounds like deep seated homophobe problems...

You need to think about your future too and get on board getting more freight for Fedex. Can you imagine starting over at your age and having to suck up to a new boss?

What if they don't like middle aged impotent annoying pricks? What are you gonna do then, teach classes on filling out bankruptcy paperwork? Maybe live out your dream touring as Elton John's body double?

Get on board with Team Purple, Brassy.