SAIA | More layoffs coming 11-20

CWman

TB Lurker
Credits
The rumor in atlanta is there's more layoffs coming next Friday 11-20. Their also saying that's the day they'll anounce pay cuts to start January 1st.... Anyone else heard this or is it as meaningless as the dhl rumor?

I've heard of the "round 2" of layoffs coming soon.. I haven't heard of any paycut, nor do I think it's warranted at this time.

The rumor in atlanta is there's more layoffs coming next Friday 11-20. Their also saying that's the day they'll anounce pay cuts to start January 1st.... Anyone else heard this or is it as meaningless as the dhl rumor?
Stop making ::shit:: up

I don't believe it.

Last edited:
Ummm.. Whoever said that the people responsible for the layoff were decent people? Laying off people and being decent are mutually exclusive. These are people in survival mode, and in order to save their (and their cronies) rear ends they layoff the actual labor force of Saia. I would call that far from decent.

Ummm.. Whoever said that the people responsible for the layoff were decent people? Laying off people and being decent are mutually exclusive. These are people in survival mode, and in order to save their (and their cronies) rear ends they layoff the actual labor force of Saia. I would call that far from decent.
You are very cynical. You have a contemptuous distrust of human nature and motives. You are a faultfinding captious critic. You believe that human conduct is motivated wholly by self-interest. You have a pessimistic view of human nature. Not all people sitting behind desk get joy in having to let people go. As a matter of fact many feel extremely bad and have many sleepless nights because of it. Yet you want to categorize them as being in survivor mode. You want view them all as being trite with the attitude "you win some, you lose some" ... Your dead wrong.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, Dr. Freud is on this forum and goes by the handle runaway train. Sleepless nights? I seriously doubt that, unless they think they are on the chopping block. I'm just calling it how I see it, calling a spade a spade, if you will.

Wouldn't it be odd that they gave raises in July, then would do a cut 6 months later?
Stop talking a layoff up and pay cut. Remember some of the management read this, so why give them ideas of such. They start thinking, the men don't want to work so give them wish.

Stop talking a layoff up and pay cut. Remember some of the management read this, so why give them ideas of such. They start thinking, the men don't want to work so give them wish.
Big Buck is a former employee that has an axe to grind. She is educated and very bright but is unable to let things go. Yes, the Buck is a woman. Big Buck thinks I'm Dr. Freud and perhaps thinks I'm a bit philosophical. Who I am is complicated. What I am is easier. Have a good day driver.

Listen guys I don't like being negative either but all you gotta do is open your eyes 400+ people were let go two weeks ago and it has not made that much difference. Still multiple people getting cut every night sometimes twice or three times a week !!!the stock price is at $23 and hasn't budged for almost 3 weeks. the investors are not happy !!! if you paid attention when we got the raise that's when the stock started coming down these share holders are here for one thing and that's to make money and yes management and the shareholders do read this they said so in the first few lines of the transcript from the conference call here is the proof.

I don't know if you are on trucking boards and whatnot, but -- or you have someone that covers that type stuff, but we did a --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have looked at it, but not in the last week or so. (laughter)

---------------------------------------------------------
And it's not only saia we are just the first ones taking action I know of teams at od that haven't been out in almost two weeks a friend at a mid sized southeastern terminal that said they are cutting as many as 8-10 runs per night it's this way all over even at Conway with all the xpo hype those guys aren't getting to work either. The scary part is there a has been no influx of Christmas freight and all the Black Friday freight is already been shipped now that's scary !!!! I'm not trying to be negative or frighten people I'm just being real and sometimes being real hurts. truth is more than likely there will be another layoff maybe hopefully I pray there won't but either way people you need to have a plan in place and get you some prospects in line in case it happens to you . And if we do take a pay cut so be it if that's what it takes to get the company back on solid ground and keep my job I'm all for it as we have seen sooner or later we will get it back . Remember how surprised everyone was when the jumped from .56 to .60 I knew then that it was risky for them to make an increase that big at one time . And actually kept it in the back of my mind that if times got hard they would either cut it or the 10 year free insurance out . Just one more littl thing I know people on here are skeptical about the upper management of this company they got us through 2008 without closing the doers whe a lot of others did close their doors . another thing in the conference call that shows they do care about the employees is the part where rick o stood up for us when the investors were grilling him about the raise . Just hold on to your ankles guys because it's not getting any better until this election is over .

Iv heard it from multiple people, not making anything up.... Just curious if it's been talked about anywhere else.
If i came on here and posted everytime i hear a rumor from multiple people, i would be logged on 24/7 with non-stop posts ! There is all sorts of stuff flying around the pipe right now. Usually they start off as one thing and by the time it makes it down the line it has transformed into something else. Just chill because it is just that , a rumor.