Yellow | More LTL carriers may follow AAA Cooper to the altar, consultant says

Let's be clear. There was not, and hopefully is not, a union rep anywhere above the shop level that does not have a company mindset. It is the company that provides the job, it's not your job, and the company that provides the entire compensation package, all of it. How many times have you been to grievance hearings and lost or won half of the backpay or settled for the best you could get? Everytime you lose or get less than you deserve, it's because a union member of the panel voted with the employers.
"Win back the loyalty of the employees". Read the posts on any company forum and show me where employees are not constantly complaining about pay, vacations, benefits and every other part of the job. $30 an hour, 74 cents a mile, great benefits and it's never enough. After 4 years in college, 3 years in medical school and a year of internship, a resident physician makes less than a linehaul driver. Forget loyalty. There should be just a bit of gratitude.
I have found that OD and Dayton drivers very seldom bitch.

I just had a buddy that started at Dayton in July running linehaul.
1st week took home 1400 in 5 days
2nd week 1600
3rd week 1700
4th week I never heard
5th week got fired for a real ******** reason, no union and on probation nothing he could do.
Lets get Razorblade involved...maybe he can organize them....he did say he had been a union organizer...I could hear his pitch now...you are still fired....I agree with the company....you want to join? LMAO

Actually he was in a yard and walked to the back of his trailer and whipped it out and peed with a camera pointed right at him. Next day his TM asks him about it and he denied it not knowing they had him on camera and they fired him for lying. That's what I was told anyhow.
Damn that sucks, I am more of a glass half full kind of a guy, so maybe you could cheer him up by telling him when that video gets out on the internet he may have just found himself a new career...