Yellow | MOU suspended until further notice

R

Roaddogg

We got word Friday at terminal 896 Orange Ca, that the MOU was suspended until further notice. Has any other terminal got word of this? We were told that there is some "confusion" on the labor side. Our manager was going to start implementation this monday and lay-off 4 guys, cut 3 outbound bids and told the steward he would replace those bids with 4 hour laid-off's. The steward was told to advise the manager that any diversion of this agreement will result in a 72 hour notice to strike.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got word Friday at terminal 896 Orange Ca, that the MOU was suspended until further notice. Has any other terminal got word of this? We were told that there is some "confusion" on the labor side. Our manager was going to start implementation this monday and lay-off 4 guys, cut 3 outbound bids and told the steward he would replace those bids with 4 hour laid-off's. The steward was told to advise the manager that any diversion of this agreement will result in a 72 hour notice to strike.
Whaaaaat!!!! I've been on strike for years I don't need no stinking notice.

The term MOU has seems to have to many meanings, the new terms we just voted on, time off (what I call a leave of absence), anyone care to enlighten me is this a new catch all saying or does it have a specific purpose?

The term MOU has seems to have to many meanings, the new terms we just voted on, time off (what I call a leave of absence), anyone care to enlighten me is this a new catch all saying or does it have a specific purpose?
"Memorandum Of Understanding", of course none of it makes any sense, they should call it the "MumboJumbo Of Unorganization"

I don't know which is worst the Company or the Union, it's what 2 months after the handshake and now they don't know what they agreed on?

I don't know which is worst the Company or the Union, it's what 2 months after the handshake and now they don't know what they agreed on?
Reminds me of the Health Care Bill. We have to vote it through to find out what's in it, but the sad thing is there wasn't anything written down, for anyone to read or to even know about. Don't you love surprises?

5dfde102.jpg
too bad that so many just post bs but nobody reads the links that have been out for weeks before the vote.

The 4 hr cartage deal seems to be causing wide spread confusion and needs to explained by a BA without going to u-tube.. to not only terminal managers but the paranoid rank and file..10% of the list max with a minimum of two: guaranteed 8 hrs if work past 6 hours at the current rate with benefits if hours worked. Company cannot layoff to achieve this

so, Teamster members would get a $1.75 pension contribution. The new concessions would include:

* Road drivers drop and hook at end-of-line terminals, even when yard crews are on duty.

* A new classification of 4-hour cartage part-timers would be created, up to 10% of the seniority list with a minimum of two.

* Teamsters with four or more weeks vacation give up one week per year.

* Coffee breaks cut from 15 to 10 minutes, in states where legal.

* Road casuals allowed everywhere, including the Central Region.

* Lunch breaks 30 or 60 minutes, at the company’s discretion on a daily basis.

* Sunday through Saturday flex work week, in all areas.

* And some other work rule changes affecting certain locals.

The 15% wage concession would continue for 4.5 years, with annual increases of 40c-45c-40c-40c, minus the 15%. Health and welfare continue as at present, with annual bumps of 35c to keep it funded.

I am referring to the YRC work rules that are subject to change for each terminal with the next COO, not the contract.

its a secret and i was told here by the experts when i told them about it b4 the vote that i was blowin smoke and it wasnt gonna happen ....... wanna bet ?

There's been one floating around for awhile now, I thought they were holding it because of the vote but the current rumor is the banks won't let them spend the money to do it.

i was thinking they might get it done b4 they hammer out the language on this mou .why waste the time and money argueing over this at a terminal that will be closed.