AAA Cooper | Moving Forward

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
What are the plans moving forward ? Will Knight Swift acquire more companies to fill in the US blueprint ? Will there be a name change combining the operating units under one brand ? Are you seeing a increase in tonnage with freight going to states that are now serviced directly ?

What are the plans moving forward ? Will Knight Swift acquire more companies to fill in the US blueprint ? Will there be a name change combining the operating units under one brand ? Are you seeing a increase in tonnage with freight going to states that are now serviced directly ?
they went after Pitt Ohio and Duie Pyle in the Northeast but both turned them down. Rumor was they were going afterward but that seemed to die down with the slowing of LTL around the country

they went after Pitt Ohio and Duie Pyle in the Northeast but both turned them down. Rumor was they were going afterward but that seemed to die down with the slowing of LTL around the country
Would make alot of sense for them. Plus Pyle is a very good carrier.

They could always buy YRCW . Market cap right now 153 million (this does not include lets say a billion or 4 in liabilities) . close the company for six months and open it back up without the union. Just an idea

Unfortunately there are not many LTL Carriers now days. More so in the East and Midwest.
No one will ever purchase a union carrier due to pension liabilities.
It costs so much to purchase terminals then you have to find good LTL drivers.
They have a difficult task if they want to put together a nationwide company.
Best to sit tight, my hunch is we may see a big carrier die off soon....

Having worked for aaa for more than 2 decades... they need to focus on moving freight claims free.... like OD does. Problem is, every time freight goes up, I watch the OSD bay fill up... if you can't move freight without tearing it up, you won't grow the customer base, and keep current customers from looking elsewhere, to move their freight... having people take pride in what they do, makes a world of difference... but these are different times... management is all about numbers and BS safety features/cameras on equipment... and most employees aren't concerned with quality. Either way... any company that has the leader's in place to motivate employees will succeed. Keep on truckin' AAA & MME.

Having worked for aaa for more than 2 decades... they need to focus on moving freight claims free.... like OD does. Problem is, every time freight goes up, I watch the OSD bay fill up... if you can't move freight without tearing it up, you won't grow the customer base, and keep current customers from looking elsewhere, to move their freight... having people take pride in what they do, makes a world of difference... but these are different times... management is all about numbers and BS safety features/cameras on equipment... and most employees aren't concerned with quality. Either way... any company that has the leader's in place to motivate employees will succeed. Keep on truckin' AAA & MME.
Curious as to what AAA is paying P&D drivers and road drivers now?

Unfortunately there are not many LTL Carriers now days. More so in the East and Midwest.
No one will ever purchase a union carrier due to pension liabilities.
It costs so much to purchase terminals then you have to find good LTL drivers.
They have a difficult task if they want to put together a nationwide company.
Best to sit tight, my hunch is we may see a big carrier die off soon....
regardless of what my old company (Aye=Be-Fuh) says, the T-Force buyout of UPS Freight and a large share of Aye-Be-Fuh stock, ain't just
for show...AND Yellow...oh well, 2023 will be interesting to watch..or maybe carry over to the end of the 1st qtr 2024. Sit tight, my friends...-