Estes | Moving On

Quite the contrary, I was in the interview process with ABF at the same time and picked the better carrier in terms of being a linehaul driver.

Estes May pay slightly better in terms of mileage pay, but that’s literally the only advantage over ABF.
Go with ABF for sure if for only the benefits and one very important thing is your not just an employee at will . I promise you that those union dues will be the best investment for you and your family.

Doubt union has any issue at all. Heck my terminal just brought on a lot of ex-nemf people.

You're looking at dock I'm guessing? Are you applying for full time dock positions? At my terminal least, the full time dock positions are basically just for internal promotions, though they still have to post them. We bring new people in as part time then promote to full down the road.
In the last 30 years, by having previously worked at a union ltl company in my portfolio , it has had a negative effect when I pursuited employment at a non-union company. I will acknowledge in todays standard it probably won't matter because of the shortage

Go with ABF for sure if for only the benefits and one very important thing is your not just an employee at will . I promise you that those union dues will be the best investment for you and your family.
18 years & never paid for my medical each week. Totally free. Cost me 60 bucks a month for dues. Family coverage as good as C-6 will cost you 150.00 per week, if you can find it. Best 60 bucks a month I ever spent. Except for stealing or fighting your BA or Local will get your job back if you are fired. Positive drug test, you go to rehab & come back 6 weeks later. CBA's are progressive when it comes to punishment. You are given ample chance to correct issues you have between you & the company. von.

18 years & never paid for my medical each week. Totally free. Cost me 60 bucks a month for dues. Family coverage as good as C-6 will cost you 150.00 per week, if you can find it. Best 60 bucks a month I ever spent. Except for stealing or fighting your BA or Local will get your job back if you are fired. Positive drug test, you go to rehab & come back 6 weeks later. CBA's are progressive when it comes to punishment. You are given ample chance to correct issues you have between you & the company. von.

Exactly why ill never work at a union carrier. They protect people who shouldnt be employed there. I dont want to work with people who KNOW you cant use drugs and drive an 80000lb vehicle and do it anyway.

All other manner of screw ups, "oh dont worry about it, have as many accidents as you like, talk trash to your supervisor because you cant be fired, we will protect you". No accountability or personal responsibility whatsoever.

Exactly why ill never work at a union carrier. They protect people who shouldnt be employed there. I dont want to work with people who KNOW you cant use drugs and drive an 80000lb vehicle and do it anyway.

All other manner of screw ups, "oh dont worry about it, have as many accidents as you like, talk trash to your supervisor because you cant be fired, we will protect you". No accountability or personal responsibility whatsoever.
False positives happens at a non your toast you give a sample at the clinic and when you leave you have no clue whats happening with what is your property there has been reports the samples are in hot humid courier van with labels sweating off

You failed to mention, there's less favoritism,nepotism and suck azz at a union carrier.
Of course, if your brother in law or best friend is the boss, you don't need union protection, you have your own.
I'd like to see your facts that union employees are drug users more than non union.
No accountability or responsibility? you're living in la la land.

You failed to mention, there's less favoritism,nepotism and suck azz at a union carrier.
Of course, if your brother in law or best friend is the boss, you don't need union protection, you have your own.
I'd like to see your facts that union employees are drug users more than non union.
Heres what i got at my non , drivers letting trailer fall off , pulling wrong trailer number , running with flat tire , lites out , no idea what destination is on their paperwork , hooking trailer in dock and hitting the streets rollup door wide open , cracking up front ends and returning tractor to the parking spot without saying a word , drivers not logging out at end of shift so next shift their all messed up and the worst part is they do all this 100% sober !

Sea, there is no fact to substantiate that union employees are drug abusers . We were never told in advance that we were going to be tested at random All this testing comes from the DOT so how can that be fixed when the nurse is standing out side of the door . Having said that many years back the company had to give us a 30 day notice that we were going to be tested as part of our contract but were going back 35 -40 years . As far as drivers leaving the yard with flat tires and open doors etc sounds like a nonunion issue by rushing these guys out the yard . Dispatcher tell's these guys with flat tires or broken doors to write it up tonight .One day a nonunion guy backs in next to me and the guy had no passenger door on a new Chevy or GMC straight truck. Naturally out of curiosity I asked the driver . He told me that during the night someone stole his door . I venture to say that wouldn't happen at a union barn .

Sea, there is no fact to substantiate that union employees are drug abusers . We were never told in advance that we were going to be tested at random All this testing comes from the DOT so how can that be fixed when the nurse is standing out side of the door . Having said that many years back the company had to give us a 30 day notice that we were going to be tested as part of our contract but were going back 35 -40 years . As far as drivers leaving the yard with flat tires and open doors etc sounds like a nonunion issue by rushing these guys out the yard . Dispatcher tell's these guys with flat tires or broken doors to write it up tonight .One day a nonunion guy backs in next to me and the guy had no passenger door on a new Chevy or GMC straight truck. Naturally out of curiosity I asked the driver . He told me that during the night someone stole his door . I venture to say that wouldn't happen at a union barn .

I'm not referring to drug testing, when a commercial vehicle has an accident involving drugs, it's just likely to be a non union employee.
Linehaul seems to think only union employees use drugs.
98 % of our supervisors treated you with respect, no need to trash talk them.
I don't know about a Chevy door, but our union brothers did steal the bulldogs off our Macks.

I'm not referring to drug testing, when a commercial vehicle has an accident involving drugs, it's just likely to be a non union employee.
Linehaul seems to think only union employees use drugs.
98 % of our supervisors treated you with respect, no need to trash talk them.
I don't know about a Chevy door, but our union brothers did steal the bulldogs off our Macks.
Well I still have my bulldog in my memorabilia box from my B67 Mack back about 50 years ago . Hell it was hardly hanging on with 1 bolt and about to hit the street at any moment . Turning in to the shop would have meant going into the scrap metal dumpster LOL.

Do you even know the difference in pay between the 2 companies? Estes hourly would blow away YRC hourly pay.
Apparently I know more than you, genius. Yrc top out is close to $25 while Estes is only $2-4 more per hour. If both work a 50 hour week then the yrc guy will take home a considerable amount more than an Estes driver. No medical insurance premiums, no 401 deductions plus overtime make a huge difference in TAKE HOME pay

Apparently I know more than you, genius. Yrc top out is close to $25 while Estes is only $2-4 more per hour. If both work a 50 hour week then the yrc guy will take home a considerable amount more than an Estes driver. No medical insurance premiums, no 401 deductions plus overtime make a huge difference in TAKE HOME pay

Did you bother to read what they just lost? %15 just in Pay, and $25 is high for them, it varies $18-$25. My terminal is paying $29 for p&d so tbe very few who mske $25 now making $21.25. $18 is now making $15.30. Soooo $29 > $21.25 $8 more per hour at 40 hours is $320 MORE dollars

Ot is 31.875 10 hours is $318.75 %
For YRCW estes driver is making $290.

So, ESTES still making $300 more than YRCW.
Estes minus $100 for health insurance and $85 for 401k. Still up $115 from YRCW $25 driver, which isnt everybody. Estes is up $115 on tbose guys, read what he said about his pension and vacation days....

Did you bother to read what they just lost? %15 just in Pay, and $25 is high for them, it varies $18-$25. My terminal is paying $29 for p&d so tbe very few who mske $25 now making $21.25. $18 is now making $15.30. Soooo $29 > $21.25 $8 more per hour at 40 hours is $320 MORE dollars

Estes minus $100 for health insurance and $85 for 401k. Still up $115 from YRCW $25 driver, which isnt everybody. Estes is up $115 on tbose guys, read what he said about his pension and vacation days....

Linehaul and extra

ESTES extra board and road drivers mileage pay far exceed what Union drivers are making as well. We can compare pay sheets and I think union can’t touch what ESTES bring home weekly. Not to mention no comparison between equipment. Sure ESTES has some loaner trucks that are less than desirable but the assigned equipment is top notch. Notice I said assigned, no slip seating. We can go all day long about who has the largest appendage but bottom line, post a copy of a pay sheet with your average miles for a week and I do same. I think you may be very suprised.

What kind of Mexican math is that? Yrc is right around 25, no more 15% cut. It's not the 8 an hour difference you think it is.

Where do you get your numbers, 31.20upnorth,money's not even close, who taught you math