Estes | Moving On

Apparently I know more than you, genius. Yrc top out is close to $25 while Estes is only $2-4 more per hour. If both work a 50 hour week then the yrc guy will take home a considerable amount more than an Estes driver. No medical insurance premiums, no 401 deductions plus overtime make a huge difference in TAKE HOME pay
When did yrc go to 25,try 23.o8,big difference

They forgot to mention waiting for the load and getting repairs at the shop. All FREE
Never waiting more than a half hour, I'll take my 72cpm over56 anyday,but then again you got the big powerful Teamsters looking out for your best interest, what a joke, they sell you down every river they cross,

Apparently I know more than you, genius. Yrc top out is close to $25 while Estes is only $2-4 more per hour. If both work a 50 hour week then the yrc guy will take home a considerable amount more than an Estes driver. No medical insurance premiums, no 401 deductions plus overtime make a huge difference in TAKE HOME pay
And how much do you take out for your pension, since yours is all but broke, and at 31.20and you at 23.08, you have to work 50hrs for what I do in 40,Sharpen up on the math

Where do you get your numbers, 31.20upnorth,money's not even close, who taught you math

I know the northeast were over $31. These people are acting like YRC is the dream job. Paycheck for paycheck Estes come out on top, in All areas (minus health insurance.) YRC will be out of business less than 2yrs, unless investors dump more money in for them to borrow. Estes bailed YRC out once before. I doubt we'll do it again, well buy their equipment and property for pennies on the dollar.

I know the northeast were over $31. These people are acting like YRC is the dream job. Paycheck for paycheck Estes come out on top, in All areas (minus health insurance.) YRC will be out of business less than 2yrs, unless investors dump more money in for them to borrow. Estes bailed YRC out once before. I doubt we'll do it again, well buy their equipment and property for pennies on the dollar.
I just don't know where he gets his numbers, its not even close, that company is staying open on the employees backs,I don't wish for anyone to lose their jobs, but the writings on the wall, their basically 8 dollars an hour behind, kinda comical when you see post like that, I'll compare take home stubs with them anyday

cEMzBeY.jpg

This from one of their earlier posts when their contract was signed. Nice.

And how much do you take out for your pension, since yours is all but broke, and at 31.20and you at 23.08, you have to work 50hrs for what I do in 40,Sharpen up on the math
Sharpen your reading skills superstar. I never said I worked there, was simply basing my math on what I read on their boards. I’m at a non that pays about the same as yours (sefl) and I also talk with holland drivers on my route and they take home more than me working a 50-55 hr week.

Last edited:
Sharpen your reading skills superstar. I never said I worked there, was simply basing my math on what I read on their boards. I’m at a non that pays about the same as yours (sefl) and I also talk with holland drivers on my route and they take home more than me working a 50-55 hr week. You condescending lout
I'm not condescending, just giving you facts, I came from Holland, sorry your feelings are hurt,

Sharpen your reading skills superstar. I never said I worked there, was simply basing my math on what I read on their boards. I’m at a non that pays about the same as yours (sefl) and I also talk with holland drivers on my route and they take home more than me working a 50-55 hr week. You condescending lout
So apparently stuff that is none of your business, or mine for that matter, so who cares really, you or I have a dog in that mess at yrc, in which they posted yesterday, they can't make their pension or health and welfare payments for April, they don't have the money, all I did is defend Estes, as we are treated very well, good people to work for, treat you with respect, pay us very well, I couldn't ask to work for a better company, so, I could care less about what happens anywhere else,

You do realize Estes makes a lot less in the south right? Don’t lie, you could care less about anyone’s feelings lol
I'm aware, I'm not looking to argue, we all do the same job, wish we all 35 an hour, think all of us in the ltl earn every penny, no matter where you work

So apparently stuff that is none of your business, or mine for that matter, so who cares really, you or I have a dog in that mess at yrc, in which they posted yesterday, they can't make their pension or health and welfare payments for April, they don't have the money, all I did is defend Estes, as we are treated very well, good people to work for, treat you with respect, pay us very well, I couldn't ask to work for a better company, so, I could care less about what happens anywhere else,
Kids in TV land dont forget estes has like 200 terminals , not all are sunshine and puppy dogs

Kids in TV land dont forget estes has like 200 terminals , not all are sunshine and puppy dogs
No different than any other freight job, all have their own good points, at the end of the day its the freight business, different color truck,.me personally no complaints, sure you can say that about all the freight companies, good bad ugly, wr all have it in this business, it is what works for you

I do not want see any one of us lose a job or have to struggle to make a living. Union vs. Non has always been a rival and for the time being, always will. :duel:. My family were union drivers back in the 60’s/70’s, those guys loved me. They were so hardcore, for good reason, I wanted to be like those guys so bad, they would probably turn over in the grave if knew I had Big E on my truck. Lol. My issue is that anytime there a controversy in the industry the pro union guys come onto non union sites and try and sell their snake oil of protection and sweet paycheck. It doesn’t take long for them to get their feelings hurt. I know I not worried about lay-off/furlough or pay being cut because that is not even been discussed here, we have actually picked up a little. I know that is not the case at all terminals but is norm for a lot. I not missed a day and have ran 2600/3100 average last 4 weeks. Not bragging and would take a day let someone else run but all that want work are working.