Estes | Moving On

Pissed Teamster

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm an employee at YRC (dock- CHI) & have been trying to get hired at Estes for sometime. I've been with YRC since 2006 while in the industry since 2005. I don't know why, but I have not had any luck at even getting an interview. Has it anything to do with being a union member? It's been awhile since I last applied, but is there any advice? Thank you! A currently disgruntled Teamster.

Doubt union has any issue at all. Heck my terminal just brought on a lot of ex-nemf people.

You're looking at dock I'm guessing? Are you applying for full time dock positions? At my terminal least, the full time dock positions are basically just for internal promotions, though they still have to post them. We bring new people in as part time then promote to full down the road.

I'm an employee at YRC (dock- CHI) & have been trying to get hired at Estes for sometime. I've been with YRC since 2006 while in the industry since 2005. I don't know why, but I have not had any luck at even getting an interview. Has it anything to do with being a union member? It's been awhile since I last applied, but is there any advice? Thank you! A currently disgruntled Teamster.
Things happen for a reason. I'd think twice about it.

Call and ask for the TM. Introduce yourself and ask for an interview. All the application processing is done at the home office now but the TM can request that they send your app to him.

Estes requires you to put your application in online, which then is processed through an agency to validate your application. If you are a favorable prospect, your app will be forwarded on to the terminal with an opening. It is a long, long process. It could be that the terminal is still trying to get through the winter slow down. If you can re-apply, try to form a friendship with an Estes employee to put in a good word for you. I usually get a prospects name and number, try to find some interesting things about him to forward to my TM. I tell the prospect to text me when they complete the app. I will then tell the TM that so and so seems to be possibly a good person to hire. Good Luck, have patience.

Been five weeks since my interview . They said will hire me. The driver recruiter I keep calling says its being processed just keep waiting .

Estes requires you to put your application in online, which then is processed through an agency to validate your application. If you are a favorable prospect, your app will be forwarded on to the terminal with an opening. It is a long, long process. It could be that the terminal is still trying to get through the winter slow down. If you can re-apply, try to form a friendship with an Estes employee to put in a good word for you. I usually get a prospects name and number, try to find some interesting things about him to forward to my TM. I tell the prospect to text me when they complete the app. I will then tell the TM that so and so seems to be possibly a good person to hire. Good Luck, have patience.
Long, long process?

From the day I put in my app online to the day I started was 10 days. Yes, 10 days. Interview, drug screen, physical, background.

They can make it happen if they want.

Also the local terminal doesn't have much to do with it. Main office has driver recruiters . If you don't believe call and ask for one They handle many parts of it. They look over applications then set up Interview with local terminal and after Interview local terminal sends back to main office for background check. I had phone call two hours after putting in app and Interview two days later. But now waiting five weeks and nothing . The recruiting just keeps saying yes they are hiring me just keep waiting . Just bunch excuses . Maybe local terminal still slow and waiting I don't know . When I call local terminal they say main office has file its not them holding it up I'm ex employee and they using that as excuse saying rehires take longer .

To compare . Abf is taking about ten days Interview, background check ,physical drug test Because I got tired waiting estes and went there to apply . Had to do hair follicle drug test they needed 120 hairs . Way to many. Waiting results of that .

To compare . Abf is taking about ten days Interview, background check ,physical drug test Because I got tired waiting estes and went there to apply . Had to do hair follicle drug test they needed 120 hairs . Way to many. Waiting results of that .
that's a joke right? 120 hairs???

No joke . Look up hair follicle drug test . Said they would shave the back of my head or I needed shave legs to get a big ball of hair. I chose the legs as it won't be seen by most till it grows back . I looked it up after I got home and websites say 120 hairs or more . I went in thinking it would just be maybe five. So I guess all abf drivers go through it .

No joke . Look up hair follicle drug test . Said they would shave the back of my head or I needed shave legs to get a big ball of hair. I chose the legs as it won't be seen by most till it grows back . I looked it up after I got home and websites say 120 hairs or more . I went in thinking it would just be maybe five. So I guess all abf drivers go through it .
Ok, sorry, but that's the stupidest :crap: I've ever heard. My condolences if you really have to put up with that crap