Music To Truck To

I saw him in Eighty Four at what was a dance hall turned into a roller rink. Right on the floor. No stage. They served booze also like it was a bar. Just like seeing a local band. No seats. Also saw Joan Jett and a Philly band The Hooters there. Jett and the Hooters were from Philly...and Delaware is where Thorogood is from so they were sort of booking Philly bands. We're or so far north of Philly.
^ Saw George last year at Stagecoach. He was phenomenal.

I saw him in Eighty Four at what was a dance hall turned into a roller rink. Right on the floor. No stage. They served booze also like it was a bar. Just like seeing a local band. No seats. Also saw Joan Jett and a Philly band The Hooters there. Jett and the Hooters were from Philly...and Delaware is where Thorogood is from so they were sort of booking Philly bands. We're or so far north of Philly.

That's awesome. One of the biggest concerns or aspects I feel that the current live show scene is lacking is a distinct absensce of creativity in venues like that. Sure, we have some excellent and historic outdoor amphiteaters and indoor theaters, but I know I would be more apt to go to a show in some retro setting like a roller rink or something like that. Maybe it comes down to people nowadays not being able to handle that, who knows....