TForce | Must read TFi's end game

Visitor here. Interesting comments on terminal conditions. Many of ours are similar. I realize we’re scuzzy truck drivers, Mr TM (regional mgr, CEO), but we’re YOUR truck drivers. The terminal/working conditions say way more than your BS pat on the back video meetings.

You should see NBR. Only 16 years old. Pigeon crap all over the fuel bay. Dark as heck. One of the worst lit facilities I’ve ever seen. We can’t even get an American Flag flying. All the Veterans keep asking. Guess I’ll just buy one and bring it in.

If NBR = newburg, then that is actually one of our best terminals IMO. Although, yes, the yard could stand to have better lighting.

Baltimore = "The dungeon;" Restrooms below disgusting.
Brooklyn (NY) = "The Cave" i don't know how they work in there as you can't see on the dock, but if it works for them............

Bottom Line is:
We can bish and moan all day, but it's not going to do any good. "Management" needs to give a damn---and they don't.

The REAL problem isn't the bathrooms. YES, they are S&^%T, but it won't take much $$$ to clean them up, even slightly refurbish them.

The problem is we've turned into a corporate mess; We've moved away from being a trucking company and a freight company. We don't give a damn about the freight or the customer.

We are like a dentist who doesn't care about teeth. We only care about the numbers.

How about some better liftgates? To be fair, they do work ok, but we need something faster. Better pallet jacks and handtrucks. We need to remember we are in the FREIGHT business-----we need tools to MOVE the freight.

i don't know how much leeway Alain's lieutenants have.? But until "management" gives a damn this is the way it's going to be. All the bishing and moaning in the world isn't going to change a damn thing.

i like to look at it as: We make $30 per hour, home every night. And, let's admit it----while the lakeshore and kaplans suck (do you know what they are? If not, you are a lucky *&6&) we really don't work that hard as far as inside deliveries MOST of the time, on MOST routes. Residentials may suck in certain cases, but at least you might get tips.

Road drivers get .73 per mile, $30/hr as soon as they get to a terminal. Where can you find that? And this is not work----except niteliner, but even that is on a forklift for 4 hours.

So, we take the good...............with the not so good.....

i've been to most of the Division 1 terminals. Some/most actually have acceptable bathrooms. Even grumpyburg has improved the restrooms to acceptable standards. Bichmond too.

Even "warzone" (DC) has a decent restroom.

But like i said, restrooms aren't the problem.....

If NBR = newburg, then that is actually one of our best terminals IMO. Although, yes, the yard could stand to have better lighting.

Baltimore = "The dungeon;" Restrooms below disgusting.
Brooklyn (NY) = "The Cave" i don't know how they work in there as you can't see on the dock, but if it works for them............

Bottom Line is:
We can bish and moan all day, but it's not going to do any good. "Management" needs to give a damn---and they don't.

The REAL problem isn't the bathrooms. YES, they are S&^%T, but it won't take much $$$ to clean them up, even slightly refurbish them.

The problem is we've turned into a corporate mess; We've moved away from being a trucking company and a freight company. We don't give a damn about the freight or the customer.

We are like a dentist who doesn't care about teeth. We only care about the numbers.

How about some better liftgates? To be fair, they do work ok, but we need something faster. Better pallet jacks and handtrucks. We need to remember we are in the FREIGHT business-----we need tools to MOVE the freight.

i don't know how much leeway Alain's lieutenants have.? But until "management" gives a damn this is the way it's going to be. All the bishing and moaning in the world isn't going to change a damn thing.

i like to look at it as: We make $30 per hour, home every night. And, let's admit it----while the lakeshore and kaplans suck (do you know what they are? If not, you are a lucky *&6&) we really don't work that hard as far as inside deliveries MOST of the time, on MOST routes. Residentials may suck in certain cases, but at least you might get tips.

Road drivers get .73 per mile, $30/hr as soon as they get to a terminal. Where can you find that? And this is not work----except niteliner, but even that is on a forklift for 4 hours.

So, we take the good...............with the not so good.....
Road drivers get .73 per mile, $30/hr as soon as they get to a terminal. Where can you find that?
You can find it on non-union LTL companies

You should see NBR. Only 16 years old. Pigeon crap all over the fuel bay. Dark as heck. One of the worst lit facilities I’ve ever seen. We can’t even get an American Flag flying. All the Veterans keep asking. Guess I’ll just buy one and bring it in.
The pigeon crap also covers the ramp and entryway near the office. It’s literally unsanitary and a major health hazard. And the yard on the back side of the terminal is just an accident waiting to happen with overcrowding of trailers at night and non-existent lighting. I guess when someone gets run over and killed in that darkness and TFI gets sued things will change.

Road drivers get .73 per mile, $30/hr as soon as they get to a terminal. Where can you find that?
You can find it on non-union LTL companies
$30 an hour if you want to go work the dock after they have sent YOUR freight up the road with one of their drivers deliberately so you have to either work the dock for them or sit unpaid for hours waiting for scraps to get home. All in the middle of a 500 mile trip.
This is what needs to be addressed by TFI. You want to make me sit then pay me or give get me out by my CUT Time! Stop telling me I am The one stealing time, You are stealing time from me!!!!!!

$30 an hour if you want to go work the dock after they have sent YOUR freight up the road with one of their drivers deliberately so you have to either work the dock for them or sit unpaid for hours waiting for scraps to get home. All in the middle of a 500 mile trip.
This is what needs to be addressed by TFI. You want to make me sit then pay me or give get me out by my CUT Time! Stop telling me I am The one stealing time, You are stealing time from me!!!!!!
AMEN!

Can i ask which terminal(s) this was at?

When we waited for freight, we would go on, "on property". Driver shouldn't have to be penalized because the company doesn't have their crap together.

i have not really had to wait on freight lately----i only sub in for road occasionally now a days.

When we waited for freight, we would go on, "on property". Driver shouldn't have to be penalized because the company doesn't have their crap together.

i have not really had to wait on freight lately----i only sub in for road occasionally now a days.
Nbr.....simple....place is trash....we were told the end terminals have a cut time...not nbr....get in that ::shit:: hole at 1 :00....they send all the early arrivals out with the schedule freight..we wait for what they build...so they said Work the dock or sit and wait for free !..

ye

YEp NBR

Nbr.....simple....place is trash....we were told the end terminals have a cut time...not nbr....get in that **** hole at 1 :00....they send all the early arrivals out with the schedule freight..we wait for what they build...so they said Work the dock or sit and wait for free !..
Just insert GAF for NBR.

Hmmmm...........yeah i've only been to newberg twice and yes we had to WAIT.........AND WAIT. But i remembered that i stayed "on property." They never said we had to clock out. Barely had enough time to make it back home.....

Now, this was not that recent so.........

The pigeon crap also covers the ramp and entryway near the office. It’s literally unsanitary and a major health hazard. And the yard on the back side of the terminal is just an accident waiting to happen with overcrowding of trailers at night and non-existent lighting. I guess when someone gets run over and killed in that darkness and TFI gets sued things will change.
They won't change. They will find or make up a reason to say the one run over was at fault. They will put up a red flag, have a meeting and things will be business as usual.
You still think people are more then just a number.

They won't change. They will find or make up a reason to say the one run over was at fault. They will put up a red flag, have a meeting and things will be business as usual.
You still think people are more then just a number.
I don't think tfi has a plan! What's really changed besides our shirts? I don't know how road operations Work across the country, but here in the northeast it's awful...our city guy's pick up freight on Friday and the road guy's don't move it till Sunday! So we delay freight 2 days.. yeah sounds like a good plan!!! ( what's the definition of insanity???

I don't think tfi has a plan! What's really changed besides our shirts? I don't know how road operations Work across the country, but here in the northeast it's awful...our city guy's pick up freight on Friday and the road guy's don't move it till Sunday! So we delay freight 2 days.. yeah sounds like a good plan!!! ( what's the definition of insanity???
TFI is a holding company, not an operating company,.