TForce | Must read TFi's end game

Absolutly! They never gave any concideration to the long schedule runs. As a matter of fact if you did not help them on their docks the pay back was to sit there all night long while your freight went up the road. Punishment so to speak. 500 mile night runs 5 days a week at 10 to 12 hours a day and never any priorty to these long schedules and safety, it meant nothing.

I don't think tfi has a plan! What's really changed besides our shirts? I don't know how road operations Work across the country, but here in the northeast it's awful...our city guy's pick up freight on Friday and the road guy's don't move it till Sunday! So we delay freight 2 days.. yeah sounds like a good plan!!! ( what's the definition of insanity???
Oh they have a plan. They've turned around operations in worse shape than you guys. But it's not a process that happens in a few months. It takes a year or two. An operation as big as you guys is going to take time to evaluate.

This is the company that turned around the Canadian half of Vitran and gave the drivers at Transport America a raise. I got a raise recently myself. Bitching because you aren't seeing instant change isn't going to accomplish anything, give Montreal some time to sort your giant disaster out before complaining too much.

They closed an underperforming carrier under me. I was given free ability to transfer to the carrier that absorbed the freight load and I still work there over 2 years later. I've been taken care of pretty well here. TFI cares about numbers, it's true, but they aren't stupid. Transportation and property management are their specialty. They paid part of the bill for a property they sold to FXFC to be redone to meet FedEx's standards because the property had been effectively abandoned for a few years and needed work. Their operating facilities are reasonably well maintained.

You guys are playing catch up right now. You'll get there eventually, it's just gonna take time while they figure out all the problems.

Oh they have a plan. They've turned around operations in worse shape than you guys. But it's not a process that happens in a few months. It takes a year or two. An operation as big as you guys is going to take time to evaluate.

This is the company that turned around the Canadian half of Vitran and gave the drivers at Transport America a raise. I got a raise recently myself. Bitching because you aren't seeing instant change isn't going to accomplish anything, give Montreal some time to sort your giant disaster out before complaining too much.

They closed an underperforming carrier under me. I was given free ability to transfer to the carrier that absorbed the freight load and I still work there over 2 years later. I've been taken care of pretty well here. TFI cares about numbers, it's true, but they aren't stupid. Transportation and property management are their specialty. They paid part of the bill for a property they sold to FXFC to be redone to meet FedEx's standards because the property had been effectively abandoned for a few years and needed work. Their operating facilities are reasonably well maintained.

You guys are playing catch up right now. You'll get there eventually, it's just gonna take time while they figure out all the problems.
They don't want to do the simplest thing to get badly needed drivers. Raise the starting pay.
And turning down the trucks for no logical reason doesn't help either to keep them.

They don't want to do the simplest thing to get badly needed drivers. Raise the starting pay.
And turning down the trucks for no logical reason doesn't help either to keep them.
Can they raise starting pay without spending weeks negotiating it with the union? Genuine question, because I don't know. They are likely looking for ways to save money to allow them to do such a thing, but TFI won't do it unless or until they're satisfied they can afford to.

As for turning down the trucks to 65, the logical reason is that literally all of the thousands of other trucks TFI operates are limited to 65, mine included. Trucks operating in the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec must be limited to 65 by law, so TFI operates this way by mandate to avoid getting fined.

They’ve been bumping starting pay and giving out signing bonuses at certain location up here in the Northeast. No they didn’t have to ask the Union about it . ABF in Carlisle is offering bonuses also. Young people don’t want to do this type of work with oddball hours! Transportation has a very big problem on their hands. Every company on our long road is looking for drivers and dockworkers!