Yellow | My 2 cents worth on what went on

do you really think we're better than Conway now or any of the others no we are not if this would pass we would be worse

If theirs A LOA with the new deal maybe ya'd like to try it over there and let us know how much better they really have it than us. "Hurry up" is probably spoken alot more than I am accustomed to.

KK thanks for being a stand up Teamster Brother and a straight shooter not for this time but for everytime the call was needed for a voice to be heard. Thanks again for being that "silver bullet" against this arrogant azz company YRC we work for.

I too was at the meeting and hear you speak and saw the financial reports of YRC books (amazing what we didn't know). You hit it out of the park with your statement brother: Whats with the attitude of YRC??? It's ****ed up and these guyz are coming to us for help!!! If it wasn't for the Teamster brothers and sisters concessions @ YRC you sorry azz mother truckers wouldn't be here today. :1036316054:

Thanx again and well said Brother:1036316054::1036316054:

Thanks Scewy....once again we are in the same place and did not have the time to speak....thanks for confirming I was there and what I said...it was from the heart....no matter how painfull it was to say it, knowing that 25,000 jobs are at stake!.....KK

OK...here's the question. They say if this isn't passed, the lenders will pull out. I can see the lenders pulling out without the financial side of the concessions. But what do the lenders have to do with changes in the work rules?? Those work rules were fought for & won over many many years. We all know that once they're changed, it becomes past practice, & it takes an act of congress to get them changed. And, what about the contract in 2013? Are those new rules going to become part of that contract?? Why can't we vote on these things separately? It seems like there would be more success at getting something passed if we didn't have to vote on the proposal as an all or nothing.

Work rules add up in costs to them....cutting paid breaks for 10 minutes a day for each employee adds up over the months to come.....drivers droping and hooking themselves instead of getting delay time paid adds up to a ::shit:: load of money over a few months.....it is all about getting money back into the operations....that is all the lenders care about right now.....KK

Last edited by a moderator:
Work rules add up in costs to them....cutting paid breaks for 10 minutes a day for each employee adds up over the months to come.....drivers droping and hooking themselves instead of getting delay time paid adds up to a ::shit:: load of money over a few months.....it is all about getting money back into the operations....that is all the lenders care about right now.....KK

Then the lenders should stop looking at cutting the pay of the ones who move the freight, & look at the company who wastes money at every chance.

2 years worth of the same old losing Business plans and wasteful company spending= more concessions from the Teamster employees, this time I think the vote should be NO, let plan B fix this Dinosaur. Another Holiday Season ruined by corporate America, run by the we got ours greedy CEO clubs.

Have to disagree with you here, but to fight another day you must stay ALIVE !!! If YRC folds, the Teamsters are FINISHED in the freight industry.
problem with that elwood is that to fight another day you must still have some fight left in you !!!!!!
there is very little fight left in teamster members and and have been beaten down to where they believe that yrc is life itself and with that attitude just going along is all we have left im afraid that a yes vote will result in thing's worse forever with no hope

KK, With all due respect, if you think about it, our whole contract is made up of work rules that do not benefit the company. So if we are going to give them back many of the negotiated work rules to help them survive, why do we even need a contract? Lets help the company survive and scrap the whole damn contract. Won't that guarantee their survival? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but damn.........

I am not a free set hooker

And how's that statement gonna fly at your next job? At Conway, or FEDEX? When ya say that....remember how it felt...because it just might be the last time in youyr life you have a say with what goes on at work.

I do not get paid to say what goes on at work, I get paid to drive a truck and handle trailers and I do not do it for free. Any employer who gets themselves in debt should not run to me for money. I didn't have a say in whether or not to buy Roadway and USF and I do not care about stockholders who are nothing more than gamblers. If they want to gamble their money they take the risk.

Then the lenders should stop looking at cutting the pay of the ones who move the freight, & look at the company who wastes money at every chance.

wow! You got that right. I don't think anyone has ever said it so clearly. This would be a good statement to make at the union mtgs coming up. That is if you can get your 2 cents in.

I do not get paid to say what goes on at work, I get paid to drive a truck and handle trailers and I do not do it for free. Any employer who gets themselves in debt should not run to me for money. I didn't have a say in whether or not to buy Roadway and USF and I do not care about stockholders who are nothing more than gamblers. If they want to gamble their money they take the risk.
Its not stock holder its lenders who are the real gamblers.
The problem is that those gamblers have to keep betting their money in order for YRC to keep operating.
If they walk away from the table YRC cant even buy fuel.

KK, With all due respect, if you think about it, our whole contract is made up of work rules that do not benefit the company. So if we are going to give them back many of the negotiated work rules to help them survive, why do we even need a contract? Lets help the company survive and scrap the whole damn contract. Won't that guarantee their survival? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but damn.........

I've read some of your posts and know that you are no dummy so I think you know it's better to have a contract and union in place when, and if, it turns around.

The problem still remains the same,for every dollar they save, they waste two!!!:1036316054:

My point all along has been. This company is not doing anything to save $$$$. Working Double time (7th day) every week Triple time (labor day) putting in new camera systems (Had company come out put bid for FULL surveillance system,Prob $30,000)fixing things that before we had to file Greiv on and fight to get fixed (fixing parking lot,painting the lines)had auditors out last week prob spent $5000 fixing little BS things so we would look good on audit. We have everyone back on on the dock some guys working 60-70 hrs OT including double time. Wont hire any casuals or full time, now they want me to give back again.
Dont think so.
If they were doing everything to cut back I would understand better that we are in this kind of trouble.

The time for negotiating is when the NMFA comes up again.

If they want concessions, they are supposed to negotiate them during contract talks. If you give them everything they could possibly want now, there will be nothing left to negotiate with in a few years and the next NMFA will be the Worst Contract Ever.

They will have gotten every concession for free and we will have NO bargaining power. They will tell us what our contract is going to be. If we don't like it, they'll replace us.

It appears that the conspiracy theory folks may not be the majority here. Everything that has occurred since $bill aquired Preston has STUNK! We are in a no win situation, vote no and almost certainly YRCW liquidates. Vote yes and EVEN if YRCW survives it will be years IF ever we will regain what has been lost. BUT IN ORDER TO REGAIN WHAT WE HAD WE NEED TO STILL BE HERE!

YRCW has not taken a single step to liquidate. They have only threatened to. What they have done is initiate a series global expansion strategies and establish overlapping delivery networks. Both of which a company struggling for its last breath would not have started nor continued.

I think rumors of their demise have been greatly perpetrated.

YRCW has not taken a single step to liquidate. They have only threatened to. What they have done is initiate a series global expansion strategies and establish overlapping delivery networks. Both of which a company struggling for its last breath would not have started nor continued.

I think rumors of their demise have been greatly perpetrated.

CF didn't take any steps to liquidate until after the gates were locked and then some of the other companies were left untouched while the unionized ltl was liquidated.

The "some of the other companies" was Conway. The LTL they formed to eliminate CF. Don't try and water down the facts now.

The "some of the other companies" was Conway. The LTL they formed to eliminate CF. Don't try and water down the facts now.

Conway was spun off years before,CF ran out of money and closed at least they are trying to keep this company operating and if there is blame here it is with our union.If they had been more successful in organizing we wouldn't be in the position we are in and the IBT knew this day was coming.Tell me Vwaggs how does a unionized company compete when most of the industry is non-union.We are negotiating from with a very weak position.