Yellow | My 2 cents worth on what went on

Glad to see some thought given to why we are at the mercy of the banks. The length of the proposal is due to the banks wanting some sign of stability for a few years. Otherwise there will be no agreement. IMO the 25% contribution to the pensions is only a hedge against the slim hope that pension reform legislation will be enacted before that part of the agreement goes into effect. If multi-employer pension funds get the relief that this would provide I think that there would be language that would override the MOU.

I was kinda hoping that IF the pension reform passed the 25 percent contribution would equal a full contribution after the orphans were taken out.
For gods sake let them have thought of that in the negotiations.

I was kinda hoping that IF the pension reform passed the 25 percent contribution would equal a full contribution after the orphans were taken out.
For gods sake let them have thought of that in the negotiations.

I don't see Congress saving the Teamster's pension, or they already would have out of the Stimulis Stash. Certainly they would have already done it BEFORE an election!?! Waiting til AFTER the election, there'll be no motive........

I don't see Congress saving the Teamster's pension, or they already would have out of the Stimulis Stash. Certainly they would have already done it BEFORE an election!?! Waiting til AFTER the election, there'll be no motive........

Yeah. That's why I put the big "IF" in there.

Well I dont really know what to vote on on one hand Im sick of these damn give backs and they seem not to work like some of the bro's have been saying when is enough, enough. But on the other hand I look at "HEY DUDE" I have a job that pays over 20bucks an hr. I have health ins. for me and my family I have sick days and well now 3 weeks vacation time I dont know im so FREAKIN CONFUSED! Well after sitting here and reading my post as much as I HATE to vote this way im going to have to vote for this thing again and only because I still have young kids to raise GOD I HATE TO HAVE TO GIVE IN sorry to all you brothers and sister I really am but family comes 1st
Hey man you got nothing to be sorry for no matter what your vote is! That is your right as a teamster member a point many on here forget. I will say it took a lot of stones to say what you think.

Work rules add up in costs to them....cutting paid breaks for 10 minutes a day for each employee adds up over the months to come.....drivers droping and hooking themselves instead of getting delay time paid adds up to a ::shit:: load of money over a few months.....it is all about getting money back into the operations....that is all the lenders care about right now.....KK

All the lenders care about is saving their own asses.They are so deep in this mess,that they also added to. They kept lending with no as they call it, business plan!Putting money back into operations?? Where did every thing we gave back go??

sorry kk but no way we can vote this if all they needed was money why ask for the 10 min break why punish a teamster for having seniority and make the senior men give a week back why not include a clause when and if things get better everything will be given back we cannot afford to live on 1995 wages for another 3 plus years and bringing people back as part timers knowing their isnt enough days in a month to make benifets or pension credits is a insult to all teamsters

vote no right now new jersey unemployment pays more than a 40 hr week at yrc these concessions are a joke there is no difference if the doors close now or in six months when they wont pay into the pension and want more again who knows if these phantom investors even exist

Last edited by a moderator:
All the lenders care about is saving their own asses.They are so deep in this mess,that they also added to. They kept lending with no as they call it, business plan!Putting money back into operations?? Where did every thing we gave back go??

That's where the term "Give-Back" comes in as the biggest mis-nomer in the English Language (the second biggest is that Taxcuts 'cost'), if you believe there was actual money involved! There was no 'give-back'; there was no 'money' paid, recovered. What really happened was the Teamsters agreed to work for less, and at the same time, the Company took in less because the Economy was bad, Shippers weren't certain YRC would survive, and any number of events happened, including rate-cuts to keep acounts. The money wasn't paid and taken back; it wasn't 'saved, and spent somewhere else'. It simply never existed. Giveback is false; wage concession is realistic but no one wants to use it- it looks like weakness......

Last edited by a moderator:
The lenders what us teamsters to give more to help the company get through this economic downturn, then the lenders will give more to help YRC stay afloat. Only problem with this plan is that there is no one in YRC management that knows anything about shipping freight, customer relations, or respecting the workers that keep giving to help this sorry a-s company survive. At the end of the day do you have a way to make what you will make hear after giveback #3?? Think about it.

Not according to our Health/Welfare gal at 135. We both took Withdrawl Cards; she told me twice I'm frozen with no problem. Even gave me a print-out showing 22 years, saying I'd get 2488 at age 62. Now this year, Central States sent me a letter showing 21 years, not 22-- but the pay-out number was the same amount on both, but at age 65...... She tells me that as long as we have 20 or more years, we're 'guaranteed'. I hope she's right, but Social Security is 'guaranteed' too; I figure I'll never see either.....not waiting 9 years while others drain it dry.....

Guaranteed a pension,not an amount!!

Sorry to say, If YRC goes down, they WILL take ABF down with them. ABF cannot afford to pay the "unfunded liability" to the Central States Pension Fund, & ABF will be forced into bankruptcy by Central States. 2 good things came out of this, Zollars is gone & we do not have to give up more wages & or pay for health insurance. This whole thing SUCKS & i think Tyson should resign, this company has beat him like a red headed step child & we have lost every bit of leverage we have ever had, due to his failures to protect Teamsters during MULTIPLE, MULTIPLE, MULTIPLE C.O.O.'s. A man is only as good as his word & his words mean nothing. NUFF SAID

I agree but, What is going to happen when they only put in .35cents instead of 1.00 per hour for our health and welfare? Can we or our families afford to get sick? TYSON YOUR FIRED!

re vote - give more- 2 cents in

Holland Road Driver
sure I will vote yes, as soon as they remove all the petty extras and only ask for an extension of the current concessions.
* give 1 week vacation for ONLY those who have 4 weeks or more. why didnt they ask everyone to give 1 week How about corporate giving 1 night out.

* 5 min. from breaks I realize and read its not for everyone get real :LMAO:

* Driver Drop n Hook. Holland already has that with no specific or detail rules so each terminal you goto is different. its not a big deal for Holland drivers but is the company going to supply the cold weather gear and safety equipment for the YELLOW/ROADWAY drivers hooking doubles and working in 0 degree weather and is someone going to be on duty all the time in case a driver gets injured Oh and how many serious injuries could we have? when road drivers start backing trailers in WHEN city /dock employees are working

Who votes yes, raise your hand. for taking a city man's job. Something that was implemented for company work efficiency .

* equal sacrifice for management. how many more dispatcher and dock manager jobs n salarys can you cut placing more stress and time for getting loads and paperwork ready. We have already seen how that Idea has cost the company more money.

OH powerful YRC :bowdown:

Before you vote read--- the details not the summery

thats not true no matter how many years if the fund runs out you get a max of aproximitky 1200 a month from the government protection insurance that is all