Yellow | My 2 cents worth on what went on

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Originally Posted by cdlguy

Would you feel like sharing with us the tone & feel of that meeting, & your impressions? Thanks for getting the info to us so fast...our local still hasn't put out anything yet, including a date for a meeting.

It was very somber....when the financial guy went over the findings of going through YRCW's books (This is why you met in person, as the figures cannot be disclosed in the open)....you could have heard a pin drop in the whole building.

I know you guys will have plenty to say...BUT....if they don't get this passed....the lenders will most likely pull out.

I am not, nor are any of the other Locals, trying to sell you a bill of goods.....we voted to take the information back to our members without a recommendation, present the information and the members will get ballots after 10/7 and it will be in their power to vote yes...or vote no.

Anyone on here that was present knows I went to the microphone and spoke my mind.

I did say ...."I want to thank the Committee for all the hard work they have gone through to help try and save jobs...we are still dealing with a company that has become anti-employee since the last bailout.....management is showing no respect to our members and to this day purposely violates our NMFA....Now that they want another handout to save their sorry asses, they are wanting these same employees to forget and forgive and vote yes to save the company?....Many of our members have had enough of their crap and say let them reap what they have sown!...."
that is what I said at the microphone, as hard as it was, knowing that over 25,000 jobs are at risk....but that is what our members are telling us, and that is what I said at the microphone.

While there will NOT be anymore wage reductions until 2015...is losing 1 week of vacation, 10 minutes of breaks daily, drop and hook your own sets....etc...etc worth the risks?

That is why the constitution must be adhered to, and you and anyone who still has recall rights will be voting....I do not vote for you....that is your privilege and duty as a union member to do so.....KK

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well said kk. Thats my feelings exactly. But i still have to vote no. Gettin tired of being treated like crap.

Very well said KK.It's time to make stand because it will never be enough,yrcw will be back for more in 6 to 12 months.

Never had such a benign post deleted, but I ask again, why stop making recommendations now? Isn't that what Teamster leaders do? Seems like our Teamster leadership is taking the easy way out on this one. I am not singling KK out. I'm talking about Tyson and Ken B. etc.

Thank You K.K. for speaking out at the meeting. I think you were speaking for all the old Teamsters of the past who worked and fought hard for these wages and benefits and work rules. They should not be given up without some serious thought.

Thanks KK for your time & effort.. Our Girlscout leaders were supposed to be watching everything from the start, why are they surprised?? We voted on their kickback job security plan twice already and went from 40,000 teamsters to 25,000. We must stop lining their pockets....VOTE NO.......

Originally Posted by cdlguy

Would you feel like sharing with us the tone & feel of that meeting, & your impressions? Thanks for getting the info to us so fast...our local still hasn't put out anything yet, including a date for a meeting.

It was very somber....when the financial guy went over the findings of going through YRCW's books (This is why you met in person, as the figures cannot be disclosed in the open)....you could have heard a pin drop in the whole building.

I know you guys will have plenty to say...BUT....if they don't get this passed....the lenders will most likely pull out.

I am not, nor are any of the other Locals, trying to sell you a bill of goods.....we voted to take the information back to our members without a recommendation, present the information and the members will get ballots after 10/7 and it will be in their power to vote yes...or vote no.

Anyone on here that was present knows I went to the microphone and spoke my mind.

I did say ...."I want to thank the Committee for all the hard work they have gone through to help try and save jobs...we are still dealing with a company that has become anti-employee since the last bailout.....management is showing no respect to our members and to this day purposely violates our NMFA....Now that they want another handout to save their sorry asses, they are wanting these same employees to forget and forgive and vote yes to save the company?....Many of our members have had enough of their crap and say let them reap what they have sown!...."
that is what I said at the microphone, as hard as it was, knowing that over 25,000 jobs are at risk....but that is what our members are telling us, and that is what I said at the microphone.

While there will NOT be anymore wage reductions until 2015...is losing 1 week of vacation, 10 minutes of breaks daily, drop and hook your own sets....etc...etc worth the risks?

That is why the constitution must be adhered to, and you and anyone who still has recall rights will be voting....I do not vote for you....that is your privilege and duty as a union member to do so.....KK

Over a year of give backs and no improvement?? Where did it go?? Do they really need more to waste??Thanks for the info KK!

Very well said kk. Thats my feelings exactly. But i still have to vote no. Gettin tired of being treated like crap.
Try FEDEX or Conway...I'm sure they'll treat ya just how ya'd like to be treated....and you'll be there forever...beat down and surrendered..making your own bed. Then ya can say that ya were a Teamster.....cause this will be the last of it........$14/hr to start at UPSF and them guys get treated like crap too...ABF will be working for even less and be gone in less than 3 would be my prediction.

One more thought. If this is such a lousy agreement, why even entertain a discussion or vote on it? It makes no sense that it doesn't have unanimous endorsement. Why even leave your local to spend a day discussing it?

Anyone that thinks they can get a better job any where is dreaming. I know first hand that the world outside of YRC does not want us. I was laid off and tried to get another job with no success. The reason was I only had 34 years of experience, no tickets and no accidents, never arrested and in good health. I was only able to get a sh#t job and was luckey to get it. All the better jobs I applied for never called me. They only want young people with no union ties. This is not as good as it was, but is still better than what will be avaliable to you after this job is gone. I was able to finally get back to work and I am glad to be back. The union can deal wiyh the bad actors on the company side.

Thank you for your words on behalf of all freight Teamsters !!
Not sure if this is the proper place but will ask anyway.
If all this goes down and is passed what will this do to the members at ABF ?

ABF employee here, They are already crying foul about the last 2 concession votes because they want a piece of that pie. No telling what will happen if the 3rd round passes. Good luck!

Well I dont really know what to vote on on one hand Im sick of these damn give backs and they seem not to work like some of the bro's have been saying when is enough, enough. But on the other hand I look at "HEY DUDE" I have a job that pays over 20bucks an hr. I have health ins. for me and my family I have sick days and well now 3 weeks vacation time I dont know im so FREAKIN CONFUSED! Well after sitting here and reading my post as much as I HATE to vote this way im going to have to vote for this thing again and only because I still have young kids to raise GOD I HATE TO HAVE TO GIVE IN sorry to all you brothers and sister I really am but family comes 1st

just wondering if this goes through(it will) What happens with MASTER FRT AGREEMENT 2013? Our brothers and sisters at ABF deserve better !

Well I dont really know what to vote on on one hand Im sick of these damn give backs and they seem not to work like some of the bro's have been saying when is enough, enough. But on the other hand I look at "HEY DUDE" I have a job that pays over 20bucks an hr. I have health ins. for me and my family I have sick days and well now 3 weeks vacation time I dont know im so FREAKIN CONFUSED! Well after sitting here and reading my post as much as I HATE to vote this way im going to have to vote for this thing again and only because I still have young kids to raise GOD I HATE TO HAVE TO GIVE IN sorry to all you brothers and sister I really am but family comes 1st

I am with you on the yes vote. We've come this far and we have families to support. To those that say there are not $30hr jobs out there it isn't true. This oil industry I've been working in for the last 6 months has some of them. Heard they are going to be hiring in Sunray, TX at the Valero refinery. $30hr and home every day. Valero.com

The Silver Bullet

KK thanks for being a stand up Teamster Brother and a straight shooter not for this time but for everytime the call was needed for a voice to be heard. Thanks again for being that "silver bullet" against this arrogant azz company YRC we work for.

I too was at the meeting and hear you speak and saw the financial reports of YRC books (amazing what we didn't know). You hit it out of the park with your statement brother: Whats with the attitude of YRC??? It's ****ed up and these guyz are coming to us for help!!! If it wasn't for the Teamster brothers and sisters concessions @ YRC you sorry azz mother truckers wouldn't be here today. :1036316054:

Thanx again and well said Brother:1036316054::1036316054:

KK thanks for being a stand up Teamster Brother and a straight shooter not for this time but for everytime the call was needed for a voice to be heard. Thanks again for being that "silver bullet" against this arrogant azz company YRC we work for.

I too was at the meeting and hear you speak and saw the financial reports of YRC books (amazing what we didn't know). You hit it out of the park with your statement brother: Whats with the attitude of YRC??? It's ****ed up and these guyz are coming to us for help!!! If it wasn't for the Teamster brothers and sisters concessions @ YRC you sorry azz mother truckers wouldn't be here today. :1036316054:

Thanx again and well said Brother:1036316054::1036316054:

I don't get what good it does to say how F'ed up YRC is even to their face if nothing is done about. Maybe the concessions are needed, but whats up with all the grievances and bad attitude from YRC and noone has a solution. Seems like it did no good except the atta boys for speaking out?