Estes | my experience, so far....

Hollywood is ok.A little annoying sometimes,but a good guy.He really means well,lol..
HOW?!?!?! He had to give me a WHOLE f*&KING quiz about my EZPASS? EVERYTIME I see the guy he treats me like I'm just a total moron! It's VERY DISRESPECTING! I'm serious here...if he does this one more time....I really HATE to do it, but I'm just gonna have to put him in his place....not gonna fight or anything, but I am one that is good with words. I hate being mean, but if you are disrespectful to someone and treat them like they don't know what they are doing, or they don't know their job at all.....then that's it! Just sayin'! Hope you are having a great week, dude.

I'm NOT complaining at all...a bad week here is a good week at General Freight Epes! Which I hear isn't doing so hot, right now! I always take the good with the bad! Still ended up with right under 2100 this week....yeah, general freight, that would be(with PER DIEM!), around $600 NET! I really love it here....I will say this...and I WILL make this public! I CAN'T STAND THAT driver 'Hollywood'!!!!!!!!!! He get's on my last nerves sooo bad! He ALWAYS has something stupid to say to me! Like, yesterday, his quote, (YELLING) 'What do you do with that blue box(ezpass), when you're done for the day?"....oh man it went on and on...I REALLY can't STAND that guy! I really wanted to say.....ok...you guessed it...haha but, c'mon, I actually have 'morals' in life.....I know you fellows aren't THAT way with other drivers. Jacksonville, tonight it is! Gonna hafta start early.....wife is at home, her country(YES I have the dark haired, dark skinned, Venezuelan Beauty! haha) for 2 weeks more and I gotta get home and watch 2 little kids as much as possible!
Myself and some others are glad you like it here but we don't really want to know how much you're making a week. Some things are better just keeping to yourself. You tell people how much you're making then you're going to have an idiot find out what your driver number is and ask why you're getting all these miles and he/ she isn't.

Myself and some others are glad you like it here but we don't really want to know how much you're making a week. Some things are better just keeping to yourself. You tell people how much you're making then you're going to have an idiot find out what your driver number is and ask why you're getting all these miles and he/ she isn't.
where did I put how much I'm making a week? I only put miles for last week....I put how much I would've made at my last company(which was general freight)....and there's only one guy on here that knows what I look like....don't think he'll be a 'whistleblower'....so no worries here.

Well...I'm a really HYPER GUY! haha Got my CLC and I'm thinking I was using 'terminal names' instead of actual CITY names.....started thinking about that last week in York/Harrisburg. There's that printout saying PUT YORK, NOT HARRISBURG ON YOUR PAPERLOGS! So, been doing that....should be last week on paper, then. All and all I'm just HAPPY here.....only 40, but DEF looking to retire here! I actually made a $1500 gross check this week and $hit...I didn't even break a sweat last week running! Made friends with Jeremy at York/Harrisburg yard....turns out we're both into music....metal too! haha So we talk bands for a few, that's pretty cool! One question I don't get.....I got a 'time card' with my CLC...is that incase I go combo/p and d? That was odd. I LOVE the road, more so now as I'm actually AWAY/OUT OF TRUCK for around 11-12 hours, but I'm sure within 10-15 years I might hang up my otr and just switch to local....HERE AND HERE ONLY! This is what I've been working so hard towards getting, that getting where I'm at is a dream come true! Don't put me off as a 'cheerleader' I'm just really thrilled at what I FINALLY should have done about 2 years ago and it's working out....hey a bad day here is a good day at EPES....that's ALL I have to say about that. No more parking lot losers! No more Lizards.....NO MORE older drivers telling me I'm young and don't know anything about the road...NO MORE TRUCKSTOPS, so far and I'm happy with that! I did stop at one, to get something to eat, my first week out....but, long story short....I had a REALLY BAD experience this past Dec at the TA in Duncan, SC where I ended up beating an older driver REALLY BADLY and he even ended up getting arrested.....yeah...he was drunk...but he was driving! Just want out of those peelots for a long while until I 'cool down'! haha Hope everyone is having a great week....miles are a little short...but it happens!
Guess you forgot about this post then

Sounds like BGWVTRUCKER might be one of those drivers that would bitch about or ask someone "why is he getting all these miles and I'm not".
I don't bitch cause I don't ask. None of my business. I've found out in my 30 years of driving that when a co-worker starts throwing out in the open how much their check is going to bitch to management. It's best to keep your pay to yourself.

where did I put how much I'm making a week? I only put miles for last week....I put how much I would've made at my last company(which was general freight)....and there's only one guy on here that knows what I look like....don't think he'll be a 'whistleblower'....so no worries here.
I don't think it really matters to most unless you have a schedule then for most of the drivers it's just the luck of the draw. Take all they will give nobody is really guaranteed to get anything. Any run can be cut or changed at anytime. Be careful out there.

maybe the ones who bitch to management about someone else's paycheck being more than there's should work a little harder instead of being a lazy TURD.

maybe the ones who bitch to management about someone else's paycheck being more than there's should work a little harder instead of being a lazy TURD.
I agree but if you keep your pay to yourself or maybe face to face with a driver you trust then the snitch driver can't bitch

Guess you forgot about this post then
WOW...that was 2 months ago....and mentioned that to show people, who are interested in coming over here, you can make good money starting out! ONCE AGAIN, I've seen COUNTLESS posts on these boards of guys posting(LIKE ME) a GROSS for a week. You act like it's a bad thing. Am I posting what I'm making every week? NO, one week and two months ago=1 freaking post and you go through the roof? WOW dude, things must not be going so great, sorry.

WOW...that was 2 months ago....and mentioned that to show people, who are interested in coming over here, you can make good money starting out! ONCE AGAIN, I've seen COUNTLESS posts on these boards of guys posting(LIKE ME) a GROSS for a week. You act like it's a bad thing. Am I posting what I'm making every week? NO, one week and two months ago=1 freaking post and you go through the roof? WOW dude, things must not be going so great, sorry.

Keep doing what you're doing pal, there is nothing wrong with giving an honest review. We need more reviews like this anyway in my opinion. It's no different than an hourly employee saying he worked X amount of hours last week.

You don't know how i am doing. It's nobody's business. If I get asked any questions about miles,i tell them "It's paying the bills". Found out long ago that the least you tell people your personal and financial business the better it'll be. I'll talk sports all day long. Glad you're happy and making money while being safe. That's all its about.

LOVE this job! Glad all my downs, at EPES, has finally paid off! Everybody I've met have been super friendly and very willing to help. I had to have help setting up doubles in ATL yesterday, since I was in a really old 9400(sleeper) loaner for the week and that hill is really dark....only thing I needed help with was that stupid dolly, I can make a set in about 10 minutes, but most of that time is spend backing that dolly.....I know it's only been 2 weeks, so far, but I'll get it....and since I got my truck back, having a window to look out at dolly will greatly help. And not to mention how long doubles are with a sleeper...that was very different. And Orlando(I was there the night The Voice chick was murdered) yard is REALLY TIGHT with a sleeper too! haha I know when I first started driving(coming up to 5 years), I enjoyed the freedom of being left alone.....but now when I get to where I need to be, I wait, maybe an hour or so, and that's just for paperwork. No more, going into the sleeper, and hurry up and wait, for no pay! Even though I was started at a few cents more than people out of our school(was told because I have 4+ years experience), I can't believe how much my checks are, compared with what I was making. But, I got my satellite radio, and my iPod...that's all I need....oh and a good cup of joe to get me going! haha But, crazy question.....When I got my EZPass I signed a form for it.....Bill Turner in dispatch told me to take it home with me or else it'll 'get gone quick'...why is that? I always thought those things were issued to only 1 truck.....that's how it was at EPES.....if it was stolen dispatch would have it shut off immdiately and issue you a new one.
I have not been here long I have worked for other companies in LTL for 21 years these are a great bunch of guys most all will help you if you ask and I would like to say I really appreciate that because where I use to work you was lucky if another driver would speak to you very less help you I would like to say Thank You All

BG.....NOT starting a fight with you at all! Just remember this...AND THIS IS HONEST! I just started 4 months ago(so not bottom payscale.....but NOT high-end either. Got 4 years previous experience)! I REALLY have no plans on leaving AT ALL! I worked a total of 3 days the week before last.....it is what it is....welcome to XTRA BOARD (LMAO)....but I really like this! It's new, it's fresh.....so far this week they have made it up to me for the past 2 weeks that sucked! Did CLOSE to 1700 since weds and it's saturday! In Jersey, will be home Monday! I'm REALLY gonna stay out for around 2-3 weeks(it's actually WORTH IT, NOW!) but can't make up my mind...when....my luck, I say winter and I'm SCREWED in the upper midwest/close to NW! haha but yeah....I've learned quick, TRUCKING IS TRUCKING! We ALL get paid either good OR bad(within LTL, 'speaking'), but on xtra, it's NOT your 'say'. I'm learning 'the ropes' of LTL 'xtra' and as far as MY decision(I have a really close friend that works for OD and REALLY wanted me to go with them....I'm NOT into slip-seat...just me!) but I've always liked(I'm a weirdo...leave me alone!) the Estes colors! Kind of Exciting! PLUS, when I get in on Mondays...I wear my work shirt out to grocery store,etc and (HONEST NO JOKE!) I can't tell you how many people will stop me and say....'HEY, I was just talking about you guys! Man, your shipping prices are AMAZING!" I'm like....(thinking) 'ok...I just drive'....but it sure DOES put a smile on my face over my decision! Anyone got $5 bucks I can borrow? lol gotta end with a joke!

Loved extraboard and didn't care if I made it home on the weekends or not when I ran it as long as there was a bar with senorita's in walking distance from the motel. Walking distance for mildew and normal folks somewhat differs by several miles

lol.....I love working weekends...lot less hassle. Only bad side is there is usually alot of stuff on tv....but I can watch that when I get to hotel room.