ABF | My "Fellow Employees" How do you compare?

HillBilly Frog

TB Veteran
Credits
Arkansas Best Corp.
(ABFS:NASDAQ)
EXECUTIVE PROFILE*
Robert A. Davidson
Chief Executive Officer, President, Director, Chief Executive Officer of ABF Freight System and President of ABF Freight System, Arkansas Best Corp.

Age57 Total Annual Compensation $491,667 This person is connected to 7 board members in 1 different organizations across 1 different industries.

As of Fiscal Year 2006
BACKGROUND*

Robert A. Davidson has been President and Chief Operating Officer of Arkansas Best Corp. since January 1, 2005. In addition, Mr. Davidson has also been Director of Arkansas Best Corporation since December 15, 2004. Mr. Davidson serves as President and Chief Executive Officer of ABF Freight System, Inc., the largest subsidiary of Arkansas Best Corporation since February 1, 2003. He served as Vice President of Marketing and Pricing for ABF since August 1997.

ANNUAL COMPENSATION*
Salary $491,667
Total Annual Compensation $491,667
STOCK OPTIONS*
Restricted Stock Awards $83,738
Exercised Options Amount 18,000
Exercised Options Value $548,190
Exercisable Options Amount 24,000
Exercisable Options Value $244,110
Unexercisable Options Amount 10,000
Unexercisable Options Value $87,040
Total Options Value $879,340
Total Options Amount 52,000
TOTAL COMPENSATION*
Total Cash Compensation $1,285,720
Total Annual Compensation $491,667
Other Long-term Compensation $113,968
Total Compensation $3,331,183
*Data is at least as current as the most recent Definitive Proxy.

Arkansas Best Corp. (ABFS.O): Executive Profile

He's Worth Every Penny!

And if he can get all the ABF Teamsters to drink his kool-aid, and agree to get out of all the Teamster multi-employer pension plans, his compensation will probably double this year! How long do the Teamster employees have to listen to this b.s. from ABF, UPS, and YRC before they've had enough?! A HARM TO ONE IS A HARM TO ALL! UNITED TO PROTECT, NOT TO HARM! ABF shares the responsibility to properly fund the Central States and the other multi-employer pension plans and stay in them because they were party to creating the problem by negotiating benefit structures that they were then unwilling to fund! Don't let ABF or any of our employers BUST OUR UNION! Without our generous benefit packages, especially the pensions, we will never get another trucking company organized. The PENSIONS are what set us apart from our non-union competition! DON'T LET BOB, MIKE OR BILL FEED YOU ANY B.S. WITH A KOOL-AID CHASER! LET'S STAND UNITED AND VOTE DOWN ANY PROPOSAL TO DESTROY OUR PENSION PLANS! FIGHT THE POWER!:USA:

Well said freightmaster,
A HARM TO ONE IS A HARM TO ALL! UNITED TO PROTECT, NOT TO HARM!
If Bob makes that kind of cash, I am sure that he wont have any problem offering us a nice package for the contract. REMEMBER we are family, arent we BOB?

Here my thoughts if we accept the company proposal.We will be paying for our own pension.There will be two medical plans,one with a co-pay and the other with a higher co-pay.Wages will go down as we will have more out of the pocket expenses.More new hires they will call PSE to give the company the flexablity to leave people home as they run over the top of terminals. More on call and fewer bids.

Hey guys this seems to be the trend in the industry right now. Bail out of you high cost multi-employer funds and put more resonsiblity onthe workers. Yellow is currently doing the the same thing with exception to pulling out of the Central States Health and welfare fund. But they are really pushing to cut bits,Not necesarrily work, And have more and more extra board drivers. At my terminal We have lost approximately 30% of our bids in the seven years that I have been there and our extra board has expanded. They want to be able to run everybody every where with out having to cover bid drivers. If they keep us runnng over the top of each other they think they will be able to do what ever they want wjen they want without regard for the work rules or the contract. This blows like the south wind.

Just what makes any CEO worth what they are being paid by their companies?

Just because they sit in the top chair,theres always a board of directors calling the shots.

I remember the story about Chrysler Automotive,when they were losing money,their CEO gave back all of his wages,and helped the company workers have a feel good attitude to turn the company around,back in those times.

But my question is what makes the ABF,or anyother CEO worth what they are being paid?

I've learned the hard way.

I spent years at a number of trucking companys trying to climb the seniority ladder. No more of that, I run casual and I run when I want and when I dont want to run, I stay home. Oh yea, I still have a full bennifit package...

Thats great if thats your thing.
Everyone has to do what works best for them.
But in order for your deal to work,you've got to find trucking companies willing to put up with someone thats not to dependable.
Or you have to live in an area with a lot of union companies that you can work,a day,or night,here,and there.
Just my opinion,please I don't mean to offend you in anyway.

But the main reason for me taking a withdrawel on my union card back in the day is working at 11 different union companies with no hope of getting on fultime at any of them.
That was back in the 80's when a lot of the Teamster LTL's were closing their doors,after deregulation kicked in.

Now the only union companies left are ABF,and Yellow.
So like I say this is just my 2 cents,nothing more.

Casual

Oh no, I understand for sure... I just got real lucky and landed a job that they work me pretty steady most of the time but, I be sure and keep my part time business alive as a musician...

Rock on friend

Arkansas Best Corporation | Executives

Click on column headers to resort, click on executives' names to view people details.

1 - 15 of 15
Name Title Age Total cash comp. at ABFS
John W Alden Director 65 --
Fred A Allardyce Director 65 --
Christopher D Baltz Senior VP, Subsidiary 40 $855,015 USD
David R Cobb Vice President/Controller 41 --
Robert A Davidson CEO/President/Director 59 $3,331,183 USD
Frank Edelstein Director 81 --
Wesley B Kemp Senior VP, Subsidiary 60 $1,095,494 USD
William M Legg Director 62 --
Judy R McReynolds Senior VP/CFO/Treasurer 44 $784,642 USD
John R Meyers Vice President 59 --
John H Morris Director 63 --
J Lavon Morton Vice President,
Divisional/Other Executive Officer 56 --
Roy M Slagle Senior VP, Subsidiary 53 $951,055 USD
Robert A Young III Chairman of the Board/Director 66 $2,991,867 USD
Alan J Zakon Phd Director 71 --

Similar Results By Ticker

my fellow employees seem to be doing quite well financially? I'll make sure this gets posted at my terminal and all the terminals I visit. Most employees just don't stop to think what the big boys make.