My how the internet has changed in the last 10 years

Would you pay 2 bucks for a Truckingboards Android App if I had one developed to he recoup my costs

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
i thought I would never see the day more people are accessing this website with a phone or a tablet than a desktop...

I am going to focus on the mobile site more in the near future

IOgMhko.jpg

i only own a desktop pc. i am as literate with this as i can be, (which includes building them rebuilding, modding them as well) . the costs of other devices to get on the web don't concern me, as i really don't want them. heck, my cell phone is a simple flip one as well. it takes in texts messages, but i cannot text back, and i like it that way.

so for me, if a charge for using androids is to be initiated, since i don't have one, it would not be of any concern for me.

but here is the rub on charges from any and all sites...when will it end.??

i mean if people have to start paying for this app, that app, and so on and so forth, i think they ought to ask for a pay raise, to cover THEIR costs for having such apps. either that, or some people will just "smarten up" someday, and drop those apps that are of little use compared to the many others.

I have a smart phone but I only take,& receive calls.
However if this message board is making you go broke.
Give me your address I'd be glad to send you a couple of bucks

I have a smart phone but I only take,& receive calls.
However if this message board is making you go broke.
Give me your address I'd be glad to send you a couple of bucks
Not broke , site runs in the black just like to break even

Oh well I'd still be willing to shell out a few bucks if you need it.
For the fun & trucking info I've gotten off this message board the last 19 years.
It would be worth something to send your way.

Oh well I'd still be willing to shell out a few bucks if you need it.
For the fun & trucking info I've gotten off this message board the last 19 years.
It would be worth something to send your way.
Appreciate the offer but no thank you...

I gotta figure out something, 70% of the people here right now are either on a phone or a tablet

I gotta figure out something, 70% of the people here right now are either on a phone or a tablet
30 days free....then they're hooked....then charge what you want...$2 is a steal! Yeah, you gotta do it

I am looking into something at the moment... a damn developers license with apple is 100 dollars a year I think , Android is only like 25... I can write em off though

look at this ... People surfing from work, on the weekends it's more even

ar4S1xL.jpg

I can probably make a free one on google play and just put a couple ads on it to pay for it

I can probably make a free one on google play and just put a couple ads on it to pay for it
:6799::eagerness: Then offer upgrade to premium to remove ads. I have some free apps, but most of mine are premium. If you are on a limited data plan, it saves on your data allotment when ads don't have to download and sometimes ads can be annoying on the smaller screen, where not so much, on the PC monitor. I access TB on my Android via the Chrome browser and I like the ad-free version because of that. It works fine for me. An app might be worth your trouble though.
Thanks for providing this forum for us!

Last edited:
Looks like I'm in the minority,I don't have phone savvy,I'm on my i-mac desktop.
However I'm sure you will figure it out Jeff you've run this message broad a pretty long time.
You gotta have a lot of smarts to keep it going.

:6799::eagerness: Then offer upgrade to premium to remove ads. I have some free apps, but most of mine are premium. If you are on a limited data plan, it saves on your data allotment when ads don't have to download and sometimes ads can be annoying on the smaller screen, where not so much, on the PC monitor. I access TB on my Android via the Chrome browser and I like the ad-free version because of that. It works fine for me. An app might be worth your trouble though.
Thanks for providing this forum for us!

Thanks for the ideas... Very interesting take

Thanks for the ideas... Very interesting take
Having a place to vent our frustrations and share some humor saves us money at the shrink's office....think about what a valuable service you're providing when you think about your pricing scheme