My how the internet has changed in the last 10 years

Would you pay 2 bucks for a Truckingboards Android App if I had one developed to he recoup my costs

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Having a place to vent our frustrations and share some humor saves us money at the shrink's office....think about what a valuable service you're providing when you think about your pricing scheme

I felt guilty charging 4.95 for ad free but Paypal gets their cut too.. Then I thought about it, you can't even get a cup of coffee at some places for 5 bucks anymore. Just an option for people, don't think there will be many takers but it's cool either way ... I haven't been in the red for years. My new server was broke and I didn't even know it, email system wasn't sending right. Ws my fault, I have been doing this so long it got boring and I neglected it but everything is fixed now, I spent a few bucks on some new software to simplify things, got some good needed paying advertisers . Everything is good now that the email system is going again , posts per day have tripled in the last 10 days. Users per day is way up , time spent on site is way up. Everything is good

I felt guilty charging 4.95 for ad free but Paypal gets their cut too.. Then I thought about it, you can't even get a cup of coffee at some places for 5 bucks anymore. Just an option for people, don't think there will be many takers but it's cool either way ... I haven't been in the red for years. My new server was broke and I didn't even know it, email system wasn't sending right. Ws my fault, I have been doing this so long it got boring and I neglected it but everything is fixed now, I spent a few bucks on some new software to simplify things, got some good needed paying advertisers . Everything is good now that the email system is going again , posts per day have tripled in the last 10 days. Users per day is way up , time spent on site is way up. Everything is good
The market will set your price....I'm here more around contract negotiations since sometimes some good info gets out here quicker than the mainstream, but this negotiation is definitely different. Seems there's no TB leakers on any committee? And I ain't seeing anything on that "other" board either. I like the ad-free option especially for mobile use for sure. Thanks for putting in the time and resources to make it available.

Last edited:
I don't have a single app that I pay for at this point, but I am one of the people who use their phones on TB every day, especially while at work. I like using my PC better because I can type really fast and it is just across the room from me right now, but I can't have my feet resting up in the easy chair while watching basketball if I get on the PC. ( Like I am right now)
I would pay the two bucks for the app, but don't really see what I would gain with it.

I don't need it now that I updated everything, site looks good on the browser on the phone