Yellow | My Roadway Pumpkin Didn't Have Air-conditioning.

My first peddle truck had 2-60 A/C in it.
SOJVVAF.jpg

They should have AC, but ‘idling time’ is not permitted at UPS, and now an item of discussion at YRCW...
It is an item of discussion locally. We are getting messages on our handhelds. I have gotten “You have 3 hours of idle time.....”. It has been in the upper 90’s here locally. I carry my lunch and eat lunch in the truck. Not planning to change my behavior anytime soon.

It is an item of discussion locally. We are getting messages on our handhelds. I have gotten “You have 3 hours of idle time.....”. It has been in the upper 90’s here locally. I carry my lunch and eat lunch in the truck. Not planning to change my behavior anytime soon.

I am curious to see if this will become an item of attempted discipline, as it is not contractual.

They're allowed to wear shorts, isn't that enough? :hide: :hilarious:
AC or no AC. You become overheated go to the nearest medical facility for help, or go sit in the office where it is cooler. The boss give you a hard time, tell them you are overheated & to call for an ambulance. Then demand & make sure they fill out a workman's comp report for you injury. Effect their revenue stream enough, they will back off. Or not. von.

Fargo ND in the winter when the temp drops below 10 degrees the dock people work about 30 minutes then go in to the warm up hut for 10 or 15 minutes. I know because I heard that & didn't believe it. So I called them in Fargo & the rate clerk who answered said it was quite true. Must of had a decent TM. von.

You guys act like because you didn’t have AC 100 years ago the guys shouldn’t have it today.
UPS is the top money maker and not having AC for these fellow TEAMSTERS is :horseshit:[/QUOTE
Yeah, no ::shit::. This is the same crew that walked barefooted to school in the snow and never had running water in their tin roofed shotgun shack.
Boo F*ckin Hoo... .lol

In MI holland the breakroom is a cool 80 degrees. they are getting quotes to fix the a/c but contractually that's all they are required to do. it never really needs to get fixed.

In MI holland the breakroom is a cool 80 degrees. they are getting quotes to fix the a/c but contractually that's all they are required to do. it never really needs to get fixed.
That’s supposed to be an advantage of occupying leased terminals. Fix it or withhold rent.