My son Marks truck he drives for Tranzliquid

kiwiray

01/46 04/14
Rest In Peace
Credits
30wrytl.jpg
[/IMG]

Here she is it,s a 2008 T401 Australian Kenworth with just over 3.2 million klm on the clock it has a C12 Cat 430 horse in it with a RR 18 spd box, I believe it,s the bosses 1st truck that,s why it,s still on the road, Mark say,s it drives nice no rattles & sounds great when you hit the jake but he is not a Cat fan, he is in line for a newer truck soon which will be a 2013 T408E KW it,s the same as the new T409 but they call it a 408E because it has a dirty Cummins 600, meaning it does not meet the latest emission standards which is OK because NZ has exemption from them for another few yrs.

kiwiray down under.

Looks good especially for a high mileage truck but isn't it missing a couple of trailers?

Looks good especially for a high mileage truck but isn't it missing a couple of trailers?
New Zealand is not for multiple trailers, only Aus.
NZ is comprised mainly of 2 LANE ROADS with many Hills and Curves, plus there's a length limit for the Ferries.
Aus is mainly OPEN ROADS yet while those roads are two lane, they're mostly tar sealed (when they exist at all) in the OUTBACK and further travels reveal DIRT tracks, so multiple trailers (Length) are of no concern.

CHEERS!!

No, no, no. They're COMPLETELY DIFFERENT and rarely tolerate each other.
Give a go at calling a Aussie a Kiwi and vice-versa.

Tazmanians are neither Kiwi nor Aussie.

CHUCKLES!!

No, no, no. They're COMPLETELY DIFFERENT and rarely tolerate each other.
Give a go at calling a Aussie a Kiwi and vice-versa.

Tazmanians are neither Kiwi nor Aussie.

CHUCKLES!!

The rivilary between the 2 is downright nasty:

[video=youtube_share;RenRILqwhJs]http://youtu.be/RenRILqwhJs[/video]

coupled with my tiredness and then some dyslexia, when i quickly, and i mean quickly cruised the boards, i thought your thread read, "my son drives with tranquilizers"

which at first, i'm thinking, what a wonderful way to handle all the stress on the road..!!

gotta love being tired, and speed reading...huh..???

here are a couple more pics of the KW401

28a5hsk.jpg
[/IMG]Drivers side for us.

2cosyer.jpg
[/IMG]

24bvh9i.jpg
[/IMG]

kiwiray down unde.

Is he at home during the day or night Ray, or does he get a room? I don't see a bunk, how does Mark like it? I bet he was glad to get shed of his truck!

Is he at home during the day or night Ray, or does he get a room? I don't see a bunk, how does Mark like it? I bet he was glad to get shed of his truck!
Hi GT my son does 4 on 2 off & the day shifts start very early around 2 to 3am & the night shifts start late afternoon, they never work longer than a maximum of 14 hours if there is ever an occasion they have to stay away they get put in a hotel, there are very strict rules were one can stop or park a fuel tanker overnight even stopping for something to eat can be a nightmare.

Yes he is pleased he had a go & tried his best to make a buck at it but he was just too fussy with keeping everything up to date such as maintanence, tyres etc & every night he would spend at least 3 hours washing & polishing the truck,trailer & all the alloy wheels, at least this new job they get paid to wash & polish the tractors & tanks.
kiwiray.

Hi GT my son does 4 on 2 off & the day shifts start very early around 2 to 3am & the night shifts start late afternoon, they never work longer than a maximum of 14 hours if there is ever an occasion they have to stay away they get put in a hotel, there are very strict rules were one can stop or park a fuel tanker overnight even stopping for something to eat can be a nightmare.

Yes he is pleased he had a go & tried his best to make a buck at it but he was just too fussy with keeping everything up to date such as maintanence, tyres etc & every night he would spend at least 3 hours washing & polishing the truck,trailer & all the alloy wheels, at least this new job they get paid to wash & polish the tractors & tanks.
kiwiray.

You know what Ray, I'm glad Mark likes it! He deserves something he can do and be proud of and make some good money, being an owner is tough anywhere! Thanks for letting us know what he is up to. It sounds like its a challenge to drive in NZ I have to respect you and Mark for doing it and being professionals.

Thank you GT we are all brothers us truckers no matter what country we live & we always learn that it might look greener on the other side until we get there, I always thought it must be wonderful to have such large trucks stops, I now know that they are just large cess pools of sewage amongs,t other things, I think you would be so shocked at how rough & small our roads are but you would soon adjust to the hills & tight corners & changing gear with your left hand.

Cheers my friend & best wishes for a happy new year to you & family.
kiwiray.

When I here your stories about your Son..... I can only hope to enjoy the same. Its very incuraging to read !

Thanks
Woody ..up-top

Dodgy GT is usually thinking about tight corners, however changing gears with his left hand doesn't help the truck to move..........much.
...Cheers......
To continue--
There's a REASON why there are so few Road Ranger 18 speed Trans in Amerika, it's because there are too many TOSSERS here that have trouble with 9 and 10 speed as well Autoshift.

Y'all need to check some pictures of Kiwi Tunnels (Tubes) as those Tunnels are not smooth sided, so too close and your Load is strewn about.
Kiwiray has some wonderful stories about such travels, so chat him up for verification.
I, for one, would distribute my load in a Tube.
:17142:

...Cheers......
To continue--
There's a REASON why there are so few Road Ranger 18 speed Trans in Amerika, it's because there are too many TOSSERS here that have trouble with 9 and 10 speed as well Autoshift.

Y'all need to check some pictures of Kiwi Tunnels (Tubes) as those Tunnels are not smooth sided, so too close and your Load is strewn about.
Kiwiray has some wonderful stories about such travels, so chat him up for verification.
I, for one, would distribute my load in a Tube.
:17142:

Oh my heck your quote is so funny HAHAHAHA!!! :duh: Last I checked America wasn't spelled with a K commie :nono_h4h: