My Swift Driving Academy Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, you can't ignore me. I won't allow it. Now, what can I do to irritate you some more? I guess I could drag out all the other posts where you brag about how much better you are than everyone else on this planet.

More on this later...

Oh yeah, don't try that hand holding crap with me. I don't swing that way. It's OK if you do, just don't try it with me. Mrs. Guardrail is a red head and she is mean. Fair warning.

That gave me a good laugh.

Liar.

One of these years you will realize I enjoy this.
You backed off like I asked. That's why I didn't add you to my ignore list.

I'm starting to get the hint. I'm going to watch you more closely now and play your game. 2 can do this. ;)

I'm starting to get the hint. I'm going to watch you more closely now and play your game. 2 can do this. ;)

Quit posting in my direction. You are a braggart, plain and simple. If I had the time or inclination, I'd post more examples. Not to worry, as much as you like to toot your horn, more will follow. All I have to do is wait.

Guardrail

Nothing to see here kids...LOL!!

AB, you do have a reputation of bragging and doing the tough guy thing, sorry but check your past posts.

Guardrail is just mean...plain mean! The KING of mean I say!

Some people tend to believe that being a "professional" equates to only to possessing "Experience" ... While it is true that the definition of a "professional" is a person "Engaged in a profession or engaging in as a profession or means of livelihood"... with that being stated....it does not specify any length of time that a person must be engaged in a Profession to be considered a "professional" ....

Another definition of professional means possessing a "Characteristic of or befitting a profession or one engaged in a profession".... This seems to expand the meaning beyond just working in a "profession".... it indicates that a person must also be of a person of character.......

There are many many examples that we all see on the Nations highways.... So called "professional" drivers preforming their jobs, and behaving in very unprofessional means...and most of them are the "experienced" drivers.........and that goes beyond the driving aspect....Has anyone ever stopped at a Truckstop and seen how many of these "Professionals" dress...?? or how they haven't bathed in who knows how long???... or the language used...and I just don't mean just excessive profanity....I refer to the use of language as if they haven't had any education past the 2nd grade.... ... I know that not all Drivers are like that...but all to many are... enough to sully the reputation of those that are not....

So to say that someone is not a professional just because of a lack of experience is not necessarily true in the broader scope of what it means to be a professional....

Being a Professional involves the right attitude, more so than how many years of experience a person may have....A Newly minted CDL driver that has a positive attitude about the job...and about how he, or she, chooses to represent themselves to the public and preform the duties of a driver in a safe and responsible manner....Dressing appropriately....to be clean.. speak in a manner that gives others the impression that you have an education....behave respectfully....and yes that can be difficult at times...but it is the mark of a Professional to have the ability to do so......These traits are not something that is gained only with experience.....The New Driver can choose to emulate these attitudes and behaviors from the very beginning....

In the case of Mr Kalak, we only know him through his postings of his experience at the Swift Training Center....and as I mentioned in a prior post....from that he seems to display the right attitude that will make him a "Professional" from Day one on his own.....

According to the strict definition of the word he is, or will be when he starts driving on his own...and as far as your attitude towards the new Drivers....I would wonder about your "professionalism"..
The New Drivers need our respect and our willingness to mentor them.....not tear them down treat them as if they have no value......Did you forget that you were a new driver at one point in time...?

Why do say that he should talk you in 30 years? Why 30 years? Do you think that is how long it takes, in your view, to become a "professional"?... Is that how long it took you?......

There are many Examples of drivers with decades of experience that have never become worthy of being called Professional.... and by the same token there are many many examples of drivers with very little...perhaps a year or two... that rightly can be called a professional....
Well HE was the one that said the definition of professional was making a living at it not me. Does he seem to have his head on right? yeah to me he does. Why 30 years? because he will have a lot different view about than he does now IF he makes past the first 6months. How long for me to be professional ? Hell people still tell me to grow up, so I guess professional is still a ways away.

Sheesh!

Way to hijack the n00b's thread!

277.jpg

Meanwhile, Kalak is busy trying to live down the wonderful reputation of his new employer.

hqdefault.jpg

i81-crashjpg-b35cadf8dab867b3.jpg

AR-130829429.jpg%26q%3D40%26MaxW%3D900

But hey, when you drive for a company that has more than 15,000 trucks on the road, you're gonna have more exposure. At least Mr. Kalak didn't choose Werner.

Quit posting in my direction. You are a braggart, plain and simple. If I had the time or inclination, I'd post more examples. Not to worry, as much as you like to toot your horn, more will follow. All I have to do is wait.

Guardrail

I'm putting both you on my ignore list! Sheesh.

Nothing to see here kids...LOL!!

AB, you do have a reputation of bragging and doing the tough guy thing, sorry but check your past posts.

Guardrail is just mean...plain mean! The KING of mean I say!

Guardrail is a bully! He needs to punched in the nose!

And Airbrakes needs to slapped on the bottom!

Some people tend to believe that being a "professional" equates to only to possessing "Experience" ... While it is true that the definition of a "professional" is a person "Engaged in a profession or engaging in as a profession or means of livelihood"... with that being stated....it does not specify any length of time that a person must be engaged in a Profession to be considered a "professional" ....

would YOU hand over the keys to an expensive big rig that YOU OWNED, to a newbie and say..."just go"...?? i highly doubt it....YOU would WANT some years of experience before YOU can trust someone with your livelihood..

and, would YOU go to a surgeon, freshly out of med school and maybe the required residency and trust him right off the bat to operate on YOUR body, or would YOU rather have an "experienced" surgeon open you up..???

i'd want several years of operating under the guise of an experienced surgeon, before i trust a "newbie"....

The New Drivers need our respect and our willingness to mentor them.....not tear them down treat them as if they have no value....

uh...reality check here please....

respect is EARNED, not freely given to anyone "just because" they are newly licensed...

Well HE was the one that said the definition of professional was making a living at it not me.

Yes... that's true but it was you who said that he was not a professional driver.....which may be true until the time he starts driving on his own.....I was just making a point that there is more to being a Professional than just experience.....

Why 30 years? because he will have a lot different view about than he does now IF he makes past the first 6months

Yes I agree.....we all see things from the perspective of "hindsight".....and along the path of life things are going to happen that will change the way we think about things.....That's part of the "maturing" process...
How long Mr Kalak will stay with Swift can only be determined by himself, or his particular circumstances as he travels his own path.......

How long for me to be professional ? Hell people still tell me to grow up, so I guess professional is still a ways away.

It's not to late..... you can still Change your evil ways...lol..... Just kidding with you........I would not be afraid to bet your one of the true Professional Drivers.....

We just need to foster more of a mentoring spirit towards those new Drivers that will be out there plying the highways..... I think that does more good than letting them know how inexperienced and thus incompetent......they are....I see most of the new drivers out there do a great job......Of course there are some that don't make it for whatever reasons......and the few that are bad seem to garner the attention rather than the majority that do well .... I just want to recognize those.........

Thanks for your reply back.....I see your points.......

would YOU hand over the keys to an expensive big rig that YOU OWNED, to a newbie and say..."just go"...?? i highly doubt it....YOU would WANT some years of experience before YOU can trust someone with your livelihood..

and, would YOU go to a surgeon, freshly out of med school and maybe the required residency and trust him right off the bat to operate on YOUR body, or would YOU rather have an "experienced" surgeon open you up..???

i'd want several years of operating under the guise of an experienced surgeon, before i trust a "newbie"....

respect is EARNED, not freely given to anyone "just because" they are newly licensed...

[/QUOTE]

would YOU hand over the keys to an expensive big rig that YOU OWNED, to a newbie and say..."just go"...?

In most cases the answer would be "no".... however there is a huge difference between an Owner with a truck...or a few trucks, and that of Swift....And Swift is NOT just handing them the keys and saying "just go".....Keep in mind that Drivers have to get experience somewhere.......

Again your equating being "professional" with being experienced......In the example you used above....I would bet that most everyone would consider a Surgeon as being a Professional......they have had extensive training and "experience" before they are allowed to preform surgeries on their own....They are not just given a Scalpel and told to get busy......Personally, I would not have an issue.......furthermore, how does a Surgeon or a Driver get Experience?............. They have to start someplace.......

[QUOTE]Post by Pilot87 The New Drivers need our respect and our willingness to mentor them.....not tear them down treat them as if they have no value....

[/QUOTE]

Yes your right...I agree.....but to automatically disrespect a person because they don't have your experience is not the way to earn respect either.....

I respect people until they give me a reason not to.....I'm not saying that we should respect new Drivers just because they are new....I'm saying that we should show them respect as Human beings.....until they either 'earn" that respect....or do something that would cause them to lose that respect....

I can agree...respect is "earned"......but also I'd like to add that in order to Earn respect....a person has to be respectable............The quickest way to earn respect.....is to show respect to others first.....

Guardrail is a bully! He needs to punched in the nose!

And Airbrakes needs to slapped on the bottom!
While it pains me to agree with you in this case
I do. GR using his "position of authority" to bully and the other person ( have to be family friendly or risk getting slapped on the hands) just being stupid

While it pains me to agree with you in this case
I do. GR using his "position of authority" to bully and the other person ( have to be family friendly or risk getting slapped on the hands) just being stupid

I am a regular poster. I haven't used any "authority", so quit your cryin'.

Guardrail

No, you just said that I was abusing my authority. I didn't. I called somebody out on their bull****.

Don't get all butt hurt because you broke the rules and got caught.

Guardrail
Now who's crying? If the only punishment I got in life came from you I would be real happy. But go ahead tough guy I can take it

Status
Not open for further replies.