ODFL | My yard isn't happy with the new OT

Yes, but whose family are you spending time with? :hide:
Summer time with you Uncle Trip , but winter time spend more time with my other Uncle Patel down at his Cayman house , which works out good for Taxes , saves me about -15% yearly on them when the Liberty Tax Cayman office does them !:greedy dollars:

I told everyone at my yard that 50 would be the new 60. They panic when we got to 55 and would start sending us to shorter routes we didnt know just to get us back asap and off the clock. I knew 50 would be the exact same way too. If we was happy at 55 before itll be 45 now. Technically a 10hr week paycut ot or not. Id rather no ot and get to work 55. Im a single dad and this really fks my lifestyle and financial stability up. I have no one to help if i get in a bad spot by a furnace going out or etc. I knew we’d get fkd but hear the “oh man this is a sweet deal”. We got screwed bad! Only one that gets a raise and actually gets to make the extra money to where the raise benefited is LH. Why dont they hire more so theyll he stuck 4 days instead of 5 and see how fast they start to agree with us too. Yeah yeah i know theyll be some thatll just blah blah id rather have the days off. But some of us are not in a bad spot, as of now but this loss could get us there in fast pace with 1 transmission or air unit, furnace, fire etc. Some of us really counted on the 50-60hr range to keep a cushion for emergencies in the bank. Now itll dwindle is all itll do. We really got fkd bad imo!!

Y’all paranoid. What’s cheaper, adding a new driver to avoid giving drivers you’ve already got OT or simply paying some time n a half? Y’all keep squawking about OD and it’s OR goals. If it’s more expensive to add a driver than pay a few hours OT then guess what’s going happen

Y’all paranoid. What’s cheaper, adding a new driver to avoid giving drivers you’ve already got OT or simply paying some time n a half? Y’all keep squawking about OD and it’s OR goals. If it’s more expensive to add a driver than pay a few hours OT then guess what’s going happen
They going to hire more driver’s..

Everyone hourly in my yard is not very happy about the OT getting cut to 50. We all asked about it, and we're told get ready to work 45 to 49.5 hours a week. There not going to allow OT just like the way it's been forever. We all normally work about 60, and never complained! Yeah $1.10 was a good raise, but now we'll make less money regardless because of less hours. We definitely got screwed. But as far as linehaul goes- good for you guys. You definitely made out this raise.
ODFL is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Why? That makes no sense. It costs more to add an employee than to pay ot
My terminal was running fine with 16 city drivers. The OT was announced in August we began hiring drivers we have hired 11 so far almost doubling our city drivers. My hours went from 58 to 60 hours a week down to 50 to 52 hours. And we're still hiring, another road test was done this morning. We also have another just waiting on the paperwork. It does cost the company more to hire but they're also getting bigger tax breaks for creating work. It's better for them not for us.

OD should pay OT after 8 or 9 hours daily, not that ******** after 50.
As the market for drivers becomes more competitive I think they will drop it again. 45 at first then maybe 40 a year or two later. Will have to in order to complete with others who have already made that move like sefl and Dayton

Don't say that..They already have the 40 hour employees working 35 already.Never see it .
It’s not like that elsewhere. I lived it first hand at sefl. When they went from no OT to OT after 45 we lost no hours because the work was still there and they couldn’t hire drivers. Sefl has a bad reputation among ltl companies in my area. No one comes to work there from other carriers. In fact one just left to go to Cooper bc sefl worked his body too hard. $4 pay cut but money isn’t everything