ODFL | My yard isn't happy with the new OT

There were about 2500 Reddaway drivers that weren’t under contract at the time. Because of the Teamsters “equal sacrifice” they lost their retirement contribution and were subject to the 15% wage reduction. Not to mention the non union clerical staff.

There were about 2500 Reddaway drivers that weren’t under contract at the time. Because of the Teamsters “equal sacrifice” they lost their retirement contribution and were subject to the 15% wage reduction. Not to mention the non union clerical staff.
If they weren't under contract then they were "at will" employees. In that case the company could have reduced their wages and benefits at any time, for any reason, correct?

Well, I guess that’s a true statement. I doubt it would have happened in practice, just my opinion. The fact still remains, they were affected without any input, that’s my point.
You make a good point. I wonder though if they did have a vote, and they all voted to reject the givebacks, would their numbers have been enough to have changed the outcome?

Heard something in the wind the other day. New supervisors/ dispatchers are going to monitor drivers' hours. Keep them below 50.

In Norcal where there has been a driver shortage for years and especially now I don't know how practical that is. But they have been hiring constantly. And there is also a group going through driver training right now.

Just not sure if the are going to control it to minimize hours. Or zero tolerance for anything over 50. TWT.

Not surprised in spite of that message they put out a few weeks ago.

Old Dominion should vote a union in.

There are to many free thinking employees at OD to ever let that happen. There are to many employees at OD that have watched what the union has allowed at every other union carrier. Simply put if you want a union, go work for one. As a comparison if you don't like the way New York or California is run don't move from there and try to make your new state just like it

More senior city drivers may start switching to line haul depending on location and availability. City is a good place to start and learn for new drivers but line haul pays the best for the time. I definitely see the new OT rule as a pay cut. Hopefully Old Dominion proves me wrong but I doubt it.
Of course it's a pay cut. That's how OD operates.

Had 4 days of work due to New Year's. Had a couple days over 10 but didn't go over 50. No OT on check.

Had a couple line runs but that was mostly mileage pay so doesn't matter.

Heard same thing where I am, manage to 50, potential write up if go over. Good ole OD, put a video out saying one thing from the top, all the locals do another and probably blame the top. Every day every terminal. Cracks me up this place is so profitable with all the finger pointing, lack of clear communication and changes with the wind along unfair and inconsistent "policies,"

So, they lowered your OT to anything over 50, however if you get any OT you get wrote up???

Is that correct?
Heard same thing where I am, manage to 50, potential write up if go over. Good ole OD, put a video out saying one thing from the top, all the locals do another and probably blame the top. Every day every terminal. Cracks me up this place is so profitable with all the finger pointing, lack of clear communication and changes with the wind along unfair and inconsistent "policies,"