Yellow | Name the trucking companies

AND DONT FORGET....Carolina was covered in Freight and brought the other Teamsters that were on strike over to work their docks....AND...those Brothers & Sisters were bringing buckets of money, food and even walked the line with us....have you forgotten??.....KK:1036316054:
I'm surprised with all this name dropping that no one mentioned Churchhill Truck Lines... They agreed to work thru the '94 strike but wound up closing during the strike...

And if memory serves me, Nationsway worked thru the strike as well...

how about;
quinn freight
frank j cole
holmes trans
st johnsbury
I'm not familiar with Frank J. Cole, but I am familiar with Jack Cole Transportation (later Jack Cole's Dixie Highway Express) from Birmingham. They were bought out by East Texas MF in the early '70's...

Churchill - where dock & office gave back and city drivers didnt - Union
Bmac - Union
Hyman - Union

Just a couple Ive worked for

in 1975 when i first worked hall st. in st.louis it would be shut down to non-truck traffic between midnite and 6am there was so much work there. some of the old restiction signs are still there.

I think 222 lifer wins the prize. That was a great list that brought back a lot of memories. My Uncle went out with Boss Linco when they closed. 38 years a Teamster, still alive in an assisted living home. Told me a lot of stories about the good old days.

Here is one that I worked for that dont seem to be on any list.They carried me through a few layoff's at big R years ago and although family run they were indeed union.
Provan tank lines.
NOW.....can anyone tell me what the company was up in new England that sprang up just about overnight after St. Johnsburry went out and carried most of thier freight until the government finally shut it down for the unfair trade practice that created it? I just cant remember the name but it pissed me off every time I saw one.

I am seeing more union companies that have gone out of business than non union ...my hope was to show that unions aren't the cause but that management or the economic times may also have been a factor.:duh::holysheep:
:hide: Simple fact is, there were way more union companies around back then than non union, so more of them closed.
De-regulation threw a curve at the LTL industry, and upper management at many companies was more interested in fighting the union than adapting to the changing times.
The union can only be blamed in a very small part for the closings, upper management is who drove these companys into the ground. :smilie_132: